BTTF Doc's Futaba Remote & In-car Digital Speedometer Build/Log (NagleIndustries)

An Irrational fear that an adhesive alone would not hold up over time. Call me old school, but I like my mechanical fasteners!
I've got some 3m VHB tape on order thats the right color and thickness.

You will eventually have to replace the 3M tape. On my remote it started to come loose and pull away after a year or so.
I never finished mine. It had an empty Unibox with just some of the switches and labels added, no wiring or electronics.

You can use the 3m tape for the right look, and have some hidden screws or fasteners of some kind so that it will hold up over time.

Hi!
I searched is not found relevant descriptions. Someone you could give Futaba radio dimensions ?
(length , height, depth , etc. ) Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi!
I searched is not found relevant descriptions. Someone you could give Futaba radio dimensions ?
(length , height, depth , etc. ) Thanks!

Here's what I came up with for you, if you're still interested.
(I saw you are in Hungary, so I made the measurements in metric to be helpful. Hopefully it does help)

Regards,
David M.
aka McFlyDallas

Attachments

• Doc_Remote_dims.gif
    Doc_Remote_dims.gif
    27.9 KB · Views: 201
Here are a few pics of the front and the inside. This one was built in time so I could take it with me to a convention, so it was rushed and things aren't right or final.
like for instance; the plate is slightly wrong on the dims, the molex light is mounted too low, the jacket size on the wire is too large, the switches, ...

20160920_172531.jpg20160920_172555.jpg20160920_172614.jpg20160920_173627.jpg
20160920_173641.jpg20160920_175418.jpg20160920_175427.jpg20160920_175525.jpg

Thanks everyone, I like the way the project is turning out too:).

The last step is trying to cost reduce to make it easier on everyone's wallets. I want everyone that wants one to be able to get a kit.
At the same time, I can't take a loss on the stuff - and I will not be reducing quality to reduce cost. Ever.

As a hypothetical: If today I were to offer for sale only a set of stanelys [ (3) readouts with (3) sockets], the price would be $300.

In other news, to charge my setup I am recomending everyone get a " iMax B6v2 " charger.
Fakes / clones that do not work well are extremely common, so only buy from a reputable vendor. Here is a recommended link to one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._Professional_Balance_Charger_Discharger.html

You'll be able to charge both types of kits; the 'everything in the Unibox' type, and the 'much larger battery inside the remote' type.

-Gary

Did you try hobbyKing? I know they have an EU warehouse and ship all over. They should be able to ship to almost any country. You may have to search their website to get the charger that comes with the correct wall plug for your region, but if you dont the plug is easy enough to find locally.
The power supply is built in and should accept 115-240v, or DC from 11-18v.
58285-2.jpg

As an alternative for EU, this site SEEMS on the up and up. I would definitely check the holofoil serial number when it arrives.
http://www.agmhobby.com/item/imax-b...discharger-dual-power-with-eu-plug-p-925.html
Comes with EU plug.

Parts are in for the charging cable.
20161021_230532_1.jpg
I think the last thing left to arrive is all the wire, then we can get this thing rolling!

Ill be hand assembling the PCB and the Stanleys as orders are shipped, so that will end up being the bottleneck.

In my diligent research, I just came across another tidbit of information.
The knob has a continuous indicator line running down it. The previous best guess on the correct knob has segmented indicator lines.
BTTF1_031118__knob.jpg

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back