DL-44 ESB Blaster Discussion - Greeblies POST 208

I always thought the goldish color looked like epoxy. There was also some grey stuff stuck to the center that doesn't really show in the pics, and it was also thought to be a glue residue.

Just because there is black paint on the disk does not mean that the it was added for the sake of the blaster build. It could have been on the found item. Also, there is no evidence to support either way if the mystery cover was originally a complimentary piece to the disk or if it was just another found item that was stuck over the top.

I have also wondered if the gold coloring on the disc is paint or glue remnants.

This could be a complete coincidence, but it's the same country, same set. Some of the Hoth troopers have a greeblie on their belt buckle, that looks eerily similar to the Hoth Bracket disc. This would suggest something was glued ontop of the disc..

LFL___1408%u00255B1%u00255D.jpg

I also never looked into that "weapon" that he's carrying, but I'm about to.

This came from finding some Prop Store gloves on google with crazy greeblies, and I noticed the belt buckle soon after.

EPIC Catch

The belt buckle made it into Brandon's Star Wars Costumes book, but is not specifically talked about. They don't even mention the V8 model kit when they reference the rank badges.

Just dropped it onto my livingroom floor to flip through and that costume is there!

This could be a complete coincidence, but it's the same country, same set. Some of the Hoth troopers have a greeblie on their belt buckle, that looks eerily similar to the Hoth Bracket disc. This would suggest something was glued ontop of the disc..

View attachment 789390

This came from finding some Prop Store gloves on google with crazy greeblies, and I noticed the belt buckle soon after.

Could there be some relation between that part and the greeble on the Snowtrooper costume? The general shape lines up as if the sheet metal piece were meant as a cover for that part with the three screws. There's discussion about the part here: https://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=263003

Nice catch but it’s doesn’t seem to appear to stick out far enough to reflect that mystery hoth knob..
e5084ebe353b54da1f00d7e12bf4b1ae.jpg
But it’s does look very similar to what is on there now..
7926a520245eb166ffdab5e3a9ed8996.jpg

I just don't envision the cap having any sort of indication (raised bumps) of the three fasteners underneath. If the cap was made for the found item to cover the fasteners, then it seems like the cover might try to hide the visual indication of the existence of the fasteners. If the cap is an unrelated item that just happen to fit over the disk to hide the fasteners, then I also would not expect it to have some sort of look of raised bumps. Again, I have no actual evidence just gut feeling.

View attachment 789390

The trooper's blaster in that photo is just a Ponda Baba blaster with a Sterling grip. AR7 receiver, mortar fins, etc. Different scope. Can't recall if it's a Singlepoint or not.

Edit: Oh, you must mean the thing that's in his hands? That's a good question! Sorry, I misunderstood. It looks almost like it should be the targeting control device for the satellite dish turret behind him.

Edit: Oh, you must mean the thing that's in his hands? That's a good question! Sorry, I misunderstood. It looks almost like it should be the targeting control device for the satellite dish turret behind him.

haha yea, I think it also fires a big laser on it's own during the battle and even as a kid I didn't understand that part.

Also, those bumps look like screw heads to me on the buckle. That's why I was intrigued! the bottom screw looks misaligned.

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back