Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Pre-release) (Spoilers)

Sorry Bud it wasn't an attack on this thread and I didn't mean it that way. It was more that the other thread was ruined by people complaining about what is spoilers and what's not even though the bulk of the thread was spoiler related and most accepted and had fun with it. I hope we can get this thread better than the other. :)

Ben

Yeah, it was more fun when we just had a free for all in the one thread. :)

I never like the whole pre and post threads. If you don't want spoilers stay out. :) Self control is an important trait.

Pre and Post are also markers to indicate that the movie has been released and the discussion now includes spoilers.

Many existing thread titles just get edited to include post-release, since they didn't have many pages of pre-release discussion to begin with.

The exception is the big franchise film threads which have dozens of pages of pre-release discussion; they get a new thread (post-release) upon release so readers can catch up to the reactions, reviews and discussion more easily from the opening pages.

Using spoiler tags is a common online courtesy in regards to others who still want to participate in the general discussion before the movie's release without being spoiled.

Asking members to stay away from the threads altogether before a movie's release is not a very forthcoming approach just cause they are avoiding spoilers. Members here use spoiler tags on other movie/TV threads, people even use it in other parts of RPF.

But for some, using spoiler tags appears to be troublesome or perhaps it's too beneath them. So with Star Wars we made an exception and are having an open spoiler discussion thread before the movie's release. It's still not going to swing for everyone, but it's the better middle ground for now.

If he's from the PT, I'm guessing Kickster! Anakin's best friend on Tatooine. He would be young enough to possibly still be alive with cyborg help, AND the connection to Vader and collecting things from the Empire. Maybe wondering what turned his friend to the Dark Side...

- Jeff

Na, for the same reason it is likely that he is not Boba...unless of course the twin suns on Tatooine bleach skin. If they are going that route...I suppose the Rhodian friend is a possibility. Maybe it's a Sandperson who survived Anakin's Sandpeople tribal murder.

My money is on Sifo Dyas for MVS. Supposedly it is a prequel character, but not necessarily one that was shown, that die-hard fans will recognize the importance of, but will be trivial to the general public.

The reason I think it's Kitster is:
- Anakin's best friend growing up
- It's said he collects artifacts of the empire and possibly of Vader- Kira finds Anakin's/Luke's lightsaber and brings it to MVS's character.
- the artwork of him holding Vaders burnt mask looks like there's strong emotions there
- he may know that Kira is Han & leias daughter= Anakin's grand daughter. He keeps a close eye on her. And the artwork that looks like his arm around her may mean something other than the look of dread on her face.
-he's already on Tatooine
- looks like he's half cyborg so the ethnicity issue may not be a factor.
- sounds like in PT it was a small part and only fans may remember him
- who else in PT would be that connected to the force/empire/Anakin? And the right age? It would have to be a kid.

The reason I think it's not Kitster is:
-MVS is not remotely Central-Asian, cybernetics or no cybernetics
-Kitster had no reason to know Anakin had become Vader
-the desert planet seen in the teaser doesn't look like Tatooine
-speculation on top of speculation (Kira being a blood relation to any OT character) is not a good start to support an argument
-the age MVS is now, minus 55 years to get all the way back to Episode I would put him solidly in his 30s -- a bit too old to be Kitster :p

Ok, if you're matching up MVS's age with his character then it's closer to 19, ep7 is set approx 66 years after ep 1, not 55. MVS is currently 85

Ok, if you're matching up MVS's age with his character then it's closer to 19, ep7 is set approx 66 years after ep 1, not 55. MVS is currently 85

I tend to grace an extra decade for older folks' ages, since people in the Star Wars galaxy tend to live longer before geriatrics set in in earnest. Either way, he'd still be too old to be Kitster.

Pretty sure Palaptine murdered Plagueis as part of his own ascension (regardless of the question of whether they go with him being a Muun, as in the EU). Sifo-Dyas is a possibility, but I still consider it a stretch. Maybe Ki-Adi Mundi survived? Or Qui-Gon learned how to re-manifest out of the netherworld?

--Jonah

I would say this is a very strong probability. My bet is 50/50 Plageous or Dyas.

I agree, but I'm leaning towards Dyas because I suspect Andy Serkis is going to be Plagueis, considering reports of how his character has supposedly been pulling Palpatine's strings all along. Could be interesting either way, though!

I agree, but I'm leaning towards Dyas because I suspect Andy Serkis is going to be Plagueis, considering reports of how his character has supposedly been pulling Palpatine's strings all along. Could be interesting either way, though!

Uh Sifo Dyas was killed by Dooku as part of Dooku becoming a Sith Lord. Obi Wan even says in the movie that Master Sifo Dyas died ten years ago.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back