Batman Arkham Origins build from 3d files

CrimsonCoscrafts

Hey Guys,

Hope you are well?

You may of seen me floating about the forum doing 3d stuff for guys in the past and my recent runs of Deathstroke and Batfleck parts.

Last year I got approached by Gauntlet FX to make the Arkham Origins Armour and cowl to be 3d printed, cast and then molded.

I obviously jumped at the chance as Working with Kev is always a pleasure and I know my 3d work would be given justice.

LOVING the suit, I set to work on getting all the refs and building it up, you can see Kevs build thread on the forums :)

Once the files were approved and sized up to a normal guy (as we know Batman is built like a brick ****** house) and sent the files to Tundra Designs to be printed and Finished off as their standard is pretty much unmatched,

Well a year later and I got told by Kev that my suit would be arriving and it would be, " A BIG BOX" lets just say, 3 weeks ago, it was like xmas come early lol.

I set to work planning this bad boy out and laid all the pieces to see what I had to tackle

IMG_9458.JPG

Once I had planed everything out, I set to work gluing it all together. I decided to follow a cimilar format to how the Dark knight Nolan suit was built, and have the chest and back attached and slip over the head.

IMG_9466.JPGIMG_9467.JPG

The neck was also cut away from the cowl so I could do it up, I started off with Velcro but have since moved to a zipper :)

Next up was attaching the shoulders and I did this with some good strong nylon webbing, attached to the suit via D-links to remain as faithful to the game as possible

IMG_9476.JPGIMG_9477.JPG

I OBVIOUSLY had to give it the uppers a quick try on :p

IMG_9509.JPG

Next up was the abs and obliques, Tundra and Gauntlet had really thought about this and provided some squares of ribbed rubber to fit the pieces together, so I set to gluing these all up with some trust urethane glue with added gorilla glue.

IMG_9511.JPGIMG_9512.JPGIMG_9513.JPG

I then got some straps to fix to the back armour to pull it all in nice and tight.

IMG_9518.JPG IMG_9525.JPGIMG_9531.JPG

I then got the bicep and tricep armourand used the excess ribbed rubbing and glu'd together to form the arm armour.

IMG_9521.JPG

Next up was the cape, I used some poppers/snaps underneath the bow tie, glued them in and got the missus to sew the female part to the cape :)

IMG_9542.JPGIMG_9552.JPG

With all the uppers done I set to work adding more straps to make it nice and tight on the Torso and all that was left was the thighs which I used velcro to attach to my trousers.

IMG_9557.JPG

Finishing touches were to paint my boots back to black as I used them for one of my red hood costumes :)

So with everything done I had to SUIT UP

IMG_9567.JPG

I am going to weather up the suit and make it look nice and worn to match the video game.

The colours are not the standard issue Arkham Origins as I wanted to go with the Dark Knight Skin you get at 100% completion :)

The suit is quite comfy to wear and movement is great, I cant bend at the stomach but I didnt expect that haha.

Any questions then let me know

Mann this is so amazing! I love seeing these video game suits come to life! All of you guys really knocked this thing out of the park!!
Congrats!

Looks great man! My cowl from Kevin should be arriving in the next day or so, and then in the next three weeks im going to order this same armor, but in grey.
mind telling me what kind of glue you used? I can imagine i'll new to use the same thing.

Awesome work!

I got a question though, do you attach the shoulder pieces to the biceps (Like TDK suit), or leave em separated?

I did a quick search for "trust urethane glue" but didn't come up with anything online. Is it under some other name? Where did you get it?

hey buddy can u help me with a design for the thighs i built the rest but im running into trouble i have the pep file but i cant seem to get it right for foam

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back