3D Printing Iron Man pieces

IndridColdx

Hi there.
I wanted to get myself a printer for IronMan suit parts. The thing is I am not too sure of the dimensions I should look for.
Is it fine to print a whole helmet for example? or is it always best to print it in pieces for more sturdiness.

Which printer should I look for?
Thanks! (if this isnt the right forum please switch me to the right one)

To answer your question, I don't think any home printer with a good reputation has the build platform to print the whole helmet in one go. The LulzBot TAZ 4 comes close, but you assemble it. Not sure where you are on your 3d printer knowledge. It would be pretty expensive to print a whole suit, especially yourself. The ABS and PLA will add up fast plus thecost of the printer. Probably easier and a lot cheaper to pep it and just print the smaller parts like the hands/fingers/arc/various dongles. . There is a seemingly never ending post about the Da Vinci printer a guy is using for props. I would ask there.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/trials-tribulations-my-da-vinci-1-0-3d-printer-220694/

To answer your question, I don't think any home printer with a good reputation has the build platform to print the whole helmet in one go. The LulzBot TAZ 4 comes close, but you assemble it. Not sure where you are on your 3d printer knowledge. It would be pretty expensive to print a whole suit, especially yourself. The ABS and PLA will add up fast plus thecost of the printer. Probably easier and a lot cheaper to pep it and just print the smaller parts like the hands/fingers/arc/various dongles. . There is a seemingly never ending post about the Da Vinci printer a guy is using for props. I would ask there.

http://www.therpf.com/f9/trials-tribulations-my-da-vinci-1-0-3d-printer-220694/

Incorrect my good man, the Taz does in fact come assembled, they just have a new option to buy it without it being assembled.

Bought my Lulzbot Taz for this very reason. Like Kevin said, even on a Taz it would have to be cut some, but I can print an IM helmet in as little as two parts, though three parts usually is better for overhangs and stuff.

Haven't done a whole suit, though........yet.

Hi there.
I wanted to get myself a printer for IronMan suit parts. The thing is I am not too sure of the dimensions I should look for.
Is it fine to print a whole helmet for example? or is it always best to print it in pieces for more sturdiness.

Which printer should I look for?
Thanks! (if this isnt the right forum please switch me to the right one)

Oh, but to properly answer your question, you should read up on Lulzbot Taz 4. Best build space for it's price range, hands down. The standard software, which is freeware, can be a pain sometimes, but their are several options available for using other software. I have one and I love it.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back