The Force Awakens Stromtrooper Blaster Disscusion Thread

View attachment 414416

They kind of look like the rebels guns we have at the disney store now. They already have a folding stock on them too.

The Nerf versions indeed, but mirrored
blaster.jpg

Holy wow.

Guys,

Really look close and compare the tallon SS to the new TK blaster...

Forget about the tank in the back! That could be easily modded to hold a very small tank.

Look at the angle of the top of the back of the handgrip.

Look at the SHAPE of the trigger gaurd, it is the same shape just made larger by a white plastic cover.

And the biggest tell to me? The little red button sticking down in front of the trigger!!!

But why use 600$ airsofts?

Idk. But by God you may be on to something Rex!

Hell, you may have nailed the first ever ep7 prop found part/donor piece!

;)

Here is an AirForce Talon SS:

http://i.imgur.com/U4492kO.jpg

Which when stripped down, looks like this:

http://i.imgur.com/pcbwTtG.jpg

Trigger guard definitely looks the part anyway.

And here is a quick (and terrible) mock up in MS Paint:

http://i.imgur.com/AVzvU4G.jpg

Obviously the proportions are way off, but you get the idea. The added end cap section would house the compressed air and the casing around the body for the magazine and scope mount sections looks large enough to fit all of the electronics for the lights. Only thing they would really have to modify would be the ability to dry fire. I've been looking through youtube but I haven't come across anyone dry firing these semi auto.

At least I thought I was on to something! lol

Here is a video of the Talon P, the shorter version of the SS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DelJx1RPhQ

From the info I have collected, there are proper adapters to fit normal Co2 cartridges in the back. A small tube and an end cap would easily conceal the cartridge so there's your gas source.

This air gun also has the ability to be cranked up to around 900 FPS or so. It has 12 power levels I think. The kick you see in the video I linked wasn't even at full power. So there's your kick.

Like I said before, the ONLY thing keeping me on the fence about this, is the dry firing, which you would obviously have to be able to do. This is a single loading air rifle but that doesn't mean the trigger won't engage the valve to release the air when you pull the trigger without a pellet inside. The safety is only activated when the bolt is pulled back to chamber a pellet and the trigger doesn't seem reset when the bolt is pulled. This gun may be able to dry fire.

Even if this was an issue, I'm sure the prop crew could remedy it.

Last edited:
I'm trying to remember but have blasters ever been shown to kick at all in the movies? I know in the OT they used actual functional guns firing blanks to generate muzzle flash but I can't recall if any noticeably kicked.

I don't really remember any scenes with noticeable recoil.

JJ & co. probably want to portray the newer weapons as more lethal and powerful.

I just hope the DL-44 hasn't been tampered with TOO much. We will probably see a similar if, not the same scope on Han's blaster. Which wouldn't be TOO bad. ANH style with ESB/ROTJ size.

Yeah, you can see some recoil (and ejecting brass casings) in the OT, especially the scene in ESB where Leia/Lando/Chewie/Threepio/R2 are chasing Boba to get Han and they're in a fire fight with a bunch of stormtroopers. You can see the (admittedly light) recoil from the Sterlings, and in the white halls of Cloud City, you can easily see ejecting blank casings too. But blanks don't have too much kick at all, obviously due to the fact that the "kick" from live rounds come from the whole "Newton's 3rd Law" thing. With no actual round there isn't much of an "equal and opposite reaction" going on to drive much recoil.

Yea I saw this video on the Cantina forums at Starwars7news.com.

The vertical hoppers are loaded, so chances are they are using those to shoot 'dust' for blaster hits or some other type of practical effect.

So, super late on this thread, but it lookslime a sterling with the rear sight cut in half, the cocking lever groove removed from the received, the scope mounted further back ( the scope, BTW, looks almost exactly like the one that came factory with my F&N FS2000. Theejection port being covered with etthe mag well and same magazine, with some color differences. The stock now sits lower on the rear pivot, and is the same design, just exagerrated a bit. End cap looks the same to me, as does grip angle. T-tracks are unsure, but certainly a bit different/stylized as per JJs liking.

Ad far as the left side of the gun - other than the knowledge that there is a clip mechanism for the thigh holster, I'm not sure if anyone knows - nine of the promo shots have shown that side....

Maybe someone who has pics of a screen-used blaster at cvii can enlighten us? I can easily build the right side, but without left images, its only half the picture (duh!)

I am working on 3D printing a blaster for my new stormtrooper. I have the files, but what I lack are the correct measurements. I would really appreciate ALL input. Thanks. Here's what the file looks likeblaster file 2.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back