The Force Awakens Stromtrooper Blaster Disscusion Thread

Yea, true.

Also, if that's a real scope, then it's a really small objective lense.

Maybe even an air rifle scope. Something like a Daisy 303 comes to mind.

But right now I am leaning towards custom CNC'ed, made with vintage scopes in mind.

After watching the trailer and Mockingjay Part 1 nearly back to back, I don't like the white accents because it looks too Peacekeeper-y, which is a problem because the Peacekeepers are shoddy stormtrooper ripoffs.

Reminds me too much of the Hasbro b/w E-11 blaster

View attachment 410288
I just noticed some similarities between the toy blaster and the new stormy blaster. I don't know if they are just coincidences.

* The Hasbro toy is the same mould as the old Kenner blaster from 1979, except that the Kenner blaster has a working folding stock - which is straight like on the new blaster.
* The toy also has three slits behind the mag - like the three red lights on the new blaster.
* The Hasbro toy also has a thick trigger guard of white plastic - like on the new blaster.

It's still not as bad as every single gun in the PT! :lol

Actually I thought it looked like General Grievous' blaster, especially the white Hasbro one.

star-wars-general-grievous-blaster-pistola-3747-MLM67879695_9777-F.jpg

image.jpg

They kind of look like the rebels guns we have at the disney store now. They already have a folding stock on them too.

I spent a while Googling "British airguns" and didn't particularly see anything that could have been used as a base gun...

I don't know.

If they built the entire gun from scratch, then wouldn't they just implement their own c02 'blowback' system?

Why purchase a crap ton of air guns, gut them and THEN build a blaster around it just to give the guns a physical and practical 'kick'? They could've just rigged them up with c02 cartridges and made up a simple system in-house, no?

Easier to buy off the shelf items, strip off any furniture and then encase in a custom made shell - see Doom, Starship Troopers, Pulse Rifles, Fifth Element guns etc...

In the next shot, we get a good look at the right thigh: no holster but a strange greeblie - doesn't necessarily look like the blaster clips on, but maybe! Also can see a little of the front of the blaster in right front troopers hand...
View attachment 410311
I wager that you are correct on what we see on the troopers right thigh, i believe it to be a magnetic holster.

Here is an AirForce Talon SS:

U4492kO.jpg

Which when stripped down, looks like this:

pcbwTtG.jpg

Trigger guard definitely looks the part anyway.

And here is a quick (and terrible) mock up in MS Paint:

AVzvU4G.jpg

Obviously the proportions are way off, but you get the idea. The added end cap section would house the compressed air and the casing around the body for the magazine and scope mount sections looks large enough to fit all of the electronics for the lights. Only thing they would really have to modify would be the ability to dry fire. I've been looking through youtube but I haven't come across anyone dry firing these semi auto.

At least I thought I was on to something! lol

Last edited:
The blaster's trigger guard is thicker. The tank would need to be smaller.
The new Stormtrooper blaster is actually shorter behind the grip than the Sterling.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back