Bandai SW kits appear to be out in Japan!

Perhaps a bit, but remember they are 1/72 scale.

TazMan2000
So were most of the Fine Molds kits, but they didn't have that "toy like" appearance that these Bandai kits have (from what I've seen so far, that is--I'm hoping it's just the way the prototypes were built for the promotional photos). Then again, I already have enough X-Wings, TIE Fighters, and Millennium Falcons, so at this point I'm really only interested in the figure kits.

Eh, those parts sprues look pretty fair to me. And it comes with a display base I might actually use...

Though, really, I'm most interested in the droids.

--Alex

Yeah, the fuselage on that x-wing looks pretty bad. And the torpedoes going into the exhaust port looks like, well... Something else.

I might have to buy these just for the bases and exhaust port... The X-Wing pics look like a prototype buildup... very rough. I'd be shocked if the final was that rough.

Jedi Dade

I'm curious how it compares to the Finemolds kits in terms of accuracy. I can already tell it's a much nicer kit than the MPC.

The Bandai Darth Vader TIE is absolutely more accurate to the studio model than the Fine Molds. From what I know about X-wings, it looks to be the same case there as well. I think Bandai knocked it out of the park.

I do not think these kits will look toy like when built by a proper modeler. The assembled images are 3D prototypes and not the final kit. The kit parts on the sprue look to have nice crisp detail. In my opinion the panel lines on the Fine Molds were too thin and almost erased by a coat of primer and paint. These look just about right. I am not worried about these, and I'll be picking them up as soon as they hit the states.

The Bandai Darth Vader TIE is absolutely more accurate to the studio model than the Fine Molds.

I wholeheartedly agree. Just the TIE cockpit alone is head and shoulders more accurate than Fine Molds. And Bandai gives you options of glass or no glass windows -- a huge plus. On the close up pictures, some of the panel lines look slightly large, but they're also highlighted in pretty dark paint. A subtle wash should keep them better in scale.

I like the way that the sail part that is on the back of Vaders TIE is a separate piece...think of the options of customising this thing

J

Well looking at the pics of the xwing; it seems that it doesn't have decals it looks more like stickers to me. If they did it that wat they are just toys. I pre ordered an xwing and Vader TIE from HLJ so I'll know for sure in about a week and 1/2 since the release date is supposedly Nov 22.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back