ADVICE: Renly Baratheon Armor (Game of Thrones)

jimmyc

HELP! :)

I have been working on some Renly Baratheon armor for a few months now off and on for a friend. And I am at a point where I don't know what to do, and I thought this would be a good place to come for some advice. The armor is coming together really well, but the detailing around the edges I'm kind of at a loss. Any Ideas on how to do that?

So far I've thought about doing it with tape or paper and painting over it. but I don't want to spend a million years working with a razor.

The whole thing is made with Worbla.

Shoulder1.jpg

Thanks!

-Jimmy

have you ever worked with solder? I dont know if that would even come close to working...

Not sure how solder would react with the Worbla, that stuff has a pretty low melting point.

I think you're going to have to apply something to the armour, so you've either got to emboss a thin surface and stick it over the Worbla or somehow create the filigree from card sections and stick them down... but I wouldn't envy you that job. Wonder if you could find some pre-cut card at a craft shop with a pattern that's close enough?

I guess you might be able to use a fine squeezy bottle and some PVA or something and ice the pattern onto it.

Just some thoughts.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back