FINALLY!!! My 1:1 ESB Darth Vader Statue is Complete (Lots of pics inside)

Brent M

Sr Member
Well, it took over a year and a half to get this project done because of various obstacles that I won't get into here, but my 1:1 ESB Vader statue is finally complete. This whole odyssey started when I was able to get my hands on a TM ESB helmet which is the most accurate ESB helmet in existence(and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise). From there I was able to get the Elstree chest armor from DarthVaderV which is a perfect match for the TM helmet. The cape and robe were made by KevVader, the chest box and cod piece are from ArtisanProps, the belt boxes, belt buckle and saber clip from Ace Replicas, GT shin guards, leather gloves from Indy Magnoli, and a custom made leather suit with custom leather boots. The mannequin was built exactly to David Prowse's measurements during the filming of ESB along with a custom lighted Carbon Freezing Chamber base and bluetooth voice system that has a breathing function and lines from all the films.

Overall, I'm thrilled with how this statue turned out and it's light years ahead of the licensed Rubies/Michael Burnett Vader statue I had for over 10 years! The one thing I've always wanted in my collection is a screen accurate ESB Vader and that goal has finally been achieved. Here are some pics I've taken and a link to a video clip I shot as well. I really need to get a professional photographer with a high end camera in here to do a photo shoot because my pics don't really capture how impressive it looks in person, but hopefully they'll at least give some indication of the work that went into making this piece. Thanks for looking and enjoy the pics.:)

20141115_172438.jpg

20141115_210935.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

20141115_210239.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2317.jpg

IMG_2311.jpg

20141115_211426.jpg

20141115_211215.jpg

20141115_172656.jpg

20141115_182230.jpg

And here is a video I shot that features the breathing and voice clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgAJDYOJHVU&feature=youtu.be

Awesome Brent. Just awesome. :):thumbsup I know you're ecstatic to finally have this in place after all the trials and tribulations. I'm glad to see you with it.

I love the pose and the build-out immensely. His proportions are perfect!

dang dude... I need a body for my tm esb... that is epic!

Thanks, man. As soon as I acquired the TM helmet I knew that I had to turn this into a life-size ESB statue. It took a lot longer than I expected and cost a ridiculous amount of money, but in the end it was worth it as I now have a screen accurate representation of my all-time favorite movie character. :cool

How did I miss this???? Your work is...impressive, most impressive. Haha I know someone said it already.

Last edited:
Meant to put this in the original post, but here is the pose I based my statue on:

calendar_vader01.jpg

And here's how it turned out:

IMG_2323.jpg

Think I got it just about as close as I could. ;)

Amazing!

I love everything about it! I keep telling myself that a helmet will be enough...ok a helmet and maybe shoulder armor to do a 1:1-bust-with-saber display would be cool.....now I think I need a 1:1 ESB Vader and just be done with it. Is that how it goes? :lol

Amazing!

I love everything about it! I keep telling myself that a helmet will be enough...ok a helmet and maybe shoulder armor to do a 1:1-bust-with-saber display would be cool.....now I think I need a 1:1 ESB Vader and just be done with it. Is that how it goes? :lol

that's how it's playing in my head...

Amazing.. Definitely one of my dream displays.. How much went into it??

Amazing!

That's exactly how it works.. Or like it was for my Indy, I'll get a Fedora to display with my Indy props, but a whip would look awesome with it; might as well grab a jacket, to add to the detail of the display; I'll grab his gas mask bag so I can add Stones etc ... Crap, might as well get the rest and make a FULL display.. :lol

Amazing!

Well, I pretty much knew from the start that once I got my hands on the TM helmet I was going to turn it into a full statue. I love helmets and bust displays, but nothing beats a full life-size figure....especially when it's the coolest character in movie history. :cool

Amazing.. Definitely one of my dream displays.. How much went into it??

Well, I'll say that it cost less to put together than what Sideshow is charging for their upcoming 1:1 Vader, but not by much. The TM helmet and Elstree armor were extremely expensive, but I didn't mind paying the freight for them since I knew I was getting hard parts cast directly from screen used pieces. It also cost me quite a bit to get the custom mannequin made to Prowse's dimensions and the lighted carbon freezing chamber base(both of which had to be shipped from another country at the cost of almost $1k).

I'm probably looking at an outlay of around $7500 for everything, but I had a Rubies/Burnett licensed Vader statue from the mid-90s that I sold to a fellow collector for almost $7k so overall I'm not really out that much for what is a night and day upgrade over the licensed piece. :cool

Looks absolutely stunning, like he walked right off the movie screen. I like the base too, really completes the display.

Thanks, man. The whole goal in this was to put together something that looked like it walked right off the set so that comment is truly appreciated. :thumbsup

Looks really cool :thumbsup .
3 little things I would do to perfect the display...:)

1. push up the chestbox to the chestarmor
2. do the same with the belt and cod ( distance between the chestbox)
3. try to weather the chestbosstraps to brown color

The breast muscles could be a little bigger from the surface. Up to about the half of the chestbox.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back