another Spinner . 6th scale. printed

IMG_0407.JPGDecided to go with rubber tyre after making rubber legs for Huey. I've gone with a hard matrix mold in clear resin so I can watch it fill . If it works I'll make the other wheel as the front wheels are thinner

View attachment IMG_4382.JPGthought will all I'm doing is sanding and filling I would keep it going with a few things. most of these are common methods. For molding I have a little leveling bed to make sure my lat mold have a leave surface when filling.View attachment IMG_4383.JPG home made degasser think wall cooking pot 3/4 acrylic top.View attachment IMG_4384.JPGthis one is counter intuitive, sand of the top of the mold before removing the part with an orbital sander. You think this would destroy the silicone but it doesn't. I used to just wipe the excess off before the resin set but this can lead to uneven fills.View attachment IMG_4386.JPG

IMG_1251.JPGIMG_1252.JPGIMG_1255.JPGIMG_1254.JPGIMG_1253.JPGeverything I own has a slight yellow dusting. and one arm is bigger then the other with all this sanding. so so close to molding. I've seen you can now buy a 6th scale Decker on e bay but I think I should stick with my home build. Has anyone got a picture of the graphics on the parking meter ,I'm sure I've seen it somewhere but can't find it. Its great having this post here to look back on as I've never done anything that has taken so long.

fantastic. I'd given up and started one from scratch in illustrator but now I can see do a better job thank you very much. I will share the file here when its done and the parking meter on thingiverse .

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back