another Spinner . 6th scale. printed

Sorry guys and girls life steps in again
I've just finished on a big job and was planning on getting stuck and finished the spinner.( funny thing is if I wasn't molding it, it would be done by now) well I've been asked to go live in Atlanta for a year to do my next project so will have to leave this project on the back burner 4200 miles away. But if Trump get in he might kick all us foreigners out when he builds his wall and Ill be sent back to England then I can finish it.

I have a few days before I fly to Atlanta and leave my workshop for a whole IMG_1008.JPG year. So I thought I could get one little project do . Yes I built my Degasser . I didn't want to spend thousands of pounds on silicone and fast cast only to spend hours filling holes. So here is my test project. first pulls out of the mold . Still some details to go on but I'm pleased with him

Well flimzy, the life of a Gypsy take him to the next gig. I'll be saddened by the lack of update à-propos the Spinner...:cry

thank you
although this does mean I'll be on hold. I have sorted out a few problems . I now have a silicone I like and a degasser , and I've got a humidity meter in my workshop . No more wasted frothing fast cast.

Shame this will be on hold (again :-D) but looking forward to updates when they arrive. Have fun in Atlanta!

Hundereds of miles away from my workshop. So I've been thinking more about weather or not to make this in to a kit . There has been interest so I know you would all like it to be. Al thought I must state that is not my main goal,I just want one for my self. I think if I do it it will be a kit semi assembled and not painted. and I'll get together with some one else about doing a lighting kit separately as that's not me strong point. I'll do a video showing how the mechanics the wheels and flaps but wont provide the servos and boards. this will keep the price down. This way people can bring the own individual approach to the final thing ( after all the RPF is all about building things) molds only last so long so it would be a limited run.
Having great fun out here in Atlanta designing things for a new SiFi film but I'm missing my work shop at the weekend

Good to hear from you mate and the fact that you're enjoying the gig! Would be fun to have a 1/6 scale model of the Spinner...we'll have to check my funds;)

Welp, I'm blown away. This sucker's gonna be huge!

Sorry you had to leave it behind, I have projects right here at home that sit for months or even years at a time, and I'm not even traveling!

Still, I can't wait to see it finished!

I've been looking at printers, since I've been out of commission with my foot surgery.

I can't afford anything like an Ultimaker or that fancy resin-guy, but I'm looking at the Prusa i3 in kit form. Seems to be the best bang for the buck, budget-wise, anyway.

Hopefully I'll be able to get back to work soon so I can afford one! I haven't messed around with a 3D modeling program in a long time, though!

Yep, seems that the Prusa i3 is doing a great job at printing good quality pieces (one member here is printing a Robocop suit with that same machine).
And flimzy, thanks for the tease...it's looking good alright;)

As I'm not going to be able to get back to the spinner for a wile (year) and I don't have a workshop in Atlanta of my own. I'm getting itchy feet to make something not work related. I don't really want to start a new thread as I think there all in the same universe. I'm going to print out one of the models I've all ready CAD'd up when I was sick. I'm going to do him 6th scale as they might look good on a shelf together. IMG_0353.JPG

As I'm not going to be able to get back to the spinner for a wile (year) and I don't have a workshop in Atlanta of my own. I'm getting itchy feet to make something not work related. I don't really want to start a new thread as I think there all in the same universe. I'm going to print out one of the models I've all ready CAD'd up when I was sick. I'm going to do him 6th scale as they might look good on a shelf together. View attachment 715533
Is this the little dude from the Black Hole movie?!

I haven't seen that movie in years!

And boy do I miss work! I'm in a similar position with waiting for my heel to heal. Haven't been at home to work on any projects. It's starting to get really old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back