Ash vs. Evil Dead (TV Series)

gUevLyj.gif

I can only hope that Bruce Campbell is following his own words of wisdom when doing this show.

"You have to give a ******."

I really hope they don't encumber this with too much plot. Part of the winning formula requires that you don't have to care what happens to secondary characters. I hope this show throws continuity and character arcs right out the window.

I'm honestly concerned about Bruce's ability to be involved in the action scenes. He's a little crusty, he seemed to be slowing down in "Burn Notice" and I wonder if he can really take the heavy action that the movies had. I just don't want to see another "Crystal Skull" Harrison Ford performance.

Hope this is good or at least a nice supplement to the movies.

I liked the remake when it came out but it lost a lot of its luster later on down the track. It just wasn't the same.

Would be kinda cool if one episode was when he wakes up way passed his present time (alternate ending) and has to get back and then we catch up to the original ending. Awesome to see more original Evil Dead continuing! I had one of the games on Playstation, it was ok lol

I actually came up with an idea a long time ago for an Evil Dead TV series. Looking back at what I had written down, it wouldn't work very well now (especially the idea of the Xena: Warrior Princess crossover, which has been done in the Dynamite Entertainment comics recently). The story involved Ash jumping back and forth through time in an attempt to gather all the pages of the Necronomicon, so to be able to use it to get home, with the Evil Dead constantly hot on his heels throughout the jumps with them attempting to keep him from doing so, so that they could finally take over the world of the living. The only thing I can see that could work from what I had written down is Ash ending up back in time to witness the events of the first Evil Dead movie, and not remembering them (having him only remember how things played out in the opening of Evil Dead 2), and that he discovers that something occurs which resulted in the timeline being changed, resulting in only he and Linda heading to the cabin by themselves instead of Cheryl, Scotty and Shelley coming along (yeah, I know, a lame in-universe retcon explanation as to why the beginning of Evil Dead 2 is different from the events in the first film). Thank god I never really shared it with anyone. I bet my ideas would have ticked off quite a few ED fans.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back