Ash vs. Evil Dead (TV Series)

There's only two words I can think of that describes my reaction to the end of the season finale: Oh, craaaaaaaaaap.

Yep, that's the word.
Now the long wait for season two. ARGH!!!!
How great was it to see Ash's solution to the modern popular horror movie scary kid? LOL

Did anyone else spot the freddy Glove?When ash was in the basement it was on the left side of the door,there were a few more shots when kelly was in the basement too.

I actually don't buy the season finale. Ash just giving up? Making a deal with a Dark One? That doesn't sound like him. Now I was expecting him to make the deal to get the other two out of the situation, then betray the Dark One and stab her.. but to actually make the deal and just leave? I just don't buy it.

I actually don't buy the season finale. Ash just giving up? Making a deal with a Dark One? That doesn't sound like him. Now I was expecting him to make the deal to get the other two out of the situation, then betray the Dark One and stab her.. but to actually make the deal and just leave? I just don't buy it.

Well, the only way it would make sense is if the last half of the episode is actually still inside that hallucination that Ruby induced (the hallucination of inside the trailer just before he read the book) and Ash doesn't know it. But, since we see outside events, which includes Kelly's attempt at burning down the cabin, it's safe to say its not a hallucination.

Maybe? I doubt it it's part of the hallucination. I mean I feel for the character, but I can't believe he'd just give up like that.

Sometthoughts on Ash's motivations and I find them sound...

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/ash-vs-evil-dead-finds-death-and-glory-fruit-cella-230181

And I LOVE this....

When you think back to the origins of The Evil Dead, and how the entire production spawned from a group of college buddies working off a shoestring budget, it’s just unbelievable to see how far this series has come along. It wasn’t long ago that Ash’s extracurricular activities were relegated to the final two minutes of Army of Darkness, or the piles of comics that ludicrously paired him up with everyone from Darkman to Freddy Krueger to Re-Animator. No, there’s been some magnificent world-building as of late, and it goes way beyond whatever Evil Dead 4 could have mustered up--actually, it goes way beyond any similar retro mining as of late. In this stale Fan Fiction Era, where audiences are taken back to Jurassic Park, told to run from T-1000s again, and tasked to blow up another Death Star, Ash Vs. Evil Dead has been a handful of sugar, a guaranteed slice of ballistic, irreverent entertainment. So, when Pablo insists, “You have no idea what’s out there,” we should simply lean back, smile, and wait.
Good fishin’, that’s what’s out there.

It really felt like they didn't know if they were getting renewed when they were writing and once they got the news, they changed things really quick.

It really felt like they didn't know if they were getting renewed when they were writing and once they got the news, they changed things really quick.

Actually they got renewed for second season prior today airing of the first one. At least that's what I heard.

In fact, I thought what was going to happen was Ash was gonna double-cross Ruby by using the rift incantation from the second film, and all the characters were going to end up in another timeframe (like the Wild West or Ancient Greece or something).

Last edited:
Brit here, just started watching the series and its pretty damn good! Much better than I expected.

therpf question now, where do I get Lionel's (the Books From Beyond guy that Ash meets in episode 3) awesome scroll/scribe waistcoat? Unfortunately costume designer Barbara Darragh has no online presence to chase up with that question.

Actually they got renewed for second season prior today airing of the first one. At least that's what I heard.

In fact, I thought what was going to happen was Ash was gonna double-cross Ruby by using the rift incantation from the second film, and all the characters were going to end up in another timeframe (like the Wild West or Ancient Greece or something).

They could all go back and stop that terrible reboot movie from happening lol. Hopefully this hits DVD soon as even my mom wants to see it.

Lol, Ash taking the easy way out . no not Ash never . lol.

I love the last shots if the show !
Blasting music like everything is fine .
There in the back of the car like WTF !
Really ?

Lol, classic Ash !

I like the show over all. It does unfortunately lose some steam after the first two episodes and picks up when we get back to the cabin. The cabin was well done by all means but I felt it was kinda el cheapo story wise. The movies are not high art by any means. The are cheap and pure camp fun. Having said that ED2 had shots that inspired my friends in terms of film making. ED is a guilty pleasure in terms of my favorite films! The series is definitely better than that remake film thing!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back