Darth Vader (Rubies Lid Mod, Scratch build)

@alexmiller1 - have finished the chestbox, was more patient with the next repaint i did ( hehe), installed the fettronics light i got and it turned out a whole lot better than the original chestbox i made before. also installed new fenixprops tusks, will post updated pics soon, the beltboxes are next, have done some Rogue 1 premier troops with the local 501st as a guest/recruit ( costume not yet approved, pending more refinements).;)
I rush things all the time but I regret it later... Slow and steady brother, slow and steady[emoji6] [emoji106] .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, sharing some pics since my last post, still lots of work to be done but slooowly getting there...

shot during another hospital visit, the faux wool cape looked great in this photo...but is now in need of hemming, it was initially hemmed without letting the material rest, so now it has lengthened and is dragging too much on the floor...

cropped photo, but was taken with some cancer patients ( kids... :( )

some pictures during a mall parade..

procastinating on working on the other needed upgrades ( belt boxes, shins, inner robe...haha

thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Looking awsome!!

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6560 using Tapatalk

Thanks! this has been put on the backburner again, but have since made more accurate beltboxes and buckle, havent attached them to a more accurate belt i ordered though. the inner robe is still with the tailor...havent had time to check if he did it right,,,haha...bit the bullet and had my sister order shins from korbanth...havent confirmed also if she actually ordered it already... :D

Thanks Man! that photo was taken during a hospital troop with the local 501st., i am allowed to test troop with them everytime i have an upgraded part to show. ;) ...re-uploading all the WIP photos to this thread might seem to be a drag ( $h!++y move by Photobucket *#@*+!), so will leave this as is. will just post new pics from IMGUR with new updates as it happens. Sis has confirmed order of Korbanth shins...yay..hope she sends 'em soon as it arrives at her place......slow steps for final submission of approval photos to our GML

did a birthday test troop to show my new inner robe and korbanth shins...

ikdyiu9.jpg

QpowIT7.jpg

aVTIWz1.jpg

OyMnLnl.jpg

Zoom voice changer needs more tweaking so will sound less robotic, but nonetheless great NOT to be a silent Vader.. haha

the mofifications to the armour not yet done so old DIY one was still utilized..

KuC95zB.jpg

eArVnq3.jpg

getting closer to being confident enough to submit approval pics. ;)

some more pics from the last event...

fk28JOn.jpg

AJTmzwI.jpg

kS3eXlK.jpg

BlIZor4.jpg

DlnLJQV.jpg

o69RqPt.jpg

CXnsx4P.jpg

Tcrc83q.jpg

keen eyes will notice i have the wrong saber,,,,busted mine so this is a borrowed red saber. ;)

This post by OdiWan72 will make all the pics work again omel...

"Don´t know, if you guys have seen this by now, but there seems to be a fix for displaying the old PB pictures again:
Here are some direct links to get extensions for Firefox and Chrome browsers to delete the PB ransom demand and restore the original image:

Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome extensionhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

No add on for Internet Explorer so far, but a start ;)

Markus"

Last edited by a moderator:
Btw yours is better than this 501st vader that i saw recently... Good work.

webvad_4345.jpg

Just looking over the pics again with them working, this is really amazing work considering how much you have done yourself.
Craft your fandom, it's at the top of this page... bravo :)

Last edited:
This post by @OdiWan72 will make all the pics work again @omel...

"Don´t know, if you guys have seen this by now, but there seems to be a fix for displaying the old PB pictures again:
Here are some direct links to get extensions for Firefox and Chrome browsers to delete the PB ransom demand and restore the original image:

Firefox extension https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=search

Chrome extensionhttps://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

No add on for Internet Explorer so far, but a start ;)

Markus"

Hey Thanks! it worked., hopefully others working on a budget Vader (DIY) will find the photos useful. ;)

Not Screen accurate but still a very good Vader.

Yep, not going to pass 501st yet, but working on it . hopefully with a little more modifications, can get it to pass basic. ;), will only submit approval pics when i feel confident it will be ok....someday...someday... any tips to make this budget diy build more accurate will be very much appreciated...MTFBWY

Last edited:
Yep, not going to pass 501st yet, but working on it . hopefully with a little more modifications, can get it to pass basic. ;), will only submit approval pics when i feel confident it will be ok....someday...someday... any tips to make this budget diy build more accurate will be very much appreciated...MTFBWY

You surely are working on it and doing well might I add. First off which version of Vader are you going for? The Legion goes by movie specific costumes when applying.

Here are a few things that stand out:

You need to bulk up ALOT. Your chest box sinks in to far past the armor.
And you need to fix the dome positioning on the helmet to sit lower in the back. Rubies had it mounted to high and too forward.

Those 2 things will greatly improve your Vader.

As far as the other Vader.....What in the Hell approved that for membership? I have always thought the approval by each Garrison is a bad way to get membership. I have seen some shoddy Vaders worse then that one get approved in some Garrisons. In my opinion there should be one set of Judges for approval.

You surely are working on it and doing well might I add. First off which version of Vader are you going for? The Legion goes by movie specific costumes when applying.

Here are a few things that stand out:

You need to bulk up ALOT. Your chest box sinks in to far past the armor.
And you need to fix the dome positioning on the helmet to sit lower in the back. Rubies had it mounted to high and too forward.

Those 2 things will greatly improve your Vader.

As far as the other Vader.....What in the Hell approved that for membership? I have always thought the approval by each Garrison is a bad way to get membership. I have seen some shoddy Vaders worse then that one get approved in some Garrisons. In my opinion there should be one set of Judges for approval.

Thanks! ROTJ is my inspiration for this build. will tilt the dome a tad more to the back, the chest box being sunk in is due to the fact that my breathing sound speaker is directly underneath the front of my amour, ( the usual small bluetooth speaker i use conked out so a replacement one that is quite bigger pushes the armor outwards, working on my sound system to fix that), hopefully my other armor (FG i'm currently modifying) wont stick out too much with the new smaller speakers i ordered.
Our local GML and CO are quite strict about adhering to the CRL so unless i myself feel that my Vader will pass, shall hold off until its up to standards. i am only permitted to join in their troops when i test out new/upgraded parts i have and only for charity and birthday troops, ( and only If the other 2 approved Vaders are not available and the client adamantly requests Vader) anything formal SW events i cant join yet.
and yep, not to bag on that other Vader , but his build as it stands (looks like a Rubies with a ROTS helmet) will not pass scrutiny of our garrison officers.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

long time since last post, ( dad became one with the force a few months back) projects have been hibernated.
have modified my FG armor and working on the bells now:

ZbMxHcX.jpg

IDr0HZT.jpg

MqIjRmB.jpg

3co5S1S.jpg

dzHxvTk.jpg

xrc5LLj.jpg

constructive criticism always welcomed.

Thanks for looking

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back