Interstellar Suit - Share your ideas/research

Oh gosh I'm I'm complete pep novice so I'm not sure. I just thought it would be helpful to have when I start my build but I suppose I could go the foam route.

Upon further examination I have discovered a number of mistakes in the shape and proportions of the backpack. It's easier to start from scratch than to rework this model. As in most model building the second and third version is always better. Back to the drawing boards.

I noticed that this dental floss case was very close in it's shape and size for the buckets:
Dental Floss.jpg
It would work for non functioning shoulder buckets and you get five in a pack.

I did get the promotional patches from the Adler Planetarium. I guess they were a limited swag item at SDCC so the ones on ebay are really expensive. There should be other cheaper options soon.
adler.jpg

How far are you planning go to modify the overalls, the suits in the film have a distinct pattern. Also what are you going to use for the shoulder,elbow and knee pads? The elbow and knee pads appear to be rubber, the shoulder pads have the same material texture like the chest pads.

That looks like the perfect solution, more than anything the white sole would be difficult to do with paint. Plus I like the pattern on the boot, They could work as is.

Beautiful work on the helmet! Any ideas on how the lens might be done? I believe there are some lights in the ears.

I was looking into the buckles a little more, these may work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-2-inch-Me...g=20140407115239&rk=20&rkt=30&sd=351261968467

The side release buttons on the suit look recessed. Then, there's a plastic shell over the whole thing to hide the fabric loop. Don't know how they're attached. I'm also still working on the patterns, the pants are tricky...
FL-15237rv3.jpg

I agree I think that you have found the perfect solution for the buckles. the chest armor appears to be molded plastic with material glued to it. If you do something similar you can rivet the receiver side to the chest armor then cover it with a vacuum form detail part.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back