Interstellar Suit - Share your ideas/research

I got the interstellar book, it good reference for the suits and some ships but not much else. Just a nice printed book. Nothing like the Marvel artbooks.

I don't know what your plans are for the wrist connectors but I found these online:
http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchan...tp&Product_Code=ATP-FLS-012&Category_Code=GRT
FL-V-Band300Tube-225225.jpg
Of course they are non functional but attached to the end of the sleeve they would look cool.

I've been looking into some dry glove ring systems, but they're way too pricey and not entirely accurate. Those rings look great though, maybe add some strong magnets to it?

Last edited:
I have also looked at these type of gloves for another project but since these gloves don't have to work why pay the high price, these rings give the metal look that the suits in the movie have.

I agree. Some aluminum rings will do perfectly. Although they may be the last piece I'll add to my suit just in case. Also, we don't want to forget the helmet disconnect.

There are all kinds of options for the neck ring. In my Armageddon suits I used toy sand pails and cut the tops off.

An update on the fabric. I found blue upholstery fabric on clearance and started painting it. It really takes a lot of paint but I like the result.
I think the waffle cloth is the better option.

cloth.jpg

I also bought cheap auto floor matts from Walmart. $10 for two large and 2 small.
I cut the basic shape out of the small one with identical tread patterns. Not sure how happy I am with the look.
It doesn't match the film but only people here would notice.
I need to practice with the heat gun to shape them and round the edges.

knee.jpg

Following this closely. Just saw the film on Sunday and the suits were amazing. I'm totally inspired to make one as well so I'll certainly contribute any pertinent info as I start to tackle the build.

:( Stand by. Might be scrapping plans and starting over from scratch.
The Bulgarian off white coveralls won't work. The amount of paint I had to put on the upholstery made it inflexible.

I might suck it up and buy actual white work coveralls. Mo money, mo money
http://www.fullsource.com/red-kap-c...eached_white&gclid=cpso96apucicfqkyaqodyreaiw
I did not fail, I just learned how not to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

I worked out the collar while working on another project, it fits a 10" ring.
View attachment 413604
View attachment 413605
The first file was a PDF, which is full size as is this jpeg, I hope it helps.

Yes, similar to the neck ring on my EOD suit. Not sure what material.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back