Laying Paper Mache over Urethane Rubber?? Good idea? Bad idea?

DarkKnightRyan

Quick question for the experts!!

I wanna make a paper mache copy of half my Dark Knight Cowl, to turn in to a 'broken' version from Dark Knight Rises. It's made from urethane rubber, so my concern is, would a basic white flour/water mixture harm the surface of the cowl If I applied the paper mache directly to it? Like would it potentially absorb into the urethane and dry it out or discolor it?

Or is it recommended that I first cover the surface in saran wrap or aluminum foil, so it conforms to the shape and apply the paper mache on top of that??

I actually am already in the works using the saran wrap method, so I may have answered my own question here, but I'm noticing the paper mache is not capturing a lot of the brow/eye detail because of the saran wrap not clinging to the cowl and bunching up in areas, and thought applying wet paper mache directly to the cowl would give a better impression.

let me know your thoughts!

Thanks!

RYAN-J

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back