Aluminum cast Clone Trooper Helmet

Re: Aluminium cast Clone Trooper Helmet

Man job well done! Superb!

I have to say though that your stand looks quite.... Phallic. Lol.

The weight of the helmet pushing down on the bell end...errrrr..... Tip of the rod..... End of the shaft thingy..... The knob end...... May eventually squash the foam padding inside. Depending on how much the helmet weighs.

finished the showcase..
IMG_0449 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0451 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0452 Kopie.JPG

Last edited:

That is superb. I had to say it again. Are you gonna make a plaque for its display case? Doesn't really need it as it looks good as it is now.

What's the weight of the helmet at now?

thank you, thought of making a plaque but decided not to, cause I don t know if I d take this one into an exhibition together with my other works so a plaque could disturb the context with other works maybe. but I think it dont need one, just as you said.
the weight of the helmets with all the stuff in it is different for every one of these three. it goes from 4 to 5 Kg around 9 to 11 pounds.

I finished the outside of the gree helmet this weekend, so the external of all helmets is complete now. the gree helmet could be just a little bit more dirty, but I wantet it to be more like a relict from clonewars, used bud cleaned a little bit after it was found. anyway, I thing its pretty much close to the movie though.

IMG_0456 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0458 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0459 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0460 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0461 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0462 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0463 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0464 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0465 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0466 Kopie.JPG

IMG_0467 Kopie.JPG

Last edited:

Do you have templates for the interior padding? It's amazing [emoji7]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

I tried to make something like templates for my padding now, even if these are not really templates though, but just an easy drawing. but maybe it could be a help for someone who would like to do one. the size of the parts depending on the size of the helmet anyway, just as the form does when it comes to detail. so, here are the parts I used:

It is possible to do it completely out of the mesh-fabric, mine had a thickness of 6mm, so its already a padding. but after doing 4 of them, I was thinking a mixed way is the most comfortable and best looking for me. so the gree helmet and my resin one have a mix of mesh fabric and normal fabric filled with some padding material. But I think some of the parts should be mesh fabric, because this is more stabile than the other. I wrote it on these parts. on the other hand, the parts with a padding, the padding material gives stability. especially the neckring is working very well with a padding inside so its holding the whole interior helmet in place inside the helmet.
as you can see besides there are nr 1 and 2, just to explain, if you like to do a padding part, you need 2 fabric parts. the front that you see (2) and the back (1) thats closing the little bag wich is holding the padding. so dont forget the extra material for the high of the padding (2)

here the padding I used:

the middle top of the head and the neckring is missing here, it is just some rest. its also possible to do the neckring in 3 or 6 several parts, I had the very left padding for that. the ear padding could be better square shaped too. all the blue padding is 2cm high, the black 1cm. so the the 2 topstripes in my case are 3cm high, this is just depending how it works for you. its always good to try it, if its fitting or not while working on it.

As a fellow Metal head... most impressive work!

thank you very much! i think i already said it in this thread, but your boba/ jango fett helmets cast in aluminum were a great influence to me to start these thread. i planned to cast a helmet some time ago, but its always a great help to see what other people have done, so I found yours. great work!

Sir, again I take my hat off to you. Your words and advice throughout are very inspiring and definitely encouraging. Congratulations on a job well done!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back