Age of ultron Quicksilver

orhadar

Hey guys.
now I'm trying to make a pattern of AOU Quicksilver, but I can't seem to understand the texture on it.
aaron-taylor-johnson-the-avengers-age-of-ultron-set-01-1200x793.jpgage-of-ultron-avengers-quicksilver-thumb-300x250.jpg
It seems to be more than just white squares, but due to the quality and size of the pics we got, I can't really see what it resembles.

here's what I've tried, not sure it's 100% accurate.
Quicksilver.png
I would appreciate any info we can get on the texture on of it.

Hey guys.
now I'm trying to make a pattern of AOU Quicksilver, but I can't seem to understand the texture on it.
View attachment 401253View attachment 401254
It seems to be more than just white squares, but due to the quality and size of the pics we got, I can't really see what it resembles.

here's what I've tried, not sure it's 100% accurate.
View attachment 401255
I would appreciate any info we can get on the texture on of it.

idk if this will help but this is what it looks like when the light hits the fabric from an angle it looks more roundish.

http://nomoremutants.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Age-of-Untron-quicksilver2.jpg

This looks really good so far! Though I think the texture design needs to be scaled down on the parts beyond the main torso piece. And the colors all need to come down and be cooled, at least comparing the two on my monitor.

I spent a while staring at the textures and agonizing over them already, so lemme see if what I found helps you! I can tell you there's actually 5 different textures...

1. Waffle knit across the chest and on the hands. In lower resolution pictures, it does look circular, but that's a trick of light.
2. Horizontal basket weave on the abdomen.
3. The little shoulder parts are a denser weave than the waffle knit. No idea what to call it or how to describe it. :X
4. The navy parts are a vertical line weave.
5. Ribbing at the neck and around the thumb and fingers.

I have a high-resolution picture where you can see what I'm talking about. Hopefully this uploads okay!

hi-res-twins.jpg

I spent a while staring at the textures and agonizing over them already, so lemme see if what I found helps you! I can tell you there's actually 5 different textures...

1. Waffle knit across the chest and on the hands. In lower resolution pictures, it does look circular, but that's a trick of light.
2. Horizontal basket weave on the abdomen.
3. The little shoulder parts are a denser weave than the waffle knit. No idea what to call it or how to describe it. :X
4. The navy parts are a vertical line weave.
5. Ribbing at the neck and around the thumb and fingers.

I have a high-resolution picture where you can see what I'm talking about. Hopefully this uploads okay!

View attachment 407143
wow thanks! that actually helps a lot :)
is it just me? or are they making the texture on each new costume more complicated so it'll be harder for us to cosplay? I thought ASM2 and man of steel were complicated enough.

No problem! I would guess against the flashy Avengers costumes they had to figure a way to make a shirt more visually-appealing. The answer: USE ALL THE TEXTURES! lol

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back