Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts

uprooted that Roy, Hope it bumps it further

- - - Updated - - -

voted, i up VOTED

Thnx for the uproot ;)

Well, it is clear by now that the T-track was a draft excluder profile, presumably from a car, which was purchased by his production buyer and came on a roll (meaning it must have been flexible) and was indeed flexible enough to bend into shape on the Sterling machine-gun.
So no cabinet door sliders! No windscreen wipers!
Exciting!! The hunt is on again!

Interesting so, it sounds like it was a trim piece that blocked air coming through on cars. My bet is that it would be found around doors, sunroofs, maybe even convertible car tops. And maybe from an MGB or Mini, it would make sense that it would be a British make since they had access to rolls of it.

If that's what it turns out to be, that's hilarious. When I was looking for something. Like t track for a custom saber, I looked at tons of car weather stripping as an option.

If I wasn't out of town if head over to British motors (ar restoration place in vancouver) right now.

I checked several vintage Mini restoration websites for something that fit the description. Most of the images are terrible and impossible to tell what the profile is. I tried check MGB parts websites but they are even worse. More than likely it's going to take some foot work by someone in the UK to find it, there aren't many shops in the US that would carry that stuff in stock.

Side note, I just picked up a Heiland Synchronar for next to nothing at an antique shop today, I plan to make it a Vader Saber.

It's interesting that it came in a roll. I'd always wondered about car parts. I believe I read in another thread about them being brown as well?
And flexible too... The other day at work I spotted some brown plastic but flexible T track in a pile of dust and junk that the house keeping lady was sweeping up. Don't ask if it'd fit the bill,definitely not, but kind of a funny coincidence I think. Ended up grabbing it and using it on my custom saber.
House keeping lady looked at me like I was crazy ;)

Various OT lightsaber parts

I checked several vintage Mini restoration websites for something that fit the description. Most of the images are terrible and impossible to tell what the profile is. I tried check MGB parts websites but they are even worse. More than likely it's going to take some foot work by someone in the UK to find it, there aren't many shops in the US that would carry that stuff in stock.

Side note, I just picked up a Heiland Synchronar for next to nothing at an antique shop today, I plan to make it a Vader Saber.

There's a Classic English Car repair shop close to my house, but I can only check with them in a couple of weeks because I'm off on a holiday :)

I also picked up a Heiland yesterday! I hope to build some MPP shrouds & bulb releases soon, so I have a proper test victim already.

Last edited:

allot of mini coopers had "soft tops" i wonder if the track was used as a sealer around the cloth soft top?

6526479619_8b56e13575_b.jpg

heres one with the fabric top pushed back

Light-Blue-Classic-Mini-mini-cooper-6977301-500-375.jpg

heres a excellent picture but its huge

Classic-Mini-Cooper-Hire-London-Turquoise-Roof-Open.jpg

i still don't see this track being used in the automotive industry.. i can't see it being functional

Well as suggested in another thread ... it seems that Roger used to refere to T-track as coming of cupboards ... now he's mentioning it to be some sort of sealant rubber for cars ... just wait another 30 years and he's back to windshield wipers ... though he says never to have called it that before . . . . so as far as I'm concerned we're back where we started with this question ... I'm going to enjoy my plastic T's from Roy, Gino and Saberfreak for any saber that needs them to finally become finished. And I would not be too surprised if Roger is going to use those given brown vintage T-track by kalkamel on his 8 remaining G R A F L E X flashguns :)

Chaim

Well as suggested in another thread ... it seems that Roger used to refere to T-track as coming of cupboards ... now he's mentioning it to be some sort of sealant rubber for cars ... just wait another 30 years and he's back to windshield wipers ...

In another 30 years, lets hope he can still answer emails from his grave.

roygilsing I was wondering if you have an eta on gold/silver ESB circuit boards? Don't let it ruin your holiday though lol

Last edited by a moderator:

i agree with ya chaim, unfortunately at the time of creation no one would have thought to document every little part.... what the heck is cup board anyway?!?

@roygilsing I was wondering if you have an eta on gold/silver ESB circuit boards? Don't let it ruin your holiday though lol

If I have a what?!
But yes, I've got news about the gold circuit board. Today the gold plated pcb's came in! Anybody ordering now, will receive these. At least, after I return from my trip in two weeks.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435009093.233026.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back