Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts

Thank you Aison!
I agree on the ESB circuit board; the contacts are currently in copper, but I might try to gold plate them in the future. Maybe offer both versions, since gold plated doesn't come for free I guess! :D

I re-did one using a gold paint pen and soldered the silver bits. It come out ok. I am gonna redo it, but mask up each tab one by one and do a neater job. Great idea about offering both, some of us are more hardcore and ready to fork, or force out the bucks:D

Would love to see working Red buttons! please =D

my red button replicas as from a old run, they don't have springs in them. they used a crumbled up piece of paper to act like the spring lol

my plan was to go to radio shack and see if I could get a small enough push button to fit inside the red button and epoxy it in

now with all the local radio shacks closing I don't know where to go to find one small enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about the saber hooks. They are made of stainless steel but will they bend out of shape when a lightsaber is hooked and unhooked? Also will they bend out of shape when bending at the waist? In other words would they stay bent if flexed too much or would they spring back to hold their shape?

Last edited:

I'm curious about the saber hooks. They are made of stainless steel but will they bend out of shape when a lightsaber is hooked and unhooked? Also will they bend out of shape when bending at the waist? In other words would they stay bent if flexed too much or would they spring back to hold their shape?

Hi Psab keel,

The hooks are actually very strong and won't just bend by using them.
But I haven't used them intensively on a belt myself, maybe someone else has. They are not made from spring steel, but again, they are very strong indeed.
If you buy it and you're not pleased, I will refund you.

Roy

Thank you for the information Roy. I have some nice hooks but they aren't as screen accurate as yours. Do you have a lot of yours in stock?

So Roy and I got to meet today ... doing some research and developement for possible MPP/Heiland parts ... Roy also brought some goodies around Kylo Ren 3D printed in black, his G R A F L E X Luke ESB and 5Cell broad sword seen here amongst my many Vader sabers :

One of which a true vintage MPP ... 'Which one is it ?' :

Some measurements taken of a Heiland conversion, this is going to be slow progress and some serious thoughts about costs vs. demand :

At least the shroud is coming together in 3D ... don't turn it on though ... oops ... having a great time :

Thanks Roy ... for a great afternoon :)

Chaim

Yeah, I'll take the A-Wing, the Kylo Ren, the Graflex Vader and that correct MPP shroud!

Roy took some measurements of Vader's ROTJ G R A F L E X shroud and controlbox as well ... so he's gonna try and tackle those parts too, NeoRutty ;)

Ha,ha,ha mugatu, ... but those belong in a museum, like my home, ... and I could play : 'I spy with my little eye . . .' with you guys for a very long time :lol

Chaim

Last edited:

hahaha looks like a lot of fun! I don't think I can express the appreciation I have for folks that use their resources to give back to the community

I would have made the trip to the netherlands, you guys could have said something ;)

Honestly...great collection.
Chaim I'm jealous. I think there are still more props in your place than seen on this picture?
WOW

Indeed there's plenty of props, costumes, modelships, action figures, custom made stuff and merchandise, some of which still packed and sealed in my attic. . . . people don't call it a STAR WARS MINI Museum for nothing when entering my living room . . . and then there's dwarfs, smurfs, witches, Asterix figures, trolls and all kinds of cartoon figures too ... and I'm planning something special to celebrate my 50th birthday in November ... so fingers crossed we get approval to execute order 69 :lol

Chaim

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back