Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts

Yeah, those and the reference photos I've been sharing have gone out there and gotten crazy. I don't understand how they get resized and made more crappy in quality though. What's the point of that?

roy any updates on the red buttons?

Well, I made a silly mistake: I ordered the wrong buttons [emoji21]
The buttons that arrived were from the Graflex Shop and were the thumb screw type that don't fit a real Graflex! Disappointment all over.
I still have to order the correct ones now, or produce my own [emoji1]

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

Well, I made a silly mistake: I ordered the wrong buttons [emoji21]
The buttons that arrived were from the Graflex Shop and were the thumb screw type that don't fit a real Graflex! Disappointment all over.
I still have to order the correct ones now, or produce my own [emoji1]

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

aww that stinks! I'm still interested when u find them!

Roy, I just received my ANH conversion kit, I love your work on this and cannot wait to build my first prop, will post pics when wrapped up. Thanks to everyone on this thread and the great advice. Can't wait to get the t's for my E11's thanks again Roy.

I doubt Roy will answer soon ... he's fast asleep now and will be pre-occupied with his core business being a Production Designer for the next couple of weeks ... I do believe member Clutch had a tutorial involving a mitre-saw ... how to cut T-track ... but I can't seem to find it ... sorry :)

Chaim

I doubt Roy will answer soon ... he's fast asleep now and will be pre-occupied with his core business being a Production Designer for the next couple of weeks ... I do believe member Clutch had a tutorial involving a mitre-saw ... how to cut T-track ... but I can't seem to find it ... sorry :)

Chaim

i would like to find a nice small, aluminum mitter box... no luck yet

i would like to find a nice small, aluminum mitter box... no luck yet

X-acto makes a nice one that comes in a kit with the saws. I think I got mine at Ace hardware. The angles on it were perfect for the ANH grips.

Chaim

I believe the clutch tutorial was on the bubble strip (you provided it to me in another thread on another forum) but Roy himself already provided the answer on the T track

http://wannawanga.com/tutorials/luke-esb-tutorial/

Thanks guys. I have seen GINOs post before, but was looking for any experiences with Roy's tracks specifically in case of material differences. But it sounds like they should be similar enough to use the aforementioned methods.
intwenothor I was looking for options for cutting the ANH angle specifically. I have read Roy's awesome ESB tutorial before, but he doesn't go into the options when cutting the angle on his tracks.

I don't have a good miter box, so it sounds like I may invest in one... :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Do you recommend a certain way to angle your plastic grips for the ANH sabers?

@SpeedRacerx I guess you already figured it out by now, Like PoopaPapaPalps already mentioned, you can simply use a file (or knife) to cut the corners for the Luke ANH grips.

Have you pressed the Graflex together completely? When the clamp is loose there should be a little bit of play lengthwise.

I suppose he was thinking of Blast-Tech's rubber T-track which was made to fit against the body of a Graflex flash...

Some people mount T-tracks on their Vader sabers with double-sided foam tape, because it lifts the ends of the tracks over the MPP's endcap . It is not perfectly screen accurate, but it looks neater. The sides of the tape should be blackened with a marker pen first. I don't remember who here that first posted about this trick.

I put some Milliput into the grooves of some T-track I got from Roy, to adapt them to be used with thin double-sided tape on a Graflex, but it was much more difficult to do right than I thought it would be. Some thick glue would be easier.

The original tracks were used for sliding drawers in office furniture. That is why the base is mostly flat. It has been speculated that the groove was intended for a string of glue. Another theory is that it is because if you cut off a section of the fin and drive a screw through the base into the cabinet wall, then the screw might drive up some wood chips that would need some place to go.
Even though the exact type has not been found, at least six other types of plastic furniture tracks have. Some have had an almost-identical groove to the movie-used (and to Roy's) tracks. Others are flat on the bottom or have barbed protrusions to fit into grooves in the cabinet wall.

I think I and he must have referred to the lightsaber that Darth Vader's severed hand is still holding after Luke had cut it off in ROTJ. That lightsaber is definitely a resin-cast, probably of the "Barbican saber" with a couple different greeblies.

For or those of us that haven't been around too long...are there photos of all the different kinds of t track found? I've only seen the metal stuff and Marvs.

Hi Roy, love your work, and for anyone wondering about just how accurate you can reverse engineer from a photo, well Roy has a talent. When discussing the possible origin of the ANH D ring, his measurments from the toe shot photo, are almost exact to a D ring found on a Graflex camera case, which may have been the source.

As for you ESB circuit board, I am wondering if the contacts need to be more of a gold colour than copper, from the photos of the promo shot they look more gold, but that can be photography as well.

Look forward to your other products.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back