Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts

Don't hold your horses! It will take a while before those are done. And if we'll manage that successfully at all! I haven't even started to investigate them yet. Sorry!
And I know what you mean by becoming fascinated; I still don't understand what's gotten into me! I even find myself hunting the web for boots and robes now!

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

You should see my order soon then. In the meantime I'll keep looking for my clamp parts elsewhere. I hope you decide to do some new runs of parts. Your current parts turned out so well!

Chaim, you're joking right? Did you really take a picture with that piece of antique?!

Ha, ha yes I did ... I had asked Alexander, my good friend who also bought a G R A F L E X 4x5 camera lateron, to take my picture on a 4x5" black and white negative film ... so it's authentic and as genuine as can be. He even developed the film and had it scanned for me :)

I later purchased the Speed G R A F L E X with an adapted WW2 Special Surveillance Ektar Aero lens dating back to 1944 ... and shot some pictures with that too ... only not STAR WARS related :

Chaim

Last edited:

Well, I guess we can finally put that old saw away about Star Wars guys having no respect for vintage camera equipment. Looks like we'll be the only folks around who'll know what these things are much less how to operate them.

Very cool.

Thanks ... yes eventhough I got the flashgun first for Luke's conversion ... I then got very interested in the camera's themself ... heck I even purchased the book how to use them :

(Picture from ebay ... my 10th edition is almost mint in condition)

. . . + several vintage flashbulbs to pop :)

Chaim

I made two old style 'blueprints' of the LUKE ANH & the LUKE ESB saber :)
It includes some building information and it combines all the knowledge I found here.

View attachment 411440 View attachment 411441

Roy

Everything you've done is top notch! On the ESB Luke saber blueprint, you have it titled as Star Wars Episode II the Empire Strikes Back... were you making a reference to Empire being the second film at the time of its creation (as opposed to being Episode V)?

Everything you've done is top notch! On the ESB Luke saber blueprint, you have it titled as Star Wars Episode II the Empire Strikes Back... were you making a reference to Empire being the second film at the time of its creation (as opposed to being Episode V)?

Hi Mugatu,

Thanks and yes: in the original ESB blueprints from the art departments they used exactly this text box with ESB referenced as being Episode II. Probably to prevent confusion or because GL wasn't very sure about the prequels yet!

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

I made two old style 'blueprints' of the LUKE ANH & the LUKE ESB saber :)
It includes some building information and it combines all the knowledge I found here.

View attachment 411440 View attachment 411441

Roy

Hi Mugatu,

Thanks and yes: in the original ESB blueprints from the art departments they used exactly this text box with ESB referenced as being Episode II. Probably to prevent confusion or because GL wasn't very sure about the prequels yet!

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

Well, as I said, top notch work my friend. I just bought a 3 Cel Graflex Inc +Patent and I think I will be doing the Luke ESB build/conversion. I love all of your parts, so I'll likely be ordering your full ESB Luke package soon. Keep up the great work and make sure you let me know if you ever decide to design/engineer/fabricate the red buttons. I need two!

If you wait a little bit longer, I will add the option of a ESB set WITH red button. Not my own, but a Parks button that I will re-sell with the kit.The price will be good. I'm expecting to have them in stock soon. Hopefully this or next week.

Roy

If you wait a little bit longer, I will add the option of a ESB set WITH red button. Not my own, but a Parks button that I will re-sell with the kit.The price will be good. I'm expecting to have them in stock soon. Hopefully this or next week.

Roy

Excellent. Thank you. Please let me know as soon as you are able to ship them (or as soon as you have your final full ESB price with the red button).

As I said earlier in another thread ... Roy you'd better add 2 red replica buttons in a full set then, because the Parks and a vintage red button don't really mix together . . . since the Parks are to new, shiny and chromed as opposed to the naturally weathered vintage, . . . not to mention the huge difference in sharpness of the 'knurling' on the edge and side :)

Chaim

Last edited:

any tricks to weathering the new chrome? i know with brass you can let viniger vapor tarnis it, but was curious about chrome

Aren't parks buttons attached with a thin threaded rod in the center? Real buttons have the threading around the rim, and they thread into the tube. There's nothing to screw the replica buttons in to?

my mistake. some replicas are made to specs.
Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 5.30.02 PM.png Scottjua Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 5.30.19 PM.png

Last edited:

I'll wait until they're in. If they are similar to the replica in Tom's comparison pic, I'll be very happy. And I will investigate the weathering option too. Otherwise I will include the option to buy an additional second button. Thank you all for your input!

Roy

www.wannawanga.com

Aren't parks buttons attached with a thin threaded rod in the center? Real buttons have the threading around the rim, and they thread into the tube. There's nothing to screw the replica buttons in to?

my mistake. some replicas are made to specs.
View attachment 434844View attachment 434845

Parks has a replica part, that in most respects is just like the real ones. Obviously you can tell them apart if you know what you're looking at, but for function they're alike.

The custom saber shop has the thumbscrew type, and it's not really that accurate at all when you actually see one in person... to ME at least. I THINK Parks also makes a thumbscrew version, but he uses his replica button as a base.

Anyway, you can see a bigger version of my original pic, and all the replica vs. real stuff on my thread here:

http://www.therpf.com/f79/graflex-variations-facts-vs-replica-144206/

Those were YOUR comparison pics...they're on google now lol sorry.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back