Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Subscribe
  1. Sym-Cha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Messages
    5,717
    Jan 10, 2015, 7:34 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #76

    Ha,ha no worries, mate ... and this is a picture of me ... taken with a real Crown Graphic Special 4x5" camera, which came with a G R A F L E X flashgun :



    Chaim
  2. SpeedRacerx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Michigan
    Messages
    166
    Jan 10, 2015, 9:03 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #77

    Sym-Cha said: View Post
    Ha,ha no worries, mate ... and this is a picture of me ... taken with a real Crown Graphic Special 4x5" camera, which came with a G R A F L E X flashgun :

    http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...ewRepublic.jpg

    Chaim
    HaHa very nice, very meta.
  3. SpeedRacerx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Michigan
    Messages
    166
    Jan 15, 2015, 8:45 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #78

    roygilsing said: View Post
    Thanks, and yes, the MPP parts are next on the list for reproduction, like the shroud and possibly the clamp. I first have to investigate the details and possibilities (with Chaim's help!). I don't know when yet!


    Roy

    www.wannawanga.com
    My first flash arrived today! After starting this project, I've become fascinated with these old flashes. Thinking about ordering your t-tracks, but should I wait to see if you come up with any of your own plans for Vader parts?
  4. Luke the Belter's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2014
    From
    Düsseldorf - Germany
    Messages
    434
    Jan 16, 2015, 1:33 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #79

    Sym-Cha said: View Post
    Ha,ha no worries, mate ... and this is a picture of me ... taken with a real Crown Graphic Special 4x5" camera, which came with a G R A F L E X flashgun :

    http://i833.photobucket.com/albums/z...ewRepublic.jpg

    Chaim
    Great picture. And using the Graflex Speed Camera...far far greater
  5. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Messages
    845
    Jan 16, 2015, 3:20 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #80

    SpeedRacerx said: View Post
    My first flash arrived today! After starting this project, I've become fascinated with these old flashes. Thinking about ordering your t-tracks, but should I wait to see if you come up with any of your own plans for Vader parts?
    Don't hold your horses! It will take a while before those are done. And if we'll manage that successfully at all! I haven't even started to investigate them yet. Sorry!
    And I know what you mean by becoming fascinated; I still don't understand what's gotten into me! I even find myself hunting the web for boots and robes now!


    Roy

    www.wannawanga.com
  6. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Messages
    845
    Jan 16, 2015, 3:22 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #81

    Sym-Cha said: View Post
    Ha,ha no worries, mate ... and this is a picture of me ... taken with a real Crown Graphic Special 4x5" camera, which came with a G R A F L E X flashgun :

    Chaim
    Chaim, you're joking right? Did you really take a picture with that piece of antique?!


    Roy

    www.wannawanga.com
  7. SpeedRacerx's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Michigan
    Messages
    166
    Jan 16, 2015, 5:40 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #82

    roygilsing said: View Post
    Don't hold your horses! It will take a while before those are done. And if we'll manage that successfully at all! I haven't even started to investigate them yet. Sorry!
    And I know what you mean by becoming fascinated; I still don't understand what's gotten into me! I even find myself hunting the web for boots and robes now!


    Roy

    www.wannawanga.com
    You should see my order soon then. In the meantime I'll keep looking for my clamp parts elsewhere. I hope you decide to do some new runs of parts. Your current parts turned out so well!
  8. Member Since
    Sep 2003
    From
    Raleigh, NC
    Messages
    177
    Jan 26, 2015, 10:48 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #83

    Received my t-track today. Great stuff! Thanks
  9. Sym-Cha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Messages
    5,717
    Jan 27, 2015, 9:17 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #84

    roygilsing said: View Post
    Chaim, you're joking right? Did you really take a picture with that piece of antique?!
    Ha, ha yes I did ... I had asked Alexander, my good friend who also bought a G R A F L E X 4x5 camera lateron, to take my picture on a 4x5" black and white negative film ... so it's authentic and as genuine as can be. He even developed the film and had it scanned for me



    I later purchased the Speed G R A F L E X with an adapted WW2 Special Surveillance Ektar Aero lens dating back to 1944 ... and shot some pictures with that too ... only not STAR WARS related :



    Chaim
    Last edited by Sym-Cha; Jan 27, 2015 at 9:24 AM.
  10. RPF Premium Member Panaflex's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    From
    Florida
    Messages
    1,222
    Jan 27, 2015, 5:51 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #85

    Well, I guess we can finally put that old saw away about Star Wars guys having no respect for vintage camera equipment. Looks like we'll be the only folks around who'll know what these things are much less how to operate them.

    Very cool.
  11. Sym-Cha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Messages
    5,717
    Jan 27, 2015, 6:44 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #86

    Thanks ... yes eventhough I got the flashgun first for Luke's conversion ... I then got very interested in the camera's themself ... heck I even purchased the book how to use them :


    (Picture from ebay ... my 10th edition is almost mint in condition)

    . . . + several vintage flashbulbs to pop

    Chaim
  12. RPF Premium Member mugatu's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    From
    Ohio
    Messages
    1,267
    Feb 3, 2015, 3:28 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #87

    roygilsing said: View Post
    I made two old style 'blueprints' of the LUKE ANH & the LUKE ESB saber
    It includes some building information and it combines all the knowledge I found here.

    Attachment 411440 Attachment 411441

    Roy
    Everything you've done is top notch! On the ESB Luke saber blueprint, you have it titled as Star Wars Episode II the Empire Strikes Back... were you making a reference to Empire being the second film at the time of its creation (as opposed to being Episode V)?
  13. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Messages
    845
    Feb 3, 2015, 3:34 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #88

    mugatu said: View Post
    Everything you've done is top notch! On the ESB Luke saber blueprint, you have it titled as Star Wars Episode II the Empire Strikes Back... were you making a reference to Empire being the second film at the time of its creation (as opposed to being Episode V)?
    Hi Mugatu,

    Thanks and yes: in the original ESB blueprints from the art departments they used exactly this text box with ESB referenced as being Episode II. Probably to prevent confusion or because GL wasn't very sure about the prequels yet!



    Roy

    www.wannawanga.com
  14. RPF Premium Member mugatu's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    From
    Ohio
    Messages
    1,267
    Feb 3, 2015, 5:28 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #89

    roygilsing said: View Post
    I made two old style 'blueprints' of the LUKE ANH & the LUKE ESB saber
    It includes some building information and it combines all the knowledge I found here.

    Attachment 411440 Attachment 411441

    Roy
    roygilsing said: View Post
    Hi Mugatu,

    Thanks and yes: in the original ESB blueprints from the art departments they used exactly this text box with ESB referenced as being Episode II. Probably to prevent confusion or because GL wasn't very sure about the prequels yet!



    Roy

    www.wannawanga.com
    Well, as I said, top notch work my friend. I just bought a 3 Cel Graflex Inc +Patent and I think I will be doing the Luke ESB build/conversion. I love all of your parts, so I'll likely be ordering your full ESB Luke package soon. Keep up the great work and make sure you let me know if you ever decide to design/engineer/fabricate the red buttons. I need two!
  15. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Messages
    845
    Feb 3, 2015, 12:26 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #90

    If you wait a little bit longer, I will add the option of a ESB set WITH red button. Not my own, but a Parks button that I will re-sell with the kit.The price will be good. I'm expecting to have them in stock soon. Hopefully this or next week.


    Roy
  16. RPF Premium Member mugatu's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2014
    From
    Ohio
    Messages
    1,267
    Feb 3, 2015, 1:46 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #91

    roygilsing said: View Post
    If you wait a little bit longer, I will add the option of a ESB set WITH red button. Not my own, but a Parks button that I will re-sell with the kit.The price will be good. I'm expecting to have them in stock soon. Hopefully this or next week.


    Roy
    Excellent. Thank you. Please let me know as soon as you are able to ship them (or as soon as you have your final full ESB price with the red button).
  17. halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    7,931
    Feb 3, 2015, 2:36 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #92

    chaim im a few weeks late to reply, but thats a killer photo!!
  18. Sym-Cha's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2008
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Messages
    5,717
    Feb 3, 2015, 2:49 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #93

    As I said earlier in another thread ... Roy you'd better add 2 red replica buttons in a full set then, because the Parks and a vintage red button don't really mix together . . . since the Parks are to new, shiny and chromed as opposed to the naturally weathered vintage, . . . not to mention the huge difference in sharpness of the 'knurling' on the edge and side





    Chaim
    Last edited by Sym-Cha; Feb 3, 2015 at 2:55 PM.
  19. halliwax's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2013
    From
    Fairhaven, MA
    Messages
    7,931
    Feb 3, 2015, 4:10 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #94

    any tricks to weathering the new chrome? i know with brass you can let viniger vapor tarnis it, but was curious about chrome
  20. RPF Premium Member thd9791's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Messages
    4,081
    Feb 3, 2015, 4:16 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #95

    please delete
    Last edited by thd9791; Feb 3, 2015 at 9:19 PM.
  21. RPF Premium Member thd9791's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Messages
    4,081
    Feb 3, 2015, 4:20 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #96

    Aren't parks buttons attached with a thin threaded rod in the center? Real buttons have the threading around the rim, and they thread into the tube. There's nothing to screw the replica buttons in to?

    my mistake. some replicas are made to specs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 5.30.02 PM.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	386.9 KB 
ID:	434844 Scottjua Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 5.30.19 PM.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	434845
    Last edited by thd9791; Feb 4, 2015 at 12:14 PM.
  22. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2014
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Messages
    845
    Feb 3, 2015, 4:49 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #97

    I'll wait until they're in. If they are similar to the replica in Tom's comparison pic, I'll be very happy. And I will investigate the weathering option too. Otherwise I will include the option to buy an additional second button. Thank you all for your input!


    Roy

    www.wannawanga.com
  23. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2010
    From
    IA, USA
    Messages
    2,721
    Feb 3, 2015, 10:16 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #98

    I eagerly wait for when you get around to tackling Vader's MPP parts.
  24. RPF Premium Member scottjua's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2012
    From
    Plano, TX (Dallas)
    Messages
    2,313
    Feb 4, 2015, 9:44 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #99

    thd9791 said: View Post
    Aren't parks buttons attached with a thin threaded rod in the center? Real buttons have the threading around the rim, and they thread into the tube. There's nothing to screw the replica buttons in to?

    my mistake. some replicas are made to specs.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 5.30.02 PM.png 
Views:	146 
Size:	386.9 KB 
ID:	434844Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-02-03 at 5.30.19 PM.png 
Views:	69 
Size:	214.4 KB 
ID:	434845
    Parks has a replica part, that in most respects is just like the real ones. Obviously you can tell them apart if you know what you're looking at, but for function they're alike.

    The custom saber shop has the thumbscrew type, and it's not really that accurate at all when you actually see one in person... to ME at least. I THINK Parks also makes a thumbscrew version, but he uses his replica button as a base.

    Anyway, you can see a bigger version of my original pic, and all the replica vs. real stuff on my thread here:

    http://www.therpf.com/f79/graflex-va...eplica-144206/
  25. RPF Premium Member thd9791's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Messages
    4,081
    Feb 4, 2015, 12:14 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts #100

    Those were YOUR comparison pics...they're on google now lol sorry.

Similar Threads

  1. Sourcing Lightsaber Parts
    joostin, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 17, 2015, 9:22 PM
  2. Lightsaber parts needed in UK - Help please
    real_ronin677, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jan 18, 2015, 5:54 PM
  3. lightsaber parts
    jlward2, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: Mar 3, 2014, 2:58 PM
  4. Q's about lightsaber parts...
    Squall67584, Star Wars Costumes and Props
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Jan 13, 2010, 9:15 PM

Tags