Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (TFA clamp cards now available)

Thanks guys, for all the nice compliments! Great to see you have received the TFA Graflex clamp covers. I'm looking forward to see some ready TFA sabers soon! @Scott D I'm happy to supply you with some rivets. Nice collection of Graflexes you've got there! All neatly packed parts still.

Roy

Wow!! All of your pieces look amazing! Sorry if this has already been adressed, but. What do you do if you have defective batch of t tracks?

Various OT lightsaber parts (TFA clamp cards now available)

Wow!! All of your pieces look amazing! Sorry if this has already been adressed, but. What do you do if you have defective batch of t tracks?

Thanks, but I don't understand your question. Did you receive a defective set of T-tracks? Or are you asking if I have them. I never have a defective batch of T-tracks.

Thanks guys, for all the nice compliments! Great to see you have received the TFA Graflex clamp covers. I'm looking forward to see some ready TFA sabers soon! @Scott D I'm happy to supply you with some rivets. Nice collection of Graflexes you've got there! All neatly packed parts still.

Roy

Thanks, Roy. When you get some more ESB Kolbold D-Rings in stock, I'll place my next order and yes, I'd like to get some more grip rivets.

Are the grip rivets considered correct for the TFA D-Rings? I think it was being discussed in the TFA Research Thread recently.

At the rate these, fully converted, can go for right now, this picture screams "early retirement" to me.

Ha! :) I actually have one ANH and two converted ESB Graflex sabers already in display cases nearby. They are 100% Graflex parts and put together back in the early 2000's, so they're equipped with Yodashouse/Blast-Tech parts. Nothing will be for sale, though. Not in it for the money, I just have Graflex Fever. (again)

The 2 cell in the pic above and the partial 3 cell are patiently waiting on Roman's 3 cell bottom, red button and clamp. (pre-order)

If anyone is wondering if the TFA blank plates will work on a chopped down and Graflex notched DeMornay-Budd bottom, they fit with no problem.

Before

DSC04677_zpsd6oeas4o.jpg

After

DSC04678_zpszq6s2h2e.jpg

This was the rig I came up with to make my bends on the clamp covers.

DSC04679_zpsmtou9yve.jpg

Installed pictures below, and I take back what I said earlier. These clamp covers do not "Look pretty good."

They look "pretty awesome!" :thumbsup

If anyone out there is saying to themselves "Ah, I'll wait until the bugs are worked out on these before ordering," don't bother. Roy has already has these nailed, and they even have the right patina!

DSC04681_zpspibde3r0.jpg

DSC04682_zps1baliki3.jpg

Roy

Parts look amazing. The only thing keeping me from buying a kit is the clamp card. I'm hopeful you'll be able to source a translucent card so I can get a one-stop-shop of all the parts from you.

Thanks, but I don't understand your question. Did you receive a defective set of T-tracks? Or are you asking if I have them. I never have a defective batch of T-tracks.

Oh, sorry I wasn't clear, I was just curious if you sold them at a discounted price

Roy
Amazing work! I have a Romans clamp that I ruined by trying to weather it and wrecked the plating. I think your clamp cover is the answer! What happened to the vader shroud? Why did production cease? Couldn't find the info here.

Roy
Amazing work! I have a Romans clamp that I ruined by trying to weather it and wrecked the plating. I think your clamp cover is the answer! What happened to the vader shroud? Why did production cease? Couldn't find the info here.

See post #423 Basically they were the only item he had to ship in a box, which meant customs forms, long ship times etc which really ate up a lot of his time. Also very expensive to ship. I know it stinks, his shrouds are amazing, but we all totally understand.

Hi all,

Roy here, from WannaWanga.

I've taken the MPP shrouds (and DV ESB set) from the shop because of a bunch of reasons.

The most important one is that it has been a real pain in the *** to get them coated properly. At this moment I only have a few left and they're all finished badly. I have stripped and repainted some of them several times, and still they're not correct. The wrinkle paint is very hard to apply and there are many parameters that influence the quality.

Another problem is the shipping and handling. The shroud is the only part that requires shipping as a parcel (in a small box), all the rest is done by airmail. Besides the high Dutch price and long shipping times for the buyer, the Dutch post also requires me to fill out a customs document, which takes a lot of my time.

These of course are none of your problems, but it makes sales very unattractive to me.
I hope I made some people happy with the shrouds I sold, but I will not continue selling them.

One last thing: I'll be abroad for a couple of weeks, and a friend is taking care of the orders in the meantime, but won't be able to handle the shroud parcels. I'm willing to sell the poorly painted 'leftovers', but only towards the end of March.

To end with a more positive note: I am very much looking forward to sell the Graflex clamp covers for the TFA lightsaber, which will be ready end of March.

Take care!
Roy
Roy

roygilsing

I was wondering along with a few members here if you would consider making a run of 2.0/Korbanth compatible clamp covers and bottom plates ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Various OT lightsaber parts (TFA clamp cards now available)

Parts look amazing. The only thing keeping me from buying a kit is the clamp card. I'm hopeful you'll be able to source a translucent card so I can get a one-stop-shop of all the parts from you.

I'll soon have the first results with the translucent edge connector cards and of course I will show it here when I do.

I was wondering along with a few members here if you would consider making a run of 2.O/Korbanth compatible clamp covers and bottom plates ?

I don't know if the current clamp cover & bottom plate will fit, but I have someone checking it soon. I'm curious as well, but I don't own one myself.

I don't know if the current clamp cover & bottom plate will fit, but I have someone checking it soon. I'm curious as well, but I don't own one myself.

The bottom plate is a decent fit but the clamp cover doesn't really work: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253193&page=22&p=4010283&viewfull=1#post4010283
Maybe someone with the 2.0/Parks Graflex in hands could provide you with exact measurements of the clamp supplied with the kit ?

The bottom plate is a decent fit but the clamp cover doesn't really work: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=253193&page=22&p=4010283&viewfull=1#post4010283
Maybe someone with the 2.0/Parks Graflex in hands could provide you with exact measurements of the clamp supplied with the kit ?

A-ha, ok, thanks for the info.
I don't think it's easy to get the correct shape by only receiving measurements. It took me three iterations to get the cover made correctly.

But why would you apply a clamp cover if the 2.0 doesn't have a Graflex logo on it? Or is it because of the surface finish?
I'm not sure if will develop it. Making a part for another great replica doesn't really sound right! Perhaps the easiest thing is to contact Korbanth and send him the request.
Sorry to disappoint you!

A-ha, ok, thanks for the info.
I don't think it's easy to get the correct shape by only receiving measurements. It took me three iterations to get the cover made correctly.

But why would you apply a clamp cover if the 2.0 doesn't have a Graflex logo on it? Or is it because of the surface finish?
I'm not sure if will develop it. Making a part for another great replica doesn't really sound right! Perhaps the easiest thing is to contact Korbanth and send him the request.
Sorry to disappoint you!

Not at all, thanks for clearing that out ;)
Now here's hoping it's gonna work on Roman's Graflex.

I got my clamp cover and bottom plate a couple weeks ago. Very easy to install the clamp cover.
There are two divots on the cover. Is this a result of the embossing or stamping done to make the cover?

IMG_0003%202_zpsxtjzj15x.jpg

IMG_0002%203_zps5fsy7mzv.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back