Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (TFA clamp cards now available)

Ever the auction ninja, Scott. Nice score!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The shrouds off of the heilands aren't Roy quality, but they work pretty well. Unfortunately people are catching the Graflex hype and think it's the same thing as heiland. So now the prices are easily three times more now

If you made another batch of MPP shrouds in the future but left them unpainted for the buyer to paint themselves I bet you'd probably still sell out. I mean, they sell krinkle paint where I live, I could paint my own, save you the headache.

If you made another batch of MPP shrouds in the future but left them unpainted for the buyer to paint themselves I bet you'd probably still sell out. I mean, they sell krinkle paint where I live, I could paint my own, save you the headache.

That's what I'm saying! I mean, it's up to the end user to trim up the t-track; you could treat the shrouds in a similar manner. Heck, you could use an unpainted shroud to make an Anakin AOTC-style saber. It's worth considering. ;)

I have a feeling the bigger obstacle is filling out customs forms for all us knuckleheads buying shrouds. That stuff gets exhausting when you're a one-man operation with a day job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been experimenting with wrinkle paint and I got an unfinished shroud from Roy on the way. Will report my results!

It's what @veekthor says. It sounds ridiculous, but shipping a small parcel from this country outside the EU is stupidly expensive and time consuming. 2kg is the minimum wage and with tracking it'll cost more more than the shroud itself. It tried various couriers, but it's all the same.
Nonetheless, I might start it up again one day and sell them unpainted only.

Until then might I suggest offering some accurate diamond-knurled thumb screws? ;) These are to be found nowhere.

MPPESB02.jpg

Yeah, I know about them and I considered it, but I don't know if I will sell enough of those to return the investment. I will look into it. I want one too! Also the calc PCB underneath the bubbles is something I'll dive into :)

It's what @veekthor says. It sounds ridiculous, but shipping a small parcel from this country outside the EU is stupidly expensive and time consuming. 2kg is the minimum wage and with tracking it'll cost more more than the shroud itself. It tried various couriers, but it's all the same.

Ahhhhh...I need another one and thought of purchasing it next month. That is bad luck. And the spares got away so fast :cry

Your paint job on the shrouds is/was great. Unpainted shrouds wouldn't be bad. I think I would get the right look with the wrinkle paint. I have some experience with it after painting and repainting and repainting and repainting my Kobold replica until it looked right.

Man I'm bummed to hear about the shroud shipping & painting issue. The one I got from you is perfect :thumbsup, but I had no idea it was such a hassle to ship to the US. I hope you are able to work something out, because let me say - for those who don't have one - they are amazing.
Is it strange, that now that they're no longer available, I really want another one?

I ordered a non painted one a couple of weeks ago with some other vader wire, etc. Would I still get my order?

For the folks in the USA, I would be willing to paint for a fee plus shipping.

I ordered a non painted one a couple of weeks ago with some other vader wire, etc. Would I still get my order?

For the folks in the USA, I would be willing to paint for a fee plus shipping.

Yes, it's on it's way.
That could be an interesting construction. I'll think about it. Thanks.

Roy
www.wannawanga.com

Roy, it sounds like you may be pricing something incorrectly or looking in the wrong place/form when dealing with postage. I deal with a lot of people all over Europe, including the Netherlands, who ship to me as well as me shipping to them. I also deal with some companies that do freight-forwarding out of the Netherlands using TNT because it's cost effective for them.

All customs forms and labels can be automated or at the very least filled out and printed electronically. CN-22 is the UPU standard and used by every country when filling by hand, but electronic substitutes and variations exist or can be created/modified. I just verified that PostNL supplies CN-22 electronically and also offers a free web-based postage software platform. They seem to have their act together for enabling/encouraging online and small businesses, with the exception being that they don't publish an easy to access rate table like most other postal services. Should be all accessible once logged into their web shipping platform though.

All this is of course part of doing business and the product(s) and shipping prices should reflect those realities - your customers won't want you to lose money either.

Last edited:

Yeah, I know about them and I considered it, but I don't know if I will sell enough of those to return the investment. I will look into it. I want one too! Also the calc PCB underneath the bubbles is something I'll dive into :)

Would definitely be interested in this!

Too bad I missed out on picking up an unpainted one! Thanks for the reply Roy, I totally forgot to respond to your PM!

I was ready to buy an ESB vader kit, shroud and everything plus ANH luke graflex kit back in November and sent you a PM on Nov 20th about it, never got a reply :confused

Sad to see the shrouds have disappeared!
When I saw the possibility of unfinished ones, I too thought of doing an AOTC style saber with one – unfortunately missed out!
I hope something can be worked out with them in the near future! They're a great quality piece.

As long as the GRAFLEX kits are safe for the foreseeable future though, we're all good ;)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back