Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update October: MPP shrouds available)

No, i didn´t meant your reproduced straighknurled one used in the shrouds, i might want to try to make me the screenused diamondknurled brass one. ;)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available)

Hello everyone. I've known of this forum for a really long time, but only recently joined. First off, I have to say that there is a wealth of knowledge here. It's nice to know that so my people share a passion for the same movies I have loved all my life. Enough to collect "pieces of history" (or their closest approximation). It's even better to know that people have the skill to help the rest of us acquire those things. With that out of the way, I thought I might be able to add something that may help someone.

This is a picture of my Heiland Sychronar converted into a Vader ANH lightsaber. It is put together with a combination of 2 kits. One from YodaHouse and one from EDC Studios. The only part I truely liked for EDC Studios was the shroud (although I may replace it with Roy's).

The flash was in poor condition when I purchased it on eBay about 15 years ago. I found a company online and had it replated. I polished the sidebars as YodaHouse's came dull and had a "brushed" look. As for the hole on the bottom. I dug through a pile of scraps in my house and found a piece of thin sheet metal / tin. I cut a small square piece and epoxied it to the bulb socket. The bulb socket it slightly flattened and can accommodate it. I then sanded the piece of metal with 3000 grit "spongy" sandpaper and handpolished it with Meguiar's metal polish paste. I was pleased with the result. I hope that this helps someone or even gives someone an idea to improve upon it.

image.jpeg

That shroud is just fine ... EDC Studios did an excellent job and welcome by the way ... the part you may like to get from Roy however is the bulb release button which I assume is still non-apparent on your Heiland?

Chaim

Various OT lightsaber parts (update October: MPP shrouds available)

Panaflex
It was on Tuesday evening in Rotterdam, the Netherlands on a Star Wars event that I co-organized as well. It was about creative superfans. It was a big succes. I also interviewed a Dutch guy who worked on TFA at ILM! He worked on the Jakku sequences.

This was the flyer that I made myself:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1450373893.907830.jpg

The tower is located in Rotterdam :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Roy, do you have any pictures of the rubber t-track? I looked through the thread and didn't see any.

Gonna order the Luke ESB set w/rivets and I need to decide on which grip material to go with.

Roy, do you have any pictures of the rubber t-track? I looked through the thread and didn't see any.

Gonna order the Luke ESB set w/rivets and I need to decide on which grip material to go with.

Here's a picture of my rubber T-tracks:
http://wannawanga.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/P7189491-e1412244078742.jpg

But I strongly recommend to use the hard plastic ones.
The rubber tracks are hard to glue on straight and they have grooves on the surface.
The hard plastic T-tracks are very comfortabel, are easy to glue on and easy to cut & finish.

Regards,
Roy

Just ordered my Luke ANH kit from Roy (Woo!). Does anybody have a recommendation for a specific brand/type of epoxy to use on the T-Tracks (plastic)? I've read this whole thread and it's been said many times to use a 2-component epoxy, but I'd like to go with a tried and true brand. Also, for Luke's ANH ... I know that the 30 degree angles need to be cut into the ends, but do the T-Tracks come in the proper length or do they need to be trimmed as well? Also, is the grip template on Parts of Star Wars still considered accurate? Thanks Guys!

Just ordered my Luke ANH kit from Roy (Woo!). Does anybody have a recommendation for a specific brand/type of epoxy to use on the T-Tracks (plastic)? I've read this whole thread and it's been said many times to use a 2-component epoxy, but I'd like to go with a tried and true brand. Also, for Luke's ANH ... I know that the 30 degree angles need to be cut into the ends, but do the T-Tracks come in the proper length or do they need to be trimmed as well? Also, is the grip template on Parts of Star Wars still considered accurate? Thanks Guys!

Loctite seems to work just fine. There's a blueprint on Roy's site that can help you place them on the tube. Easiest way I found was to place the two tracks that "straddle" the clamp, then the one opposite them that's inline with the clamp. After that placing the other four is pretty easy.

You'll have to trim some excess length off, and then cut or file the angles ends down beforehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Roy,

Just wanted to let you know that my ESB parts arrived – so everything is coming together.
My TCSS clamp will be with me sometime next month, as it'll be picked up in the States due to crazy shipping costs.

I'll end up with a bit of a hybrid ANH/ESB as I purchased the shorter T-tracks way back when I started this project, and probably wasn't as aware of the differences in the sabers.
At this point, I've used double sided mounting tape for the T-tracks, which appears to work well. I cut the adhesive short of the end cap to try and compensate for the step, and this also allows me to unscrew the end cap if I ever needed to. Not that I will ever need to, but, I can if I want!

Part of the reason was to initially test fit everything and see it in a rough form, but it seems to be doing a sweet job, so I might not tamper with it until there's a need to.

I'm eager to get the clamp in my hands so that I can finally piece it all together properly and finish this project!

In the next few weeks I'll be ordering the Luke ANH and ESB kits in order to convert a couple of Graflex replicas – I figured "go hard or go home" with those ones!

Thanks again Roy – loving your work! :D

Hey Roy,

Just wanted to let you know that my ESB parts arrived – so everything is coming together.
My TCSS clamp will be with me sometime next month, as it'll be picked up in the States due to crazy shipping costs.

I'll end up with a bit of a hybrid ANH/ESB as I purchased the shorter T-tracks way back when I started this project, and probably wasn't as aware of the differences in the sabers.
At this point, I've used double sided mounting tape for the T-tracks, which appears to work well. I cut the adhesive short of the end cap to try and compensate for the step, and this also allows me to unscrew the end cap if I ever needed to. Not that I will ever need to, but, I can if I want!

Part of the reason was to initially test fit everything and see it in a rough form, but it seems to be doing a sweet job, so I might not tamper with it until there's a need to.

I'm eager to get the clamp in my hands so that I can finally piece it all together properly and finish this project!

In the next few weeks I'll be ordering the Luke ANH and ESB kits in order to convert a couple of Graflex replicas – I figured "go hard or go home" with those ones!

Thanks again Roy – loving your work! :D

Nice to read! Be sure to post a couple of pictures please!

Are there any new developments coming this year? Also, have you assembled your own Vader saber yet? Did I miss the post somewhere?

I posted earlier in the thread regarding the hole in the Heiland Synchronar flash. I want to post again to show you another lightsaber that I just finished. My Vader ESB lightsaber. I used a Heiland Synchronar flash, however, I used a different Heiland end cap then what came with it. I that I felt it worked better. A Yodahouse / Blastech clamp, bulb release and grips were used (had them for years and couldn't see scrapping them). The clamp lever was modified. The lever was removed. The roll pin was used in lieu of a small nail. The end of the lever bolt was ground down to a "roundish" shape. It was the sanded and polished. Roygilsing's shroud and wire set were also used. Fantastic shroud sir. The Heiland flash was sent to a replating company. All the Heiland script markings were removed and it was rechromed. This company did a fantastic job. I thought I would share some pictures.

Before:

image1.PNGimage2.PNGimage3.PNGimage4.PNGimage5.PNGimage6.PNG

After:

image1.JPGimage2.JPGimage3.JPGimage7.JPGimage8.JPGimage9.JPG

I guess I didn't mention and I've seen it discussed a lot. I used the adhesive strips found in a package of 3M Command Strips. The clear ones, not the white foamy style. I take some denatured alcohol and wipe my flash tubes (Graflex and Heiland) lightly with it. It does a nice job of removing residue that can interfere with the adhesive bond and they stick very well.

Really nice job above. Looks great. The new finish is very impressive.
Congrats.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back