Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update October: MPP shrouds available)

IMG_0387.JPGIMG_0383.JPGIMG_0385.JPG

I guess the excitement of buying tickets for Force Awakens is still with me this morning because I finally put together my Vader ESB-like lightsaber. I blogged about here if you're interested but it's basically a Heiland with Roy's shroud, a Custom Saber Shop clamp and Gino's t-track. I still need a MPP bulb release (looking at you Roy :)) and a replacement red wire because mine looks more orange than red.

I decided to leave the lever on the clamp, and my circuit board is incorrect (although cut from an EX-20) because I stupidly lost the correct piece after making my Luke ANH replica.

My saber parts bin is pretty much empty at this point so I'm looking around for my next project.

I guess the excitement of buying tickets for Force Awakens is still with me this morning because I finally put together my Vader ESB-like lightsaber. I blogged about here if you're interested but it's basically a Heiland with Roy's shroud, a Custom Saber Shop clamp and Gino's t-track. I still need a MPP bulb release (looking at you Roy :)) and a replacement red wire because mine looks more orange than red.

I decided to leave the lever on the clamp, and my circuit board is incorrect (although cut from an EX-20) because I stupidly lost the correct piece after making my Luke ANH replica.

My saber parts bin is pretty much empty at this point so I'm looking around for my next project.

Your Vader ESB looks great! Except the T-tracks of course ;)
What type of end cap did you use? Did you replace it?
And on the pictures the red doesn't look so wrong to me.
If your tracks will not stick, might I suggest to use 2 component epoxy glue.
My bulb release part is almost done. Just a few more days!

Roy

Your Vader ESB looks great! Except the T-tracks of course ;)
What type of end cap did you use? Did you replace it?

It's the HR end cap scavenged from another Heiland (I built a lightsaber broad sword for my nephew with it.), the bulb connector is consistent with the MPP so best of both worlds.

And on the pictures the red doesn't look so wrong to me.

The photo is not properly colour matched, so it looks better here. BTW brown wire is difficult to source in Australia, so I tinted grey wire with a permanent marker. It worked really well.

If your tracks will not stick, might I suggest to use 2 component epoxy glue.

I'll keep that in mind, I used Super Glue Gel last time without any problems but I used a different brand here and could not get it to adhere.

My bulb release part is almost done. Just a few more days!

Waiting patiently.

Roy[/QUOTE]

Hi guys!

http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=544858&d=1445608259&thumb=1 http://www.therpf.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=544859&d=1445608311&thumb=1

I Just want to let you know that the MPP bulb release button is now available at WannaWanga.com:
http://wannawanga.com/products/mpp-bulb-release-button/

You can also get the full Darth Vader ESB conversion kit:
http://wannawanga.com/products/darth-vader-esb-set/

Or only the electric wires set:
http://wannawanga.com/products/wires-set/

Thanks for waiting!

Roy

I don't know if I've said this yet, but Roy, I love you buddy! You're rising to be the main go-to supplier of saber replica parts. Keep up the awesome work! I look forward to sending you more and more of my money...

Now, about that MPP clamp....

Sweeeeeeeeeeet!!! Just ordered... & added a set of wires, while I was at it :thumbsup. My clamp from CSS should be here tomorrow. I can't wait to get started :D. Thanks man!

Just curious, why is there no Exactra bubble strip in the Vader kit?

Those bubbles are really nice, btw. :)

Just curious, why is there no Exactra bubble strip in the Vader kit?

Those bubbles are really nice, btw. :)

Ha! That's because the clamp that TCSS sells contains a bubble strip already (albeit not as nice, and cut slightly incorrect).

I'm going for an ANH collection so I just wanted to double check, the difference between the New Hope and Empire Vader is the ANH has the silver sidebars, the nail holding on the clamp lever, no wire, and shorter t-tracks, correct?

Ordered, just might get this one finished before heading to Germany next month.

I'm going for an ANH collection so I just wanted to double check, the difference between the New Hope and Empire Vader is the ANH has the silver sidebars, the nail holding on the clamp lever, no wire, and shorter t-tracks, correct?
The number of T-tracks differ also. While the ANH version has shorter T-tracks, there are seven of them. The longer T-tracks on the ESB saber are only six.
If you are not going for super-high anal levels of micrometre-precision accuracy then you could say that the tracks are evenly spaced where one lines up with the bulb release on one side and another one lines up with the clamp on the other side.

The silver sidebars have straight sides - the same shape as TCSS' clamp sidebars but are bare aluminium.
The black sidebars on the ESB version are angled, trapezoidal shaped. (see the Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications thread)
There is also a variation in ANH with black sidebars but that one is less known and I think that TCSS's clamp sidebars match that one but I am not sure.

Last edited:

I should be getting my clamp from CSS tomorrow. I'll post pictures tomorrow or when it arrives.

The number of T-tracks differ also. While the ANH version has shorter T-tracks, there are seven of them. The longer T-tracks on the ESB saber are only six.
If you are not going for super-high anal levels of micrometre-precision accuracy then you could say that the tracks are evenly spaced where one lines up with the bulb release on one side and another one lines up with the clamp on the other side.

The silver sidebars have straight sides - the same shape as TCSS' clamp sidebars but are bare aluminium.
The black sidebars on the ESB version are angled, trapezoidal shaped. (see the Vader MPP lightsabers details and specifications thread.
There is also a variation in ANH with black sidebars but that one is less known and I think that TCSS's clamp sidebars match that one but I am not sure.

Cool, thanks. I knew Luke's had 7 in ANH and 6 in Empire but I wasn't sure about Vader's. I checked Parts of Star Wars but he didn't mention it.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back