Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available)

I had this problem with my Heiland. The MPP bulb release's screws sit above and below the current Heiland holes. I don't think either can be used.

Tom, thanks for letting me know!
Just a question: the existing Heiland screws keep the flash innards in place. How do you solve fixating it when those screws are removed? Should the screw from the bulb release do that?

Roy

Oh balls, this is why my ESB Heiland is mirror flipped. The other side has a screw hole high enough for an MPP. You're right, the socket has to be held in - I never found a way around it, I bet someone else has though! Or....or I'm wrong and they're the same height hold on
Tom, thanks for letting me know!
Just a question: the existing Heiland screws keep the flash innards in place. How do you solve fixating it when those screws are removed? Should the screw from the bulb release do that?

Roy

Here is the button hole and the other side - that being said in not sure how my button is going up and down, was there a spring in blast techs?

Last edited:

Sorry HERE it is. I can feel the button beneath the Mylar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    842.2 KB · Views: 145
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    848.6 KB · Views: 136

This is how I converted one of my Heilands ... the bulb release is covering the brand name 'Heiland' but is attached in one of the remaining screw holes, thus sits a little lower in the shroud with a remaining 0.5 cm gap :

I just left the opening of the Heiland release button for what it is ... open :

This variation on the Vader lightsaber theme only has 4 rubber T-tracks, a plastic Blast-Tech shroud, clamp and currently a Larbel MPP endcap :

I added an extra black x-screw to the shroud to avoid it slipping off when being worn on Darth 'Ugly' Vader's costume.

Chaim

Just out of curiosity..

Is an accurate endcap out of the question?

Just out of curiosity..

Is an accurate endcap out of the question?

You're asking me?
Well, I'm afraid yes: it requires expensive tooling (for deep drawing) which would make the price ridiculously high for a small quantity (I'm talking a few hundred). And the higher the price, the less will be sold. I don't think I can work it out. And I don't see other techniques to make it; the part needs to be thin.

You're asking me?
Well, I'm afraid yes: it requires expensive tooling (for deep drawing) which would make the price ridiculously high for a small quantity (I'm talking a few hundred). And the higher the price, the less will be sold. I don't think I can work it out. And I don't see other techniques to make it; the part needs to be thin.

Ah, understood.

Just thought I'd ask since I haven't seen it brought up.

After ordering one of Roy's new MPP shrouds to upgrade my Parks MPP

then I started looking at my Vader sabers & realised that I'm gonna need a few more trips to Wannawanga :lol

my ANH only has 6 grips, my MR ESB doesn't have any grips (because I melted them) & my ROTJ needs a Kobold D-Ring

I was going to put my old Parks Shroud on my Heiland but then thought I'd make the Technical Manual Saber given that it is clearly based on a Heiland down to the 2 step shroud, Hex end cap & bulb release :lol

I actually quite like it I read this book so many times as a kid & until I joined here I just thought that was what Vader's Saber looked like

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    892.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    858.2 KB · Views: 135
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    924.7 KB · Views: 140
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    884.9 KB · Views: 136
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    738.6 KB · Views: 137
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    504.2 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    414.4 KB · Views: 139

Here is me deciding what to do about said problem above. You can't spin the guts, since the screw holes are different heights, must stay put. SO

heiland2.jpgheiland1.jpg The bulb release also can't slide into the flash in the second photo (where you would normally put it on an MPP, the space is larger than the heiland. This is why i chose the button side, first photo.

Ugh, I can't begin to tell you how I wait with great anticipation every day for the post to show up with my Roy bits-and-bobs.

Got all my bits in today and assembled everything that needed assembly! I'll post pics as soon as everything dries:D.

While I was trying different 'friction' solutions with my bubble strip I had a thought..

Would be cool to have a thin layer of some sort underneath that would not only provide extra thickness for the TCSS clamp, but would have the circuit board printed on it.

Got all my bits in today and assembled everything that needed assembly! I'll post pics as soon as everything dries:D.

I'm happy everything arrived. Was everything fine? Are you pleased?

Roy

Here is me deciding what to do about said problem above. You can't spin the guts, since the screw holes are different heights, must stay put. SO

View attachment 529452View attachment 529451 The bulb release also can't slide into the flash in the second photo (where you would normally put it on an MPP, the space is larger than the heiland. This is why i chose the button side, first photo.

If anyone is having this problem, take a look at my recent thread to see my solution:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=246731

PoopaPapaPalps I've send you an PM, I'll replace that faulty bubble strip of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

So here they are, all the parts on their respective sabers!

The V2 lever and the D-ring finally complete my Luke V2 from Starkiller's run (many thanks to Trooper_trent, once again for the clamp!).

IMG_4917.JPG

But everyone's seen that, what I'm really pleased with is how my Heiland ESB/ROTJ Vader came out. Here it is with Roy's grips, bubblestrip, shroud; Parks' clamp, Blast-tech's bulb release, and many thanks to MCM (Salame!) for sending me the right wires. No screws in the grips, however; I never liked the look of screws in the grips.

IMG_4935.JPGIMG_4918.JPGIMG_4925.JPGIMG_4947.JPGIMG_4927.JPGIMG_4942.JPGIMG_4936.JPG

It's got the wrong endcap (I honestly can't justify spending another 60 bucks to get another Heiland just to cannibalize an endcap), circuit board, and janked up bubblestrip but I can live with it right now. Below you can see some of "ghosting" left over in my trying to fill the airbubbles they had with some clear epoxy resin.

IMG_4939.JPGIMG_4940.JPG

Regardless, I'm happy with my little OT family!

IMG_4964.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

very fine collection you got there!

That is a nice little family indeed. I've got my Roman Obi Wan. My Vader Heiland will be done as soon as Roy's shroud and grips arrive. Still have to put my Luke V2 together (as soon as I get my Ghostbusters projects finished). Anxiously waiting Romans Graflex run.

If mine turn out half as nice as yours PoopaPopaPals then I will be a happy guy. Nice work.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back