Subscribe
  1. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    Aug 29, 2015, 1:13 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #251

Tell me about it! I've been looking at options up and down on trying to somewhat conceal it.
    From
    Westchester, NY
    Aug 29, 2015, 10:34 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #252

Are you referring to the hole with the 'flap'?

Roy would it be anything difficult to create a 'cap' for this hole that would curve and sit flush to plug up the hole?
    Last edited by RexKramer; Aug 30, 2015 at 10:31 PM.
    Aug 31, 2015, 1:47 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #253

So lemme just throw this out there:

I'm a noobie to the game (but longtime dreamer). I just got my first Graflex yesterday and I'm so *STOKED* to dive in and make it happen. But I am a little nervous. I'm only going to get one shot at this thing and I don't want to screw it up.

Roy... Roy, Roy, Roy... dude, you made it so easy. Between your tutorial and the pieces on your site... I think the only thing I had to dig for was an extra Graflex red button (Ebay... $16... BOOM!).

Thank you so much from the guy on the edge of the lightsaber-making pool nervous about dipping my toes in. I've got the tutorial. I've got all the pieces. I guess the only thing I have left to do is jump in.
  4. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Rotterdam, the Netherlands
    Aug 31, 2015, 1:58 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #254

DorkDaddy said: View Post
    So lemme just throw this out there:

I'm a noobie to the game (but longtime dreamer). I just got my first Graflex yesterday and I'm so *STOKED* to dive in and make it happen. But I am a little nervous. I'm only going to get one shot at this thing and I don't want to screw it up.

Roy... Roy, Roy, Roy... dude, you made it so easy. Between your tutorial and the pieces on your site... I think the only thing I had to dig for was an extra Graflex red button (Ebay... $16... BOOM!).

Thank you so much from the guy on the edge of the lightsaber-making pool nervous about dipping my toes in. I've got the tutorial. I've got all the pieces. I guess the only thing I have left to do is jump in.
    NICE! CONGRATS. Good for you!
    TOO EASY? Maybe
    Enjoy your build and make it your own; not two sabers are the same.

Roy
    From
    Düsseldorf - Germany
    Sep 4, 2015, 9:00 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #255

Roy your MPP shroud looks great.
    Couldn't help but had to order one just 5 minutes ago.

Great work
  6. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Sep 4, 2015, 10:55 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #256

RexKramer said: View Post
    Are you referring to the hole with the 'flap'?

Roy would it be anything difficult to create a 'cap' for this hole that would curve and sit flush to plug up the hole?
    I only just now saw your message. Sorry for the delay.
    Are we talking about the big hole on the bottom? It says 'remote' on my Heiland and then the third hole above that. It sits right below the shroud and when the hilt is dangling on your DV costume's belt it's right into view. That hole? I don't think a plug will improve anything. Maybe a piece of glossy mylar tape?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7212.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	336.0 KB 
ID:	524410
    From
    Westchester, NY
    Sep 4, 2015, 11:46 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #257

Here's another one for you..

Are there any specifics for the bulb button planned?

I was wondering if you were going to make use of the screw hole and screw from the original Heiland button?
  8. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Sep 4, 2015, 11:59 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #258

Here's another one for you..

Are there any specifics for the bulb button planned?

I was wondering if you were going to make use of the screw hole and screw from the original Heiland button?
    Yes, that one is next on the list. It'll be a vacuum cast resin part with an aluminium pull button (buttons non functioning).
    I haven't checked it yet, but I do think that the existing screw hole can be used.
  9. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    Sep 8, 2015, 1:57 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #259

roygilsing said: View Post
    I only just now saw your message. Sorry for the delay.
    Are we talking about the big hole on the bottom? It says 'remote' on my Heiland and then the third hole above that. It sits right below the shroud and when the hilt is dangling on your DV costume's belt it's right into view. That hole? I don't think a plug will improve anything. Maybe a piece of glossy mylar tape?

Name:	IMG_7212.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	336.0 KB 
ID:	524410
    Got inspired by this to go looking for local alternatives for my Heiland. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a source for mylar tape locally and had to resort to foil tape. The color's a bit off but it's a decent alternative; in some lights and angles, it almost disappears completely.
    From
    Buffalo, New York, United States
    Sep 14, 2015, 10:20 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #260

Yes, that one is next on the list. It'll be a vacuum cast resin part with an aluminium pull button (buttons non functioning).
    I haven't checked it yet, but I do think that the existing screw hole can be used.

I had this problem with my Heiland. The MPP bulb release's screws sit above and below the current Heiland holes. I don't think either can be used.
  11. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Sep 15, 2015, 6:25 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #261

thd9791 said: View Post
    I had this problem with my Heiland. The MPP bulb release's screws sit above and below the current Heiland holes. I don't think either can be used.
    Tom, thanks for letting me know!
    Just a question: the existing Heiland screws keep the flash innards in place. How do you solve fixating it when those screws are removed? Should the screw from the bulb release do that?

Roy
    From
    Sep 15, 2015, 7:30 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #262

Oh balls, this is why my ESB Heiland is mirror flipped. The other side has a screw hole high enough for an MPP. You're right, the socket has to be held in - I never found a way around it, I bet someone else has though! Or....or I'm wrong and they're the same height hold on
    Tom, thanks for letting me know!
    Just a question: the existing Heiland screws keep the flash innards in place. How do you solve fixating it when those screws are removed? Should the screw from the bulb release do that?

Roy
    From
    Sep 15, 2015, 7:35 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #263

Here is the button hole and the other side - that being said in not sure how my button is going up and down, was there a spring in blast techs?
    Last edited by thd9791; Sep 15, 2015 at 7:41 AM.
    From
    Sep 15, 2015, 7:44 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #264

Sorry HERE it is. I can feel the button beneath the Mylar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	528854   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	31 
Size:	1.19 MB 
ID:	528855  
    From
    Groningen, Netherlands
    Sep 15, 2015, 8:14 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #265

This is how I converted one of my Heilands ... the bulb release is covering the brand name 'Heiland' but is attached in one of the remaining screw holes, thus sits a little lower in the shroud with a remaining 0.5 cm gap :

I just left the opening of the Heiland release button for what it is ... open :

This variation on the Vader lightsaber theme only has 4 rubber T-tracks, a plastic Blast-Tech shroud, clamp and currently a Larbel MPP endcap :

I added an extra black x-screw to the shroud to avoid it slipping off when being worn on Darth 'Ugly' Vader's costume.

Chaim
    From
    Westchester, NY
    Sep 15, 2015, 9:22 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #266

Just out of curiosity..

Is an accurate endcap out of the question?
  17. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Sep 15, 2015, 10:33 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #267

Just out of curiosity..

Is an accurate endcap out of the question?
    You're asking me?
    Well, I'm afraid yes: it requires expensive tooling (for deep drawing) which would make the price ridiculously high for a small quantity (I'm talking a few hundred). And the higher the price, the less will be sold. I don't think I can work it out. And I don't see other techniques to make it; the part needs to be thin.
    From
    Westchester, NY
    Sep 15, 2015, 11:36 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #268

You're asking me?
    Well, I'm afraid yes: it requires expensive tooling (for deep drawing) which would make the price ridiculously high for a small quantity (I'm talking a few hundred). And the higher the price, the less will be sold. I don't think I can work it out. And I don't see other techniques to make it; the part needs to be thin.

Ah, understood.

Just thought I'd ask since I haven't seen it brought up.
    From
    Jericho, UK
    Sep 15, 2015, 4:59 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #269

After ordering one of Roy's new MPP shrouds to upgrade my Parks MPP

then I started looking at my Vader sabers & realised that I'm gonna need a few more trips to Wannawanga

my ANH only has 6 grips, my MR ESB doesn't have any grips (because I melted them) & my ROTJ needs a Kobold D-Ring

I was going to put my old Parks Shroud on my Heiland but then thought I'd make the Technical Manual Saber given that it is clearly based on a Heiland down to the 2 step shroud, Hex end cap & bulb release

I actually quite like it I read this book so many times as a kid & until I joined here I just thought that was what Vader's Saber looked like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	39 
Size:	414.4 KB 
ID:	529067   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	28 
Size:	504.2 KB 
ID:	529068   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	738.6 KB 
ID:	529069  

Views:	34 
Size:	884.9 KB 
ID:	529070   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	38 
Size:	924.7 KB 
ID:	529071   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	28 
Size:	858.2 KB 
ID:	529072  

Views:	27 
Size:	892.3 KB 
ID:	529073  
    From
    Sep 16, 2015, 2:41 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #270

Here is me deciding what to do about said problem above. You can't spin the guts, since the screw holes are different heights, must stay put. SO

Name:	heiland2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	529452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heiland1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	529451 The bulb release also can't slide into the flash in the second photo (where you would normally put it on an MPP, the space is larger than the heiland. This is why i chose the button side, first photo.
  21. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    Sep 16, 2015, 3:47 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #271

Ugh, I can't begin to tell you how I wait with great anticipation every day for the post to show up with my Roy bits-and-bobs.
  22. Mystery Chunk RPF Premium Member PoopaPapaPalps's Avatar
    From
    IA, USA
    Sep 17, 2015, 10:09 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #272

Got all my bits in today and assembled everything that needed assembly! I'll post pics as soon as everything dries.
    From
    Westchester, NY
    Sep 17, 2015, 10:20 PM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #273

While I was trying different 'friction' solutions with my bubble strip I had a thought..

Would be cool to have a thin layer of some sort underneath that would not only provide extra thickness for the TCSS clamp, but would have the circuit board printed on it.
  24. RPF Premium Member roygilsing's Avatar
    From
    Sep 18, 2015, 5:47 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #274

PoopaPapaPalps said: View Post
    Got all my bits in today and assembled everything that needed assembly! I'll post pics as soon as everything dries.
    I'm happy everything arrived. Was everything fine? Are you pleased?

Roy
    From
    Michigan
    Sep 18, 2015, 6:41 AM - Re: Various OT lightsaber parts (update page 8: luke ROTJ v2 lever available) #275

thd9791 said: View Post
    Here is me deciding what to do about said problem above. You can't spin the guts, since the screw holes are different heights, must stay put. SO

Name:	heiland2.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	529452Click image for larger version. 

Name:	heiland1.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	529451 The bulb release also can't slide into the flash in the second photo (where you would normally put it on an MPP, the space is larger than the heiland. This is why i chose the button side, first photo.
    If anyone is having this problem, take a look at my recent thread to see my solution:

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=246731