Various OT lightsaber WannaWanga parts (new ALU MPP shroud)

Re: Various OT lightsaber parts

Could you post a picture of your own ... curious to see that MPP replica clamp :)

Chaim

Just got my MPP clamp from TCSS in today. The parts are slowly coming together; all I need now is that shroud, Roy!:D

I just came back from holidays and I'll be working on it soon. Just figuring out the best material and method for production. I will post an update as soon as I've got any news.

Could you post a picture of your own ... curious to see that MPP replica clamp :)

Chaim

It's actually very good. Never having a real MPP (other than measurements and info put here), I can't with authority make any claims as to how accurate it is. It's solid metal, and the plastic sleeve is pretty good, the worst thing about it is the bubble strip but I'll replacing that with Roy's soon enough.

Pics as requested (though hastily shot and in natural light).

003.JPG002 (2).JPG001.JPG004.JPG

Last edited:

Was looking at my Heiland flash and its inaccurate endcap, and it got me wondering: since you're working on a shroud, is it possible to make an MPP-style endcap, too, so the Heiland looks that much more like the MPP?

Roy and I have discussed this ... but the thin metal endcap and the extra black screwy part inside are to intricate and quite difficult at the moment to replicate so we decided to concentrate on the shroud first which is more important ... there is however a more accurate round Heiland endcap ... not hexagonal if that's what you're having?

Chaim

Roy and I have discussed this ... but the thin metal endcap and the extra black screwy part inside are to intricate and quite difficult at the moment to replicate so we decided to concentrate on the shroud first which is more important ... there is however a more accurate round Heiland endcap ... not hexagonal if that's what you're having?

Chaim

Yeah, mine came with a hexagonal endcap without any "threading" that circles around it. The only redeeming thing about is the the little screwy thing at the bottom that the MPP has. I was thinking this was a decent trade off, but the more I think about it, the more I go back and forth on the idea. I'd rather not spend another 60 bucks just for and endcap though.:wacko

*** for tat, I know.

The most accurate Heiland endcaps are a thick knurled one, with a thin threaded section, and a hexagonal one, with the screw-y thing at the bottom that also has a thin threaded section. (most hexagons have the thicker smooth section for threads)

heiland1.jpg
OAGHs.png
heiland3.jpg
Took these from Google images, no clue who they're from. They both have some part of the MPP endocarp. The hexagon one lacks the knurling/has the wrong profile but has the threaded mount on the bottom. Some are black. The knurled one has more correct edging but has the stupid Heiland logo on the bottom!

MPP endcap.
17276394522_eb77b9679a.jpg

I've got the one on the left in the image of the two and I'm back and forth on it. Do I want the threaded mount or do I want the knurling/threaded sides? I was just seeing my options. I was hoping I could score the one with the knurling on the 'Bay and just mash the two together, cutting the threaded mount out and of one and putting in the other, but then that'd leave me with one other flashtube with another ruined endcap. Rather not go through that.:p

Off topic, but who had also problems to fix plastic T-tracks onto a Heiland or MPP? Because of the wider Diameter of the endcap compared to the middle body of the flash. I wonder if rubber tracks would have worked better here......:popcorn

I would suggest adding some extra material like black faux leather inside the glue channel to highten the T-tracks a bit to be flush with the end cap ... or you could sand some of the end of the T-track that needs to cover the endcap as Master Replicas used to do. Personally instead of using epoxy glue I'd experiment with some transparent double sided glue tape, the kind one uses to hang a mirror on the wall or some other bathroom equipment, it has a height of about 0.5 mm which might be just enough otherwise add some piece twice to get 1 mm in height, which should suffice, according to the package they should have a strong hold, so no grips should fall of by themself :)

Chaim

Good idea! Thanks Chaim. I've also used double-sided tape all the time for my grips. I already have doubled it, I probably have to add a 3rd or 4th layer and remove the tape beneath the cap. So I could also remove the endcap if necessary. :thumbsup Problem solved.

What brand/kind of double sided tape do you guys usually use? Does it run the risk of falling off or the glue failing over the years?

Hi everybody,

The Luke ROTJ v2 clamp levers are ready! With pleasure I present them here:

View attachment 500848 View attachment 500849 View attachment 500850

They fit a Graflex clamp perfectly. The lever comes with nickel plated brass lever, stainless steel screw, back-plate and nut, but it can also be screwed in the original Graflex bracket-nut. If you prefer a weathered look, it's up to you to weather it yourself :lol

Price: $35
Worldwide shipping is free.

I take orders right now at WannaWanga.com:
http://wannawanga.com/products/luke-rotj-v2-clamp-lever/

(Graflex clamp not included)

check this thread for the story behind them: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=238654

Last edited:

Off topic, but who had also problems to fix plastic T-tracks onto a Heiland or MPP? Because of the wider Diameter of the endcap compared to the middle body of the flash. I wonder if rubber tracks would have worked better here......:popcorn
Superglue gell will work use a small dab only. Nothing extra nor modifying needed.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back