Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

Yeah, they're not deep on FineMolds either, but the same depth as the greebled part.....my new wall will move back about 3 mil
J

Thanks for the comments guys,....spacebob,.....I dont think I'll do any mods to the Jawboxes,....they look ok to me,.....perhaps a bit too high towards the centre of the ship,.....

Does anyone know what part this is sourced from?
Part.jpg

Toying with removing the few 5 foot parts

Thanks again
John

J

There are some details on the HSMF behind the engine vents that aren't on the 32" SS model as well, I'm chopping them out now.
I'm going to post some comp shots on the first thread this weekend so we can nail the easily changed little differences that may get forgotten about before everyone goes too far :)
Also I'm realizing that all of the sidewalls are to shallow. When the shapeways bits are added (if you are going that route) they will be way too proud.

There are some details on the HSMF behind the engine vents that aren't on the 32" SS model as well, I'm chopping them out now.
I'm going to post some comp shots on the first thread this weekend so we can nail the easily changed little differences that may get forgotten about before everyone goes too far :)
Also I'm realizing that all of the sidewalls are to shallow. When the shapeways bits are added (if you are going that route) they will be way too proud.

Nice one spacebob,.....yeah I'm pushing the sidewalls into the mandibles (see post 36),.....but I'm not gonna use the shapeways parts, also removing some of those details may leave a large gap on the details of the deck as the spacing of all the greeblies doesn't match exactly the filming model,.....there's parts I might move but not remove

I'm not gonna make this ship a replica of the 32" ship (the same way I haven't made my MPC Falcon a replica of the 5 foot), I'm trying to make it look, at a glance, identifyable as one or the other....well hopefully

New to this kind of thing... What exactly is the tie wing for?

Well on another thread JMChladek posted that he discovered that the Revell TIE Fighter (the large one) has the same pattern on its wings & the same scale that the Hero Falcon could use for the 6 engine vent covers on the rear deck,......so rather than distroying the model I made a mould

ILM used a material called Koolshade for both models

J

Last edited:
The long triangular part is from the Airfix Belfast. The larger rectangular part is from a Tamiya 1/12 F1 car (anyone confirm which?) and the curved part underneath is the fender from a Tamiya 1/35 M41 Walker Bulldog tank. What you can't see in this image is the small rectanguler part from Tamiya's 1/35 SU-122 that is on the other side of the M41 fender.

Thanks for the comments guys,....spacebob,.....I dont think I'll do any mods to the Jawboxes,....they look ok to me,.....perhaps a bit too high towards the centre of the ship,.....

Does anyone know what part this is sourced from?
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/32inch Millennium Falcon/Part.jpg

Toying with removing the few 5 foot parts

Thanks again
John

J

Nice one spacebob,.....yeah I'm pushing the sidewalls into the mandibles (see post 36),.....but I'm not gonna use the shapeways parts, also removing some of those details may leave a large gap on the details of the deck as the spacing of all the greeblies doesn't match exactly the filming model,.....there's parts I might move but not remove

I'm not gonna make this ship a replica of the 32" ship (the same way I haven't made my MPC Falcon a replica of the 5 foot), I'm trying to make it look, at a glance, identifyable as one or the other....well hopefully

Well on another thread JMChladek posted that he discovered that the Revell TIE Fighter (the large one) has the same pattern on its wings & the same scale that the Hero Falcon could use for the 6 engine vent covers on the rear deck,......so rather than distroying the model I made a mould

ILM used a material called Koolshade for both models

J

Any chance you'll be selling the vent covers? :)

Thanks Junk Pilot,.....I might scratch build them....dunno......could be hard to get the right scale

I got a cheap Sherman to make this part:
ScreenShot2014-10-23at221212_zps6e19e002.png

khitomer, we'll work something out:D

J

20141115_222510.jpg
Another option you could go is using the vents from the Legacy BMF battery cover. They are both 33mm from comparison measurements. I picked one up from eBay and plan on using the dremmel to cut them out. I guess you could cast the centre part; the battery cover koolshade detailing is quite crisp :)

Attachments

• 20141115_222528.jpg
    20141115_222528.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 443
Looks like the 1:72 Dragon and Airfix Shermans (MK1, crab, and with LCM variations) are all promising. Airfix is definitely the cheaper option to go but the Dragon kits are always moulded superbly.

Kinda answered my own question but just throwing the info out for anyone who's interested!!

Looks like the 1:72 Dragon and Airfix Shermans (MK1, crab, and with LCM variations) are all promising. Airfix is definitely the cheaper option to go but the Dragon kits are always moulded superbly.

Kinda answered my own question but just throwing the info out for anyone who's interested!!

Yeah HH, just got the Airfix Crab Sherman for £5,.....gonna mould & cast for the back of that detail.......I actually bought the Sherman for a part in the wheel/track which is missing from Vader's TIE in MPC & Revell.....& also that BIG Revell TIE......so the £5 was well spent

J

Yeah HH, just got the Airfix Crab Sherman for £5,.....gonna mould & cast for the back of that detail.......I actually bought the Sherman for a part in the wheel/track which is missing from Vader's TIE in MPC & Revell.....& also that BIG Revell TIE......so the £5 was well spent

J

Yea I noticed a lot of useful SW parts in the Airfix sprues! I'm going to pick one up myself

Hey guys, here's where I'm at:

The cast turned out dead on:
IMG_1382.jpg

IMG_1383.jpg

Getting them to fit in....& at the right depth was a pain,......I'll have to cut small rings to place over them (in white in picture) as I had to destroy the ones on the toy/kit
IMG_1384.jpg

...not glued yet,...just pushed in for photo:
IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

.......hmmm......dunno??
might order the BMF battery cover like what Shingouki28 suggested & just remove the whole unit

J

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back