Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

Just as a piece of information - I tried Rustoleum automotive primer on the inside of mine and it worked pretty well... tape was not taking it off. I even scratched it with my fingernail and while it left a mark in the primer it did not release form the plastic.

in case it helps someone else :)

Jedi Dade

Just as a piece of information - I tried Rustoleum automotive primer on the inside of mine and it worked pretty well... tape was not taking it off. I even scratched it with my fingernail and while it left a mark in the primer it did not release form the plastic.

in case it helps someone else :)

Jedi Dade

Good info Jedi Dade!!!

Thanks for sharing!

What happened?.....did it peel off?
I've been doing a bit of painting also:

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1342.jpg

I cut the lower half of the cockpit tube & attached it to the rest of it
IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

IMG_1345.jpg

I've got the Revell TIE in silicone so hopefully it will mould alright

Thanks for looking
John

Last edited:
These conversions are coming along so well. I can't wait to get back home and hack into mine. Even just opening up the cockpit does wonders for the look of this. Hasbro have been hit and miss on many things lately but apart form the plastic used in this this is definitely a winner for modelers. Just not for the kids who want to play with it.

How much did the Hycote spray cost you John? Can't find it locally and online seems very expensive? Also what glue are you using?

Just a heads up

JB Weld doesn't really "glue" things together. I hardens. You can sand it down to smooth corners but it unless it is into a groove, if you twist the attached sites they will pop away.

I've cut away the side-wall, It looks to me, because it was designed to have a sticker applied, to be not as deep into the mandible as I'd like.
Attaching greeblies to this wall would in turn make the details too prominent, unlike the pre-greeblied section beside it.

As usual the plastic is easilly cut & removed:

IMG_1349.jpg

I've also removed some of the details on the Jawbox

Thanks again for looking
John

Very brave and inspiring!!! :thumbsup
(reminds me of when i cut out the dash board on my delorean)

I've cut away the side-wall, It looks to me, because it was designed to have a sticker applied, to be not as deep into the mandible as I'd like.
Attaching greeblies to this wall would in turn make the details too prominent, unlike the pre-greeblied section beside it.

As usual the plastic is easilly cut & removed:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/IMG_1349.jpg

I've also removed some of the details on the Jawbox

Thanks again for looking
John

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back