Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

I haven't done anything on this since April,...Loads of workwork in May......then kids off over the summer,....Bandai kits tempting me......Workwork again in September,......overload!!

There have been enquiries for parts & I feel like I've let people down,....It really is hard to get back onto something,...I know that if I push myself, I'll get consumed by it again...

......so yes, if anyone needs any of the parts I can cast them,......but I need to get my mojo back

J
I hear ya. I was supposed to have two months off in the summer. But I got a promotion and went back to work early.

So now I have my own office, all my modeling stuff there, a pile of bandai kits.....AND I'M TOO BUSY TO BUILD ANYTHING. uploadfromtaptalk1445034201138.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Congrats on your promotion astroboy

,....these damn Bandai kits are too distracting:D

J
Thanks.

But the best part of my old job was that I stage managed a lot of orchestra and opera performances. So there was tons of time to sit backstage working on this stuff

Hi there. Just read through this thread...awesome!! Are there any updates? I bought 2 of these modes and cant wait to detail them having seen this.

Well I've got back to my Finemolds kit,....experimenting on that scale with paint,...so I'd say it won't be long till I'm back on this one

Thanks for the comment

John

Hi Jaitea,
Great to know you will be back on this one.. was this thread which inspired me to get one HHMF and try to do something like yours.
Of course my expertise is not even close to yours ;)
Great Technic ;)

Cant wait to see updates!

MB.

Well I've got back to my Finemolds kit,....experimenting on that scale with paint,...so I'd say it won't be long till I'm back on this one

Thanks for the comment

John

J,
i recently started to convert/upgrade a Hasbro Falcon of my own.
ive read this entire thread and learned quite a bit.
You are quite talented and I really enjoyed the mold work you've done.
Would you be so kind as to tell us about your molding process and what materials you've used to create these parts?
As everyone else here on this thread I am very curious to see your continued progress on what has already been a joy to witness!
Thank you for sharing your work with us. :D

J,
i recently started to convert/upgrade a Hasbro Falcon of my own.
ive read this entire thread and learned quite a bit.
You are quite talented and I really enjoyed the mold work you've done.
Would you be so kind as to tell us about your molding process and what materials you've used to create these parts?
As everyone else here on this thread I am very curious to see your continued progress on what has already been a joy to witness!
Thank you for sharing your work with us. :D

Thanks asmaticandroid,...thats some compliment

The parts are mainly tank parts,...I was trying to make the parts as close to the 32" as possible & was also trying to make the parts I was doing easily moulded & castable....

I use silicone to do the moulds & odourless resin,....I'll have a look & see if I can find the website

But as you can see in my last few posts,....I changed direction,.....I'm just going to go my own direction rather than being trapped by trying to duplicate the parts,...mainly because I want to see this bird done & making & casting turned into a job,...

Heres some modes to the cockpit walkway,.....its a bit rough,....clean up still to do

IMG_3937_zpsiv76oljc.jpg

IMG_3937_zpsiv76oljc.jpg

& working out the engine nozzles:

IMG_3933_zpsumvc3jdi.jpg

IMG_3932_zpsxrorxoi6.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Thanks Gus......but I'm going to go my own way & detail the pits a little differently

Remember all that time ago when guys were making nice frames for the interior of their Falcons,....& I said no.....I didnt think I'd need one......well......when I started chopping more bits off this bird,....she started flapping about like a real feathered bird,.....so I got some of my favourite stuff,.....Foamalux.....& started cutting & supergluing

So a quick look at where I am......the engines are now glued into the interior structure:
IMG_3953_zpsqkrpqedi.jpg

IMG_3954_zpsa5t8yjyi.jpg

A view from above with the pits removed....some other parts fell off also....oops:
IMG_3957_zpsxnqfwfin.jpg

The 2 rear side walls slot in:
IMG_3955_zps9r89dx1i.jpg

Top off:
IMG_3958_zpssoh6fr4w.jpg

IMG_3959_zpshsfznspt.jpg

IMG_3960_zpseksbwjvq.jpg

IMG_3961_zpsaajidzmt.jpg

Space for lighting:
IMG_3962_zps9vbyiz8r.jpg

Gonna work on the pits in here:
IMG_3963_zpsaq6cxgat.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

What a great solution for the interior structure! I'm still chipping away for my MF and seeing this made me wish I thought of something like this. I'm trying to make mine "miniature filming ready" out of spools of wire and some piping.

Really can't wait to see how this is gonna turn out.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back