Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon Modification

I've taken some pics of the weathering effect (using dry brushed stamp pad ink). I've not done too much, just exaggerated where the more vertical surfaces would catch quite a bit of debris but the more horizontal surfaces just get a slight blown over look. I also mentioned on another furum that I'd made casts of the inner jaw surfaces using airdry modelling clay. I will make better ones but I've included a pic to show the detail which is hidden in the recesses.
]
Yy2e24456_zpso75kccy3.jpg

Yy2e24458_zpszjdfdgmc.jpg

Yy2e24464_zpsxay86wg8.jpg

Yy2e24465_zpsxvowkavh.jpg

Yy2e24466_zpsukklue4q.jpg

Yy2e24472_zpsbpguv94w.jpg

Yy2e24473_zps3q39qwbv.jpg

Yy2e24478_zpsdmce8g7h.jpg

Yy2e24484_zpswwqvvkkz.jpg

Its generally looking good. The rear exhaust smoky effect looks nice. There is too much "brushed" marks in the other ones so I would re try them. You have an airbrush?

I've taken some pics of the weathering effect (using dry brushed stamp pad ink). I've not done too much, just exaggerated where the more vertical surfaces would catch quite a bit of debris but the more horizontal surfaces just get a slight blown over look. I also mentioned on another furum that I'd made casts of the inner jaw surfaces using airdry modelling clay. I will make better ones but I've included a pic to show the detail which is hidden in the recesses.

A solid start and I especially like your base colors.

Take care not to work too dark too quickly because while it might seem right at the moment (when most of the surface is unweathered) once its all done, the overall effect can appear too heavy. Also try and keep the weathering in scale with the Falcon itself and try not have marks that in reality would be a foot wide if you were to see it on a 1:1 scale.

Lastly, your exhaust ports look great but your carbon buildup is on the outer edges of the ports whereas the staining should emirate from within the exhausts themselves - and run backwards from there.

23_jpg.jpg

If you don't have an airbrush thats no problem, use pastels, chalk and a traditional paintbrush instead, that way you will achieve the subtle feathered look you're chasing.

Great journey and cheers for sharing. I look forward to seeing your progress going forward.

Regards

MARK

Excellent tips by KramStaar. I use mostly airbrush and for my Falcon (MPC) I went with India Ink (diluted) to create some "smoky" effects around the wells.

20150227_164536 by nenekinkin, on Flickr

The splatteing is intentional trying to copy some of the techniques used by ILM on the real props...just for fun.

Mark, thanks for the comment about the carbon build up from the exhaust ports. I do have an airbrush so I'll use that to blend over the existing ink but add a very slighty darker colour from the ports themselves.

Pastel is always great to work with (Q-tips are a + for those effects) I'm using make-up powder (look into your girlfriend/wife stash) as well as a make-up brush. Big one for the big surfaces and small one for the little details.:)

Cracking paint job & mods Flektor

OK,.....while I'm waiting for my 1/48 Chewie that is with the Bandai AT-ST,....I picked up a wee resin pilot figure in 1/48 for a fiver (£5)

Still a bit more to carve off,....his goggles carve up to make nice centre parting hairstyle
IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

This paper scan of the DeAgostini cockpit insert (reduced by 10%) as a test
IMG_1676.jpg

_12.jpg

Hopefully the Chewie figure works out proportionally to the pilot

John

Thanks Randy13, MJ.....(glad you're here mate),..& joberg

I've tidied the Han pilot a bit.....

Han%202.jpg

Han.jpg

The Bandai AT-ST arrived & this is the Chewie figure that came with it,....Im hopefully going to mould it & modify the cast to make him seated

Chewie.jpg

I've been busy reworking the 2 open areas,.....thing is when I started these I was just trying to improve the open areas that were on the Hasbro Falcon,....using parts similar that was on the 32".......now I'm going back and refining the details,......I'm not going 100%,....because I don't have all the original parts,....but I'm trying to make it closer to the 32" using whats in my parts box

open%20ares%202b.jpg

Open%20area%202a.jpg

Just re-started on this one:

open%20area.jpg

Thanks for looking

John

Ah your work is always immaculate John!
Also I forgot to tell you but there's a little end credit/thank you to you at the end of my MPC upgrade instruction booklets, I can email you a PDF if you like :)

Ah your work is always immaculate John!
Also I forgot to tell you but there's a little end credit/thank you to you at the end of my MPC upgrade instruction booklets, I can email you a PDF if you like :)

Thanks HH,...no need for that, but i am interested in seeing the artwork

Impressive....Most impressive......

Thank you gyoung

Han is getting there for sure...and that box is looking spiffy:cool

thanks joberg a couple more wee bits to do to him

Nice work J, those box details are very sweet indeed :)

How does Chewie scale to new improved Han?
Thanks sb, the Han & Chewie look in scale with each other,.....its hard to judge with the 2 of them, but if you put Han beside one of the AT-ST drivers, it puts me at ease

Han%20amp%20Chewie.jpg

Han%20amp%20AT-ST%20Driver.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/open ares 2b.jpg

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/Open area 2a.jpg

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k637/jaiteastu/Hasbro Hero Millennium Falcon/open area.jpg

Which tank kit is that, it looks remarkably good ? I now don't know if I want to redo my clay cast of the Hasbro jaws or scratchbuild some like yours. I like the way Chewie has to stoop to get into the cockpit :lol

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back