Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation (Post-release)

Vivek

Master Member
Tom Cruise Hangs from a Plane 5,000 Feet in the Air on the Set of MISSION: IMPOSSIBLE 5

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ft-hangs-horizontal-outside-moving-plane.html

After the first one Mission: Impossible movie, Ghost Protocol was my favourite one. Edge of Tomorrow was one among the good entertaining films of this year, which sadly underperformed.

People on their high horses will continue to badmouth Cruise for reasons which apparently at times have nothing to do with his movies.

We moan about too much CGI in movies, while he is adding realism to scenes by actually hanging out from a plane at 5000 feet in the air. Granted there are safety harnesses, still it's a daring stunt. The guy is obviously a thrill seeker, but at the same time he is dedicated to his acting and his action roles for entertaining the audience, which is commendable everytime.

Last edited:
Re: Mission: Impossible 5

Say what you want about his personal life, he's hella dedicated to his craft. Can't wait!

Bah just aping Nolan's Dark Knight.

If Tom wants to impress he needs to do the highly awaited AND anticipated" Les Grossman says Eff you"!

Cruise has never phoned in a performance in his career, and he performs much of his own stuntwork. Collateral is a great example of his dedication to the character, he trained with law enforcement using live ammo for the role and it shows on screen, he's not wincing or blinking when firing the blanks and that rubs off on the audience, he looks like a trained killer and it makes the movie more beliveable.

I couldn't care less what he does with his private life and if the entertainment industry shared that opinion the world would be a better place.

Smart move on their part. Hopefully production values don't suffer because of it with any effects work being done.

Also, any studio trying to get a film out this year better avoid December like the plague. NO MOVIE will compete with Star Wars when that arrives.

Tom Cruise is one of my all time favorite actor, he is certainly one of the best in the business. I love his character of Ethan Hunt and seen all his spy movies, desperately waiting for hte fifth one. Surely it will break all the record of Mission Impossible franchise. Godluck Tom!!

I couldn't care less what he does with his private life and if the entertainment industry shared that opinion the world would be a better place.
I feel the same way with Mel Gibson. Made some mistakes in his personal life, but is a great actor.

Also, any studio trying to get a film out this year better avoid December like the plague. NO MOVIE will compete with Star Wars when that arrives.

The industry cleared their calendars in early summer of 1999 too, for Ep#1. But the effect wasn't quite what they expected. People had a good time at the movie (JarJar aside) and they wanted to go back for more.

The movies which appealed to totally different demographics than SW did fine at the time it opened, too. That audience had limited options with so many movies being pushed away so the remaining ones did well.

It's always a bad idea to open the same weekend as SW. But even just a week or two later is probably much safer.

MissionImpossible5%20Small_zpso4bha4cw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Before anyone says anything, I'm only here to express my opinion because hey, that's what I took from this trailer and it's just my opinion dangit. There is nothing to feed here because I'm not interested in arguing.

*inhales*
*exhales*

Of course the only team member from the previous movie who doesn't return for this movie is Jane. You'd think they deliberately made her out to be the least interesting member just so they could drop her without anyone caring. Also bravo on introducing the new female character as a bada** fighter in one moment and a complete chicken in another.

Besides that, always good to see Ving again.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back