Finishing my Star Lord helmet :)

And now you will want to check over the helmet to make sure the silver is all good and shiny and all the inks are dry then use a clear coat, a few light coats.. I used a satin finish so its not a super shiny helmet. Add some magnets and foam..elastic strap and you good to go :)

I don't suppose you have any photos of where you installed the magnets and what size they are (3mm, 5mm)? Any info on the affixing of the elastic would be great as well :)

I think my helmet has arrived so going to get started on it asap, this info will help me finish it when the time comes :)

I don't have any pics of that. Next time I finish one I will take some pics. I use 1/4" round magnets from a local place here.
I don't suppose you have any photos of where you installed the magnets and what size they are (3mm, 5mm)? Any info on the affixing of the elastic would be great as well :)

I think my helmet has arrived so going to get started on it asap, this info will help me finish it when the time comes :)

- - - Updated - - -

I do have pic of a finished one I sent out last week though :)

2015-07-15 04.56.53.jpg2015-07-15 04.57.09.jpg

Thanks!! That photo is perfect! I will order up the magnets and see if I can figure out the best location for them, out of curiosity how many did you guys use? 2 sets on each side roughly top and bottom?

Ok great, thanks! I just collected the helmet and it looks fantastic! I see you made amendments to the new mold (small holes on side detail) it's a flawless pull and can't wait to get started on it! Like right now!!! [emoji38]

I noticed a lot of folks are turning the helmet into two pieces. Is this because of the size of the helmet?

I noticed a lot of folks are turning the helmet into two pieces. Is this because of the size of the helmet?

The ones TheRocketeer and I sell were designed in 2 pieces. The one piece helmets have to cut out details around the chin area so you can fit it on your head...

Yep these are built as 2 piece helmets...the thread is for our helmet so no need to bring up those other ones :p lol
And some bad phone pics of the latest one I did up :)
2015-07-15 04.57.09.jpg2015-07-15 04.56.53.jpg2015-07-15 04.57.48.jpg

[

It comes in 2 pieces

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If you're referring to Star-Lord helmets in general, the screen used helmets were two pieces, just as this one is separated

The ones TheRocketeer and I sell were designed in 2 pieces. The one piece helmets have to cut out details around the chin area so you can fit it on your head...

I was just curious seeing some split, some not. For what it's worth, I think discussing the difference in helmets shows confidence that you have the best bucket out there. Just my two cents.

I was just curious seeing some split, some not. For what it's worth, I think discussing the difference in helmets shows confidence that you have the best bucket out there. Just my two cents.
I don't think anyone could get them over their head unless it was a 2-piece.
It's like that so it's easy to get on/off. Unlike a rubber cowl, these won't stretch to fit.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back