Revenge Of The Cybermen Vogan Gun

nathanalaneller

At the moment I'm trying to make the Vogan Gun from the Doctor Who Episode "Revenge Of The Cybermen".I found the gun was made from a L-5-Federa-Gas-Riot-Gun 37mm.So far, Iv made an outline of the gun out off a couple pieces of plywood.The grided image of the gun, two boxes equal 1 1/2 inches.I'm making the target out of two old wire hangers.(Thought in mind. "NO WIRE HANGERS!")I plan on putting a toy cap gun inside.I don't know how to make a replica of a gun, especially out of PVC pipe & wood.Anyone know were I can get any tips, or a site on making gun replicas.

Attachments

• Vogun Gun 01.jpg
    Vogun Gun 01.jpg
    199.6 KB · Views: 220
  • federal2.jpg
    federal2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 200
  • Gas-Riot-Gun scale grid.jpg
    Gas-Riot-Gun scale grid.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 170
Ruffly made gun cross hairs out of wire hangers & the plywood cut outs.Anyone know how to bend wire accurately?

Attachments

• Vogan Gun 01.JPG
    Vogan Gun 01.JPG
    199.2 KB · Views: 92
  • Vogan Gun 02.JPG
    Vogan Gun 02.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 104
  • Vogan Gun 03.JPG
    Vogan Gun 03.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 89
  • Vogan Gun 04.JPG
    Vogan Gun 04.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Vogan Gun 05.JPG
    Vogan Gun 05.JPG
    223 KB · Views: 96
  • Vogan Gun 06.JPG
    Vogan Gun 06.JPG
    199.1 KB · Views: 86
In regards to making the gun parts I would go to YouTube and search for a guy called Bill Doran he is a member here too but he's done videos on how he made some his replica guns from MDF and one from foam. Some good tips and hints there that mite help you. Look forward to seeing your finished prop.

The best way to bend wire accurately is to make a form to bend it around. It also helps if you start out with a perfectly strait section of wire. Barring that, you'll need to straiten whatever wire you use as much as possible. Roll it on a flat surface to see how strait it is. This can be a big headache, but it makes all the difference in the world.

this is the cap gun Im going to use.
DSCI0199.JPG

Im having truble wer to put it. If i put the cap chamber in the front were the barel is, the triger will have to be modifide. if i put it were it is now i have to ether take the cap chambe out & atatch it to the swinging part of the barrel or I'll have to open the barel & the cap chamber where its bolted now.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back