Léon: The Professional

I have been searching for this case without any luck. Sure, I've found some early 1900's hat boxes, trunks, and cases that kind of look like Leon's gun case, but nothing that has all of the details on one item. Some will have the leather tabs found (on the corners of) the lid, most will not. Some will have the correct leather handle and correctly shaped retainers, but it will be mounted on the front, or on the sides, in case of a trunk. Most have the wrong latch, or a latch that is just slightly off. I am beginning to think that this case is a custom piece done for the film, like Adam mentioned earlier. One that has elements from various cases (and/or bags) of what looks like an English Edwardian Era canvas/leather hat box, whose front was made to fold down, like many French Picnic Cases/Hampers of that era. Moynat made one that comes readily to mind (Pictured in link below).

http://www.globalblue.com/discover/products/moynat-picnic-hamper/

I greet everyone after a long absence. Unfortunately, a lot of other work. Not always as exciting as building replicas.
I think, however, return to Leon's box, maybe on vacation. I gathered some new experiences, information and materials.
I bought a new veneer (artificial leather) and stronger adhesives.
Greet all of you cordially, a modeler of arms from Poland :)
Mr-Bad (CSM-101) :)

All my holydays I was make polish tank (pre war) 7TP . Tank is making from... styrofoam... :)

05aa440a2d4at.jpg
a6e662d11d1et.jpg

55e1062476b5t.jpg

21c00378ef8ct.jpg

0ce8f7548342t.jpg
b8300cdfead9t.jpg

fb5d173a770ft.jpg

e942835b626at.jpg

Hey guys, reviving a bit this thread as I am in a middle of a Mathilda cosplay, but I was wondering, do you believe the case is fully brown? From the screencaps it seems to be a black canvas with leather brown edges? What are you thoughts on it?

Hey guys, reviving a bit this thread as I am in a middle of a Mathilda cosplay, but I was wondering, do you believe the case is fully brown? From the screencaps it seems to be a black canvas with leather brown edges? What are you thoughts on it?
Hi Emma,

I do - my impression of it is that the main body is dark brown. Always happy to be proven wrong on prop details, of course!

Hi Emma,

I do - my impression of it is that the main body is dark brown. Always happy to be proven wrong on prop details, of course!
Yeah, I believe it is a really dark brown... It's been tough to find something remotely close, I have seen quite a few trunks that have the layout all at the right place, but are either too big or not the right shape!

I don't know if that'd interest anyone but this is what I have done so far for my Mathilda's cosplay. I have designed the graphics for the shorts and a friend made it for me, I also designed the logo and turned it into a patch. I have worked on the necklace too, and I am awaiting a pair of boots ( not quite accurate, so will need some work!)

131369157_319217962495007_3626014539152533565_n.jpg

I also kinda started a collection, so here are some pics. I have designed the milk carton from scratch, and made the keyfob and reservation slips!
Glasses are from @Magnoli!

131138982_3619444144802275_4472686856889536483_n.jpg
131669018_3619444314802258_2878765279260297726_n.jpg

131339427_3619444158135607_4978789293477024868_n.jpg

Yeah, I believe it is a really dark brown... It's been tough to find something remotely close, I have seen quite a few trunks that have the layout all at the right place, but are either too big or not the right shape!

I don't know if that'd interest anyone but this is what I have done so far for my Mathilda's cosplay. I have designed the graphics for the shorts and a friend made it for me, I also designed the logo and turned it into a patch. I have worked on the necklace too, and I am awaiting a pair of boots ( not quite accurate, so will need some work!)

View attachment 1378309

I also kinda started a collection, so here are some pics. I have designed the milk carton from scratch, and made the keyfob and reservation slips!

View attachment 1378312 View attachment 1378311

View attachment 1378310
That's a great collection and cosplay outfit. I'm making a sculpture of Mathilda and Leon and could never get a good picture of the logo on her shorts. Could you please post a clearer pic of your Logo.

View attachment 1378309

View attachment 1378312 View attachment 1378311

View attachment 1378310
Epic Emma! Are the shades Magnoli's replicas? I've been on the fence spending the money on an authentic pair. They're always hovering around $500 on ebay.

That's a great collection and cosplay outfit. I'm making a sculpture of Mathilda and Leon and could never get a good picture of the logo on her shorts. Could you please post a clearer pic of your Logo.

I hate being that person but I would like to keep the exclusivity of my logo as it took me a lot of work to figure this out. But if that's of any help, I have managed to identify the wording as being "Cross Colours". Funnily enough, this brand was very popular in the 90s in the USA, however the logo itself looked nothing like what Mathilda has on her shorts. So I am wondering if it was a knock off they have found, or if it was something that was made by the brand VERY early on and found randomly on a shelf.

Epic Emma! Are the shades Magnoli's replicas? I've been on the fence spending the money on an authentic pair. They're always hovering around $500 on ebay.
Seriously, Magnoli sunglasses are VERY nice, I am very happy with this purchase, and they do feel very sturdy! If you don't have $500 to spend on sunglasses, I'd definitely go with Magnolis!

Last edited:
I hate being that person but I would like to keep the exclusivity of my logo as it took me a lot of work to figure this out. But if that's of any help, I have managed to identify the wording as being "Cross Colours". Funnily enough, this brand was very popular in the 90s in the USA, however the logo itself looked nothing like what Mathilda has on her shorts. So I am wondering if it was a knock off they have found, or if it was something that was made by the brand VERY early one and found randomly on a shelf.

Seriously, Magnoli sunglasses are VERY nice, I am very happy with this purchase, and they do feel very sturdy! If you don't have $500 to spend on sunglasses, I'd definitely go with Magnolis!
No problem, I totally understand. Just knowing what it says helps me out lots.

No problem, I totally understand. Just knowing what it says helps me out lots.
No worries, here’s a closer look of my design if you wish to make your own x
02A7EDFC-1549-411D-8E94-83C048BDAED6.jpeg

Also may I add it was very difficult to find a similar pattern for her crochet cardigan haha, that zig zag pattern isn't very common! On top of being cropped!

Last edited:
Magnoli's glasses are always well-done - and it's worth noting that the closest authentic ones to ever come up on eBay are the amber or yellow translucent frames, where the screen-worn glasses (like Magnoli's replica) are clear. The difference in price might be worth it to some if the authentic ones perfectly matched the film...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back