Avengers: Infinity War (Pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War

I would prefer Thanos have his whole getup on including the helmet, but I understand saving that for the final fight.

Oh My God! Oh My God! Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!Oh My God!

At least marvel waited until justice league had been out a few weeks before dropping the trailer.

More like waiting for Thor to be out for a while, so as to not spoil as many on Thor's eyepatch and Loki having the Tesseract.

So, watching it... love how they do Peter's Spider-Sense. Hate Widow's blonde hair. I'm guessing it was dyed from another movie she was in and they couldn't dye it back? Her skin tone doesn't match it, it makes it look obviously dyed.

Loki has the Tesseract, that confirms my suspicions from Thor (it was pretty much obvious, but not confirmed). We see in the trailer that Thanos has Purple (last seen on Xandar in safekeeping of Nova Corps) and acquires Blue (not sure if Loki gives it to him or he forcibly takes it). SOMEONE uses the Chitauri scepter to get Yellow from Vision, I couldn't make out who. Thanos taking Purple may be why GotG are in a position to find Thor (assuming they were chasing him, and that his ship was the one who found the Asgardian ship at the end of Thor). Red is still MIA (unsure if the Collector regained it after his place was destroyed), Green is still with Strange, and Orange is unknown.

Ahh, screw it, I'm starting a new threat like I've been planning to for a while!

Maybe it was because he didn't have his helmet. Don't know.

Is this latest incarnation closer to his comic look?

He's seen a fair amount without his helmet in the mid to late 2000s cosmic marvel stuff, like Annihilation and the DnA Guardians

He's seen a fair amount without his helmet in the mid to late 2000s cosmic marvel stuff, like Annihilation and the DnA Guardians

yeah, sometimes it's when he's in some kind of self imposed exile recovering from the last attempt to destroy the multiverse, recovering from death or undo all of time type thing. LOL
My beef is I prefer they did something with his eyes closer to the comics..
Perhaps once he has all the stones they will do this to show his power has leveled up greatly.

Hate Widow's blonde hair. I'm guessing it was dyed from another movie she was in and they couldn't dye it back? Her skin tone doesn't match it, it makes it look obviously dyed.

Yeah, I don't like ScarJo as a blonde but her hair wasn't dyed blonde as much as it was undyed from red because ScarJo is naturally a blonde.

I think this is a very smart first trailer for this film.

It didn't have much information that we didn't already know otherwise they would have peaked the hype too early (e.g. BvS) which could have resulted in people being hype-fatigued by opening night. Also, too much hype now risks overshadowing Black Panther. They should start gradual-hype building after BP is released.

The accumulated cache assures an audience so Marvel doesn't really need to pique fan curiosity at all. That's also an advantage BvS had (simply due to the intrinsic stature of their IP) but didn't seem to appreciate. BvS should have been very sparse with their early ads IMO - in fact, I think they could have gotten away with doing only teasers up until the last month.

Marvel knows their IP very well.

This was a good trailer.

Last edited:

Aaaand they changed details on the gauntlet again, lol.

I liked the more purple skin tone and glowing eyes of Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy. But he still looks pretty damn cool. More realistic.

Spiderman looks sick!

Was that Starlord's new mask I saw in the intro or just an artists rendering?

JKg75WQ.jpg

Last edited:

Okay, I'm dead.

Literally NOTHING in this trailer sticks out to me as "eh, sure, okay" if you know what I mean. Most trailers do have that for me. Something I'm really excited for us that Thanos isn't a "creepy" psychological, or relatable villain, unlike most current movie villains. He's a straight up thug.

Isn't that the same intro that's at the start of all the movies? I'd say artists rendering, unless you saw a live action shot of it.

Aaaand they changed details on the gauntlet again, lol.

I liked the more purple skin tone and glowing eyes of Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy. But he still looks pretty damn cool. More realistic.

Spiderman looks sick!

https://i.imgur.com/JKg75WQ.jpg

That was from concept art. It’s been shown like that in the new Marvel movie intros

YES!!!! "Who the hell are you guys????" Hah! Yes, yes, yes!

That trailer was darn near perfect as far as I'm concerned. No wonky looking early CG. Not too much info given away. That is how it's done.

And did I see Rhodey back in action flying in that one group shot of everyone coming toward the camera?

This is the first time I am legit scared that some of my favorites won't survive a fight! I'm straight up terrified I'm going to witness the murder of Captain America, you guys.

Chris Evans has been amazing as Cap and I will cry literal buckets if he gets taken out...

This is the first time I am legit scared that some of my favorites won't survive a fight! I'm straight up terrified I'm going to witness the murder of Captain America, you guys.

Chris Evans has been amazing as Cap and I will cry literal buckets if he gets taken out...

This.

One of the many brilliant things about this Marvel universe is just how right the casting of the characters has been. They literally are such a great bunch of actors , you can tell when they get together they have such a strong fun working relationship on set and off and really, knowing that there are going to be some that don't make it is going to be tough to take. I rewatch most of the Marvel films on a rolling basis once a year, and this is going to be like losing family!!!

Me too.

I feel like its it's going to happen, though...what better way to establish Thanos as the ULTIMATE bad guy than to have him show up and kill Cap straight away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back