Avengers: Infinity War (Pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War

All I have to say is that this looks absolutely EPIC and that I don't plan on visiting this thread again or reading anything else about it until 4/27.

Oof, that ending with Cap brought the feels. The way Thanos' eyes react like, "Damn, this guy didn't instantly break in half!" Can't wait.

Last edited:

Maybe some Vibranium is involved.

I'm glad they didn't give us too much. It was just enough.

I wonder how Cap is stopping Thanos' hand ... maybe a Dr. Strange spell disguised the Hulk as Cap for ... reasons?
(If you actually know the answer please don't tell me).

giphy.gif

I don’t know if there’s any truth to this but I heard some of the actors have been letting spoilers slip during interviews. I’m going on complete news shutdown from here until release and now I’m avoiding interviews, too. I just thought I’d share the warning.

The more I think about it, the more I think Thanos will kill Hulk in this film.
If they want to establish Thanos as a credible threat that's on a completely different tier from the Ronan/Loki mold, one of the best ways to do that is have Thanos drop the Avengers' biggest gun right off the bat. If Thanos goes toe-to-toe with Banner and kills him at the start of the movie, then the entire rest of the story will have the audiences wondering "how are the Avengers going to survive, let alone win?" which is something a lot of MCU movies have lacked.

Last edited:

If they want to establish Thanos as a credible threat that's on a completely different tier from the Ronan/Loki mold, one of the best ways to do that is have Thanos drop the Avengers' biggest gun right off the bat. If Thanos goes toe-to-toe with Banner and kills him at the start of the movie, then the entire rest of the story will have the audiences wondering "how are the Avengers going to survive, let alone win?" which is something a lot of MCU movies have lacked.

That's a good point but the Hulk/Banner is in the Hulkbuater Armor in Wakanda. It was already said that the Wakanda scene is at the end of the movie. Thanos might kill him, but it'll be at the end if anything.

I see your point but that would really mess up the MCU overall. I can't recall the specifics, but largely, the Hulk was never able to be defeated, and that was his "thing" in the comics. If anything, the Hulk would be Thanos's biggest threat if he didn't have the infinity stones at his disposal.

People forget that Thanos is still a mortal being, albeit one who's undergone genetic alterations/training, but still is no less susceptible to being killed than someone like Cap or Black Panther. He's just really big and really strong and is augmented by the infinity stones when he has them. The unfortunate thing for Thanos is that the Hulk's strength increases the angrier the Hulk gets, which theoretically could be near limitless- Not the case for Thanos without the infinity stones.

I see your point but that would really mess up the MCU overall. I can't recall the specifics, but largely, the Hulk was never able to be defeated, and that was his "thing" in the comics. If anything, the Hulk would be Thanos's biggest threat if he didn't have the infinity stones at his disposal.

People forget that Thanos is still a mortal being, albeit one who's undergone genetic alterations/training, but still is no less susceptible to being killed than someone like Cap or Black Panther. He's just really big and really strong and is augmented by the infinity stones when he has them. The unfortunate thing for Thanos is that the Hulk's strength increases the angrier the Hulk gets, which theoretically could be near limitless- Not the case for Thanos without the infinity stones.

Good points, and theoretically, Hulk should always win do to his infinite anger, excluding the Infinity Stones, of course. I just think it would be a bad ass way for the films to showcase that Thanos is not like any other villian or threat the Avengers, or any other hero has had to face.
Thanos Defeats Hulk.jpeg
Om my God....I am such a nerd!:lol

I found this video giving out the chronological order of the MCU. Seems like a fairly accurate order. Thoughts? I was thinking about actually trying this, although can't do Captain Marvel yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Actually, he's immortal. That's the whole point of his unrequited love for Death -- he will never know her embrace. But immortal doesn't mean invincible, which is what you might mean...
Not to technically be THAT guy, but Thanos isnt immortal. He was killed, and was then resurrected by Death to restore balance to the universe. Hence his quest for the infinity gems. At least thats why he does it in the comics. He tries to win her over, but she spurns him.

Thanos is an Eternal. He's effectively immortal.

I guess when I think of immortal, I think "not being able to die" as opposed to not aging. He was also banned from the realm of Death, so I guess he is truly immortal.

Good points, and theoretically, Hulk should always win do to his infinite anger, excluding the Infinity Stones, of course. I just think it would be a bad ass way for the films to showcase that Thanos is not like any other villian or threat the Avengers, or any other hero has had to face.
View attachment 803719
Om my God....I am such a nerd!:lol

Didn't Ruffalo and Fiege mention Thor Ragnarok was the start of a "trilogy" for Hulk's storyline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back