Avengers: Infinity War (Pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War

And then whoever is left of the Avengers will write their own accords at the end of the movie

Where do some one of y’all live? South central LA? In my entire life of watching movies I’ve only had 2 bad experiences with disturbing audience members. Come out to the pinnacle in Knoxville TN LAspecter... no kids or cell phones. Ushers keep all the BS in check. The world headquarters of regal cinemas is right down the road from me... that may be the difference?

Ugh, I'm pretty much done with the theater experience. I guess I'll be back to this thread after the blu-ray comes out.

I think it was Guardians 1 we were watching, we had a group of about 6 teen girls in the row in front of us, that were being obnoxious. On their phones, talking, throwing things. I had to actually get up and say something to them during the movie. They calmed down after that. That was my only real bad experience. After the movie another person came up to me and said thanks for saying something.

I was slowly getting more and more livid. My wife saw me. My breathing started getting heavier, I started fidgeting alot, until I finally said something.

Just saw the film at a press screening, and without giving anything away, all I will say is "Wow!"
Easily the best of the three Avengers movies.

Terry

T-18h for me, super duper excited, except it’s 2am here and I’m sick as a dog. I swear to god I better get back on my feet before then, or I’m going to be pissed !

Initial impressions seemed pretty strong.

I normally spoil films for myself...it's just what I do...but for this I'm going to be avoiding that at all costs!!

I just need to know if Strange survives, mostly because, and this sounds weak but, my will to finish the costume kind of hinges on that. I will finish it regardless, but to know he won't be back just makes me go 'well I missed the boat on that...'

I guess I'll go and see it Saturday or something. If available here.

I just need to know if Strange survives, mostly because, and this sounds weak but, my will to finish the costume kind of hinges on that. I will finish it regardless, but to know he won't be back just makes me go 'well I missed the boat on that...'

I guess I'll go and see it Saturday or something. If available here.

My feeling on this is that the statements Cumberbatch made are just misdirection. Strange has just been introduced into the MCU, no way they would kill him off immediately. I could see Cap or Iron Man biting it. In fact I would really like to see Cap sacrifice himself to save Stark. That would be a really cool way to tie up the conflict between them that started in Civil War. That kind of mentality is what Cap is about. He has made comments in multiple movies about putting your life on the line to save the guy next to you.

Back to characters not making it, there are a lot of smaller characters that could go. Rhodey, Barton, Falcon, Mantis, and Nebula are a few characters that I think are expendable.

Yeah that's the thing. He's done that before. I'm seeing it on Saturday. Fingers crossed. It'd be a waste to kill him off already.

Oh for sure, it would definitely be a waste. Cap is one of those characters that I never cared about in the comics, but I really like Chris Evan's MCU version. That character has been awesome in the movies. I find myself identifying with him very strongly. So I don't want to see him go. But if a major character has to go...

I can just imagine a really cool scene where Tony is about to be killed by Thanos and Steve jumps in and takes the killing blow.

Saw of 12 hours ago and going again in 3... what a great piece of art ! Expect the unexpected thats al i have to say. And make sure you buy your next tickets already... there is so mutch to see. CGI is way beyond planet of the apes or avatar...

Yeah I think that would be an "expected" review from a reviewer who is not a fan. We all know that there are a lot of heroes and a lot of action to go down. True fans should not be surprised by this. I am not looking for an insightful well thought out story. We all know the story, Thanos wants the gems, our heroes want to stop him from getting them. Bring on the action!

So good to hear such a highly anticipated movie is delivering the goods. Nothing before has EVER had this kind of build up of films prior,
or ever will again I think is a safe bet.

How odd it feels to me sometimes thinking back that characters like Thanos spoken about only in the comic shop are now big stars and in the best way.
Never did I think such things would ever exist on film, and yet here they are.

I saw the movie a few days ago and to be honest I wasn't impressed at all.I'm sure it's just me being critical,but I found it to be significantly different from previous movies.Didn't see this coming.
I found it strange that two Avengers with superpowers couldn't handle the two supervillains during their battle in London,yet Black Widow and Captain America were able to defeat them almost with ease.Massive battle in Wakanda didn't add quality to the movie

Last edited:
I saw the movie a few days ago and to be honest I wasn't impressed at all.I'm sure it's just me being critical,but I found it to be significantly different from previous movies.Didn't see this coming.
I found it strange that two Avengers with superpowers couldn't handle the two supervillains during their battle in London,yet Black Widow and Captain America were able to defeat them almost with ease.Massive battle in Wakanda didn't add quality to the movie

Just out of curiosity, are you saying you weren't impressed because it was significantly different from the previous movies? One of the countless number of reasons I loved it was because it was so different and bold.

As for the rest of your post:

It was likely because Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive took Wanda and Vision by surprise and severely damaged Vision immediately. Wanda, even though she is incredibly powerful, was more concerned with keeping Vision alive. It was also practically 2 vs 1, since Vision was so damaged. When Cap, Widow, and Falcon show up, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive were then outnumbered. Cap, who DOES have superpowers, surfaces as a distraction while Widow and Falcon appear with the element of surprise. It makes complete sense to me why they able to defeat them so easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back