Avengers: Infinity War (Pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War

I’ve always thought that Cap was a tragic story. I mean he was always a man out of his own time and nearly all of his loved ones have passed. I feel like he always has to have a mission because without one, he feels he has no purpose. I kind always had the feeling he wished he would have died when he sacrificed himself all those years ago.

But I wish they would just age him like in the comics so he has to retire.

Could be, but I say let him go. There is not much story left to tell for his character. I would rather see him go, and have Bucky carry the mantle on.

I'm sure some writer somewhere could come up with another good Cap story. They could also just start putting him in the other character movies like RDJ.

Serious talk about a Black Widow movie. He worked well with her in Winter Soldier.

S.W.O.R.D. could happen...anti-alien version of Shield and Marvel is getting Cosmic. Captain Marvel is bringing in the Kree.

Fox buyout could also open up a TON of new avenues.

She's also not listed as part of the cast for IW. She might get a cameo/tease at the end, leading into Avengers 4, where she'll certainly be playing a big role, after we've found out more about her in her standalone, but I really don't want to speculate on who's doing what yet, as far as resolution goes.

The Russos accidentally let it slip in an Entertainment Tonight piece that she makes an appearance in IW.

Thanos has the soul stone

http://wegotthiscovered.com/movies/avengers-infinity-war-trailer-reveals-soul-stone/

Thanos-with-Infinity-Gauntlet.jpg

Last edited:

That's them speculating again, and making the same interpretation I spoke to here a page ago. That's the Mind Stone on his pinky. The one Vision has and that we see in earlier trailers getting unpleasantly removed. We'll find out in two weeks, though, which is correct.

James Gunn repeated recently on Twitter that the Soul Stone is not with Adam (but I hadn't even assumed that would be so), and further that Adam now only may or may not be in GOTG3, depending on the ongoing evolution of the macro-story being woven. I was only ever about 95% sure that was the Soul Stone on Adam's birth pod four years ago (in-universe) in GOTG2, but if it was, that's still plenty of time for it to now be elsewhere. If that wasn't it, then it has yet to be revealed. But the thing that was in Loki's scepter, that got cracked out and used to finish Vision, and ends up on Thanos' pinky... is the Mind Stone.

I feel like if the Soul Stone even shows up in IW, it'll be at the very end as a cliffhanger.

--Jonah

The Mind Stone is orange. Per the screen grabs I posted over in the Marvel Legends thread regarding the same issue. But, like I said, we'll find out in two weeks which of us is right. *shrug*

Cumberbatch is teasing that he might not survive, despite Strange only just having been introduced. Now he's also the only one on the recent press tour in Asia who's read the entire script. I'm rather skeptical of this as he was also the one who said 'I'm not playing Khan' in Star Trek when he did. He's been marvel's 'secret keeper' on that tour. However, he's not listed for the Avengers sequel (but that's IMDB and can be inaccurate...), nor is a sequel to Doctor Strange planned for the next phase. Well it was confirmed and they even revealed the possible villain, but there's no release date.

I'm honestly wondering if this is a risky marketing tactic as he goes forwards in time and sees all possible outcomes in which one of them he might die. But Strange is such a big part of the comics, and has such importance, that it'd be such a waste for him to die already.

What do you guys think?

Cumberbatch is teasing that he might not survive, despite Strange only just having been introduced. Now he's also the only one on the recent press tour in Asia who's read the entire script. I'm rather skeptical of this as he was also the one who said 'I'm not playing Khan' in Star Trek when he did. He's been marvel's 'secret keeper' on that tour. However, he's not listed for the Avengers sequel (but that's IMDB and can be inaccurate...), nor is a sequel to Doctor Strange planned for the next phase. Well it was confirmed and they even revealed the possible villain, but there's no release date.

I'm honestly wondering if this is a risky marketing tactic as he goes forwards in time and sees all possible outcomes in which one of them he might die. But Strange is such a big part of the comics, and has such importance, that it'd be such a waste for him to die already.

What do you guys think?

When did Cumberbatch say he read the whole script? I was under the impression that none of the cast had done so. Not even RDJ.

In a Fan event, not sure if it was the one in London, or one of the many in South Korea and Singapore. But it was with Tom Holland, Tom Hiddleston and I keep forgetting her name, she plays Mantis. There was a question about who read the entire script, and everyone pointed at Benedict, who raised his hand. Saying he needed to read it all to 'keep up with everything that is going on'

Ugh, I'm pretty much done with the theater experience. I guess I'll be back to this thread after the blu-ray comes out.

What about the Sokovia Accords? Will the UN try to stop the Avengers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back