Avengers: Infinity War (Pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War

Umm yes! Why couldnt these come out when I was a kid, just thinking about all the toys!

Glad to hear the Russos got the nod, been rumored for months. Nothing against Whedon, I like what both directors bring to the table, they have different strengths and qualities to their works. I'm really excited to see the Russos take on Civil War, which'll be a good indicator on how well they can juggle all the characters being assembled for Avengers 3.

I just rewatched TWS yesterday. I think it might be better than A1.

TWS is certainly one of the best Marvel movies made, but there are still three huge thorns that drives me crazy. Bringing ALL of SHIELD down was stupid. When SHIELD worked, it saved the world. And since Earth now has to deal with technologically advanced alien threats, those new helicarriers would have been invaluable. But no, Steve had to be an absolutist which means every single thing had to go. You know what you could have used against all those Ultron drones? Three heavily armed Helicarriers that can shoot at small targets 3,000 miles away. And.... You know what, I'm just going to put this in spoilers since it annoys the crap out of everyone.

I didn't like how Black Widow was a constant source of punishment from everything and everyone. Being berated, manhandled and openly mistrusted by Cap even after the events of The Avengers with an added dose of being knocked out more than once is not a highlight. Come on, Cap. Quit thinking that everything is a bad idea because no one told you. You practically made a name for yourself by disobeying orders and not telling your superiors what you were up to. And in the climax she'll fight a room full of heavily armed guys no problem, but she won't even attempt to kick a phone out of an old guy's hand even when he's distracted. Come on. Rip the freaking jacket off and throw it at Pierce's face.

TWS is certainly one of the best Marvel movies made, but there are still three huge thorns that drives me crazy. Bringing ALL of SHIELD down was stupid. When SHIELD worked, it saved the world. And since Earth now has to deal with technologically advanced alien threats, those new helicarriers would have been invaluable. But no, Steve had to be an absolutist which means every single thing had to go. You know what you could have used against all those Ultron drones? Three heavily armed Helicarriers that can shoot at small targets 3,000 miles away. And.... You know what, I'm just going to put this in spoilers since it annoys the crap out of everyone.

I didn't like how Black Widow was a constant source of punishment from everything and everyone. Being berated, manhandled and openly mistrusted by Cap even after the events of The Avengers with an added dose of being knocked out more than once is not a highlight. Come on, Cap. Quit thinking that everything is a bad idea because no one told you. You practically made a name for yourself by disobeying orders and not telling your superiors what you were up to. And in the climax she'll fight a room full of heavily armed guys no problem, but she won't even attempt to kick a phone out of an old guy's hand even when he's distracted. Come on. Rip the freaking jacket off and throw it at Pierce's face.

NO !!!! Wrong for all reasons. Ultron would never have come into being if Shield had still existed. Stark would never have felt the need to develop his "suit of armour for the world " if Shield had remained in power. And there is no way on earth that Shield could have remained once the scale of Hydras maniupulation had become known, it had to be dismantled and the normal existing military apparatus takeover the budgets and defence elements as we have seen. Governments kind of react badly on learning they were almost selectively wiped out by weapons of mass destruction from a domestic covert military organisation they apparently have no power or control over. Actually I'm amazed Shield was still had a board of Directors given they would have NUKED NEW YORK if not for the Avengers. Lets not forget that little thing !!!!!!
Actually the scenario of having a fleet of autonmated helicarriers which ,as an AI, Ultron could presumably have easily hacked or have taken over as part of the program like Hydra if he had been been connected to Shield is terrifying. As it is he still manages to get elements of Hydras research program to work for him as it stands.

And the Black Widow? Jeyl. REALLY?????
I don't think she'd want you to fight her battles for her. Looks like shes got a Hulk now.

But the news the Russo brothers have got Infinity Wars is BRILLIANT. Hope Joss Whedon gets a gig for that other major franchise!!!! That would be even better!!!!

Last edited:

Here's hoping Captain Marvel (If she'll even be featured in the movies) isn't rendered helpless by an old guy in his late 70s armed with a cell phone.

There are plans out there for a Captain Marvel movie with all sorts of rumor floating around about who Marvel will cast in the lead role. One popular choice amongst some fans is Katee Sackhoff of BSG fame but I don't think there has been anything substantial from Marvel about casting yet.

There are plans out there for a Captain Marvel movie with all sorts of rumor floating around about who Marvel will cast in the lead role. One popular choice amongst some fans is Katee Sackhoff of BSG fame but I don't think there has been anything substantial from Marvel about casting yet.

That's an understatement. Ever since they announced that a movie involving Captain Marvel was going to happen, the very next update we got was that her movie got bumped from summer to winter in favor of Sony letting Spiderman have his go. The Avengers: Infinity War on the other hand were not delayed.

And GRRR. The amount of importance and risk put upon the Captain Marvel movie is just not fair, and the timing is absolutely terrible. It's not just the fact that there will be dozens of comic book movies released between now and her's, it's what she'll be competing against. Like James Cameron's Avatar sequels. What kind of a chance will her movie have against that?

- - - Updated - - -

That's it. I'm going to see what the deal is.

Great news. I love that the Avengers movies have musical consistency. I feel like the individual MCU properties change things up too much from one movie to the next.

For fellow fans in Georgia or those who are willing to travel.

https://www.facebook.com/centralcas...237672936954/1580662878894432/?type=3&theater

" *** NEW HUGE PROJECT - THE AVENGERS***

We are beginning prep shortly on Marvel's, The Avengers!

A large portion of the background roles will be hand selected by the Directors, plus there will be many stand-in and photo double roles as well. You must be registered in our database to be seen and selected. You are registered if you have attended an open call or our office in 2016.

If you haven't registered with Central Casting yet, do so NOW in our office! It's always free to do and all of our registration info can be found below or at CentralCasting.com.

Monday-Friday 11am-5pm
235 Peachtree St NE
Suite #217
Atlanta, GA 30303
{2nd Floor above CVS and a half block down from Hard Rock Cafe}

Plenty of parking options throughout downtown or take MARTA to the Peachtree Center stop.

We will begin submitting pictures of our registered talent in the coming weeks and posting casting notices on our FB page in the coming months as well.

Make sure you are registered so you can be part of this MARVELous movie along with all of our other projects! "

13920125_1580662878894432_6702098038539040047_o.jpg

It's fascinating to hear the commentary track on Civil War where Markus, McFeely and the Russos discuss the writing process and how they navigated the inherent pitfalls with a project this complex and how they were able to subvert audience expectations. So I've been contemplating the problems with dealing with Infinity War which, in the comics, seems a fairly typical villain/macguffin vehicle but on a grand scale. In the MCU Thanos shouldn't just be some giant cosmic megalomaniac, which is kind of what we expect.

I think they need tune up Thanos' motivations and make them interesting if not completely novel or unexpected. His infatuation/romance with the literal embodiment of death can be approached in some interesting ways. The scale of Thanos could be conveyed by keeping him distant (emotionally and/or physically) and enigmatic, perhaps like how Galactus was sometimes portrayed in the early comics where even the presence of humans in his craft were as inconsequential as houseflies.

His nature and abstract motives (e.g. romance with death) might be revealed through Dr. Strange. I see Thanos as a being omnipresent in multiple planes of reality and whose enigmatic psyche might reflect his perception of multiple (all?) planes of reality.

While Thanos' portrayal in GotG seemed more conventional, there are a number of ways to contrive an explanation for that departure. Of course we can also simply presume much of his development occurred as a result of him possessing the stones - in which case we have every excuse to reinvent him from the ground up. It also separates him further from Gamora and Nebula (I always felt like the existence of two "daughters" could attenuate Thanos' "stature" as a big bad. i.e. How enigmatic can he actually be if he has two "daughters" who seem entirely relatable as characters?). His possession of the stones could corrupt him into a transdimensional omniscient being - but that premise, at face value, also is already a well-worn device (LotR etc.).

I'm just going to spitball my ideas in this thread.

With the scale of this film we might also use the opportunity to also allude to or introduce grand cosmic beings, like Eternity, the Celestials, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back