Avengers: Infinity War (Pre-release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Avengers: Infinity War

Yeah - took my kid down earlier - he was fascinated by it all. Green screen area at the station now has a fake coffee stand, tourist info posters, pay phones and a newspaper stall (partly destroyed). The street behind the station also has a couple of shops converted/rebranded for film use.

According to ScarJo, there's one scene with something like 30 characters in it.

New set photo!!
iXVQJSr.jpg.png

Notice the hole in Tony's shirt. Seems to me he might be getting the Arc reactor back in his chest...it's visible in these other photos as well:
XacnDZw.jpgCNabBWS.jpg

I wonder what circumstances leads to him getting it inserted again. Events in Homecoming perhaps? Recurring heart problems? More power to his suit for fighting Thanos?

Interesting wardrobe on Dr. Strange

Looking at the sleeves I think it may just be the undershirt portion of his regular costume with the straps being internal and used to support a cable harness. Would be similar to the construction of Chris Evan's CW suit for temperature regulation and mobility purposes.

Not sure they blended the IM face to the smoother head quite right. Also, the chest emitter looks a little too heart-shaped for my taste.

I'm just not sure about this one.

@MooCriket
That's certainly different.

Last edited:

Looks more like he ran out of paint :)
My thoughts exactly. I dont like how the bottom is all one color. Granted its a cool chrome, just looks undone, especially since the first armor was all silver.

I'm starting info lockdown early on this one - at least for now.

Recently rewatched Civil War and that movie holds up very well to rewatching. The action sequences are tightly directed and edited and still are engaging. This is also true about Winter Soldier. The first IM film holds up to multiple viewings mainly because of the narrative and acting. The action in IM is good but not as outstanding as the with the Russo films. Similarly the first Avengers film is well paced and rewatchable but the Russos still do action better than just about anybody today.

That being said, it's a challenge for the Russos to make a film about cosmic warfare that can be as interpersonally engaging as Civil War. I'm not saying it's impossible but Infinity War is much more fantasy than their previous films which were rooted in our reality. It's no coincidence that those films omitted Thor and the Hulk which would have been totally inconsistent with the politics and scale of the CA films.

But the Russos are smart enough to appreciate that challenge. I think they're smart enough to still make a good, if not great, film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back