Thor: Ragnarok

Not knowing ANYTHING about who jeff gouldblum is playing, that was my exact thought of the type of character he WOULD play in this universe.

nice to see i'm not that far off.

Maybe he'll be like the collector in TNG. creepy and laid back? :)

He is playing the Grandmaster. Another elder of the universe and "brother" to the Collector. In the comics he entertains himself by kidnapping heroes and villains and making them fight to determine if Good or Evil is better. He has a long history of trying to "one-up" the Collector. Think of him as an amoral Roman Emperor overseeing gladiatorial spectacles. He is flamboyant where the Collector is creepy and laid back.

Never thought I'd experience a time in my life where I would be able to say that I'm excited to see the 3rd Thor movie. I mean really. How does that even happen?

I've heard that the Dr. Strange stinger was more of an Easter Egg, not actually anything relating to Ragnarok.

I think from what I saw in Dr.Strange and now the new Thor trailer that Strange is gonna be in it right at the end,I'd bet the last half hour or so since it's going to be tied to Infinity Wars and they find something here on earth that is going to bring the intergalactic side of it home.

And for what it's worth I've seen it mentioned in a couple places that Strange is in the new Thor.

Been pretty quiet lately Fawbish, where you been?

Howdy. New job! Less time for defending my enjoyment of late ;)

I had to find the others like me, as an attack is coming.

"Not coming, Fawbish...it's already here."

Vaguely on topic, psyched to see Hela unleashed. I almost thought the way she said "Asgard...is dead." and the flick of her head at the same time showed true disgust.

What is her general history torwards Thor?

Vaguely on topic, psyched to see Hela unleashed. I almost thought the way she said "Asgard...is dead." and the flick of her head at the same time showed true disgust.

haha rock on man. Good luck at your new digs. I wasnt big into Thor in the comics, so to be honest, I have no idea! I guess we will have to wait to find out. November sounds so far away... :(

Antagonistic. She generally was a difficult villain in the comics due to being the goddess of Death. However recently she was unseated from Hel (her realm) and is trying to reclaim it. I'm not sure what this means for the movie, except that Thanos loves death, and there will be an infinity wars movie eventually.....

Puts the "T" in to "TREMENDOUS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody in that trailer nails it, particularly Kate, her voice alone is worth the price of a ticket. Smiled to hear the Hulk speak as well.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back