Thor: Ragnarok

The concept of Ares is far older than Marvel and DC combined. Neither has a legal claim to the character name. Only the unique character design.
Well I know that, but Ares is the god of war and a main antagonist of Wonder Woman, whom I think they are using in the movie. Same thing with Thor, he is based in norse mythology yadda yadda yadda. If Marvel used Ares at all, it would look like they were ripping off DC.

Well I know that, but Ares is the god of war and a main antagonist of Wonder Woman, whom I think they are using in the movie. Same thing with Thor, he is based in norse mythology yadda yadda yadda. If Marvel used Ares at all, it would look like they were ripping off DC.

But why would they?

I thought in the comics Ares plays a part in one of the Ragnarok story lines. Doesnt he? I dunno I thought somebody mentioned it.

He is part of The Dark Avengers when they attack Asgard and I believe he gets torn apart by The Sentry

I'd read somewhere that Dr Strange would be in it. Perhaps that's how Hulk gets there? I dunno. But it does look fun!

That Hulk part was hilarious! They're due for a bad movie here though. I'm still surprised that all of these have been so good.

they are the only ones that seem to know HOW to make a Good, fun movie these days. look at all the other crap other people have been putting out lately!

other than marvel, I have not had the need to revisit ANY of the so called 'blockbusters' released last holliday season, and that's a first time tha'ts ever happened!

well they have had a few "bad" ones. from time to time i rewatch most of the marvel movies cus they are just that damm good. however i do tend to skip the same ones like for example iron man3 or even the 2nd avengers just because i dint like them.

The trailers been out for nearly 12 hours and I've not seen one pic of a complete Ragnarok Thor Helmet. I'm disgusted with each and every one of you :lol

attachment.php

I can't believe that's Cate Blanchett! She looks really good in this as the villain! Very impressed!

I think Jeff Goldblum is a very out in left field choice, but I reserve judgment til I see what his character is all about.

Looks like fun overall!

Yah, Cate looks amazing. I didn't even recognize her.
She looks way different though from when she grabs the hammer, to when she is about to wreck asgard. It doesnt even look like her at all. She has a very distinct look, I couldnt believe those two shots were of the same person.

I think Jeff Goldblum is a very out in left field choice,

I thought the same of Benicio del Toro, as the Collector. But he was awesome. I think, since they are brothers that are equal and opposite of each other it should be fun if they let him go over the top and not just play himself.

I thought the same of Benicio del Toro, as the Collector. But he was awesome. I think, since they are brothers that are equal and opposite of each other it should be fun if they let him go over the top and not just play himself.

Not knowing ANYTHING about who jeff gouldblum is playing, that was my exact thought of the type of character he WOULD play in this universe.

nice to see i'm not that far off.

Maybe he'll be like the collector in TNG. creepy and laid back? :)

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back