Captain Marvel

Vivek

Master Member
Carol Danvers will have her solo movie, releasing on July 6 2018.

B1DdDsFCUAA5mkW.jpg

This is outstanding news! Now they just need to cast Katee Sackhoff as Carol and I will be over the moon. :love

BTW, I also love the fact that they're giving her 4th of July weekend that year. It tells me they're confident she'll do well that they're giving her such a plum position!

tumblr_mryooxWFcK1qm34qno1_400.gif

Wait a second.

1. What happened to Monica Rambeau?

2. What happened to the Kree dude?

3. I thought Carol Danvers was Ms. Marvel, not Captain Marvel?

Not that I mind one way or the other, but I'm confused.

Carol Danvers took on the mantle of Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell) since she got powers from him, so as to honor him. For now there will be no movie titled Ms. Marvel.

I'm confused. I thought Mary Marvel was Ms. Marvel.
View attachment 396437

That's a whole other aspect of the "Captain Marvel" vs. "Captain Marvel" debate. Suffice to say, Mary Marvel and the Marvel Family (all coming from Captain Marvel, a.k.a. "Shazam") are DC properties.

This Captain Marvel is a Marvel property. I didn't know she'd taken on the name, so I guess that makes more sense now.

If anyone else is wondering, I think Marvel isn't just making a Captain Marvel movie only cause they have to do a superhero film with a female lead. If that was the case they could have gone with a established character like Black Widow instead.

Carol Danvers as Captain Marvel is one of the most powerful characters in the Marvel universe and there is so much potential for some unique stories and visual possibilities. And she has gotten such a rapid fan following especially among the female readers in the last couple of years after the relaunch. So this is another example of Marvel choosing the character cause of her significance and for the fans.

As for casting I wouldn't mind Katee Sackhoff or Yvonne Strahovski. And I haven't seen Vikings yet, but after seeing pics of Katheryn Winnick in some of the recent articles she seemed like a good choice too.

15662628822_86180bcbdc_b.jpg

Very much looking forward to see how they adapt her awesome comic costume for the movie. I hope they also retain that distinct hairstyle when she is in costume, along with the add-on red helmet.

15662628982_fd753934f5_o.jpg

15638075166_73e24374ec_o.jpg

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back