Captain Marvel

It does look like we see both of her power sets-- the initial Kree super strength accompanied by the power bands. (No flight though? Why is she scaling that train instead of flying to it?)

But by the end she clearly has her energy powers. I think she gets a level up along the way.

Thank you!

I'm trying to keep a timeline in my head

for the name/costume changes
Ronin before/after black facepaint
Rouge/Carol Danvers 'issues'..

and when/how they are trying to present this order to us..

She was just Carol Danvers, at first. Lois Lane to Captain Marvel basically. She was a supporting character in his book.

Then she got Marvel's powers thanks to some Kree technology blowing up, and became Ms. Marvel when she starred in her own book. Along the way, she joined the Avengers. She got mind-screwed and subsequently attacked by Rogue, who absorbed her psyche, already jumbled memories, and some of Carol's powers.

Up to this point her powers were mostly flight, strength, invincibility, and she had Kree power-bands for firepower. After the encounter with Rogue, she had nothing. From here she became an X-Men supporting character. She had a past as an undercover SHIELD agent with Wolverine, and Professor X helped recover her memories. Rogue, who had joined the X-Men developed a condition in which of she was ever knocked out, a Carol Danvers personality took over her mind.

The real Carol, to thank Professor X, snuck into SHIELD/Pentagon HQ and erased all known records of the X-Men.

While she was in space with the X-Men she was experimented on by aliens, as they were curious as to how a human could have Kree DNA. They ultimately gave her new energy-based powers as part of the experiment and she became a superhero again, this time called BINARY. She stayed in space and hung with the Star Jammers (basically what the GOTG were to Avengers, the Star Jammers were to the X-Men.)

As Binary her powers were off the charts, almost too powerful for writers to work with. She was powered by a white hole. At some point in the 90s, she recharged the sun, but it drained her powers. She lost most of the Binary powers, but she realized her Kree powers had returned. She returned to earth, back to her original power set, but still retains low level energy powers as well. At this point she became known as Warbird, and like every other Marvel hero in this era, she gave up on the secret identity and it was common knowledge who she was.

This was when she started to get a "push." She returned to the Avengers and was given (by the writers I mean) a much more prominent role. In-universe, she was frequently in command or second in command of various Avenger teams. When this happened, they returned her to being Ms. Marvel.

After that, she was more or less promoted to Marvel's A-list, starring in team books and her own solo books. About 6 years ago, the natural next step of her evolution was to stop wearing the bikini outfit and domino mask and become Captain Marvel herself. This happens after an encounter with a duplicate of the original Captain Marvel.

Now add on top of that the running themes of broken memories, abuse, rape survival and alcoholism!

I read an interview where Clark Gregg said Coulson is seriously into MC Hammer with the pants and everything. I don't know if he was being funny or it's actually in the movie.

Meh. Maybe I'm just a jaded old man but that trailer did absolutely nothing for me. I've loved damn near everything Marvel has made thus far. This is a teaser though so I'll reserve judgement until the movie is out.

Is there already a gif when Carol (Brie Larson) punched an old lady available?

This is the internet, of course there is :)

tumblr_pf96nqFc4N1qdhizao2_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pf96nqFc4N1qdhizao1_r1_540.gif

:eek

Oh and here's another awesome one I found...

tumblr_pf98kpxzGR1wwym45o2_540.gif

After watching that trailer I'm a lot more hyped for this movie than I thought I'd be, so now I kinda wish I had waited to watch it, as the next 6 months of waiting are going to suck. At least there are plenty of movies I'm looking forward to just as much (or more) coming out between now and then to hold me over :lol (like Venom, Halloween, Aquaman, Alita: Battle Angel, Glass, and probably quite a few others I'm not thinking of at the moment).

A new origin storyline for Captain Marvel apparently:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f08OxvBg6fI

It certainly changed my expectations for the movie and I actually preffer this . It would seem to tie up alot of inconsistencies that may have existed in the MCU if they had gone with the original, whilst helping to successfully explain her abscense from Earth for such time, as well as explaining more about Nick Fury and SHIELD.
There has never a better example of how to modify and improve on a franchise story universe with strong, common sense decisions than Marvel.

Has anyone seen a Thread for this costume build? I've searched but haven't found anything.
None yet. I'm currently trying to disect the costume and figure out how it all goes together, since the zipper is not shown. It looks like the more "armored" part of the chest and back are layered over the base suit, but still tied in to the bottom. I see velcro in my future

Saw an article that pointed it out, but if you look at the poster (the one of her in the hangar, if there's more than one out right now), on the left hand side you can see Chewie's butt (her cat).

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back